How much $ do you need to reserve a room?

mama_scraps

Earning My Ears
This is probably a silly question and I'm not sure where to put. :) I'm planning a trip for September (haven't called to reserve a room yet) and I'm wondering how much $ I need for a deposit - is it one night's stay? If it matters, I'm hoping to stay at Pop Century. And what if I change it to a package - how much $ do I have to have down then. I'm hoping I can pay in installments up until the trip. Thanks for the help!

:) I think it is one night's room but we always pay a $200 dollar deposit and don't change plans. If you have to change you can do that up to 45 daysbefore the trip I think. Give it a few more minutes and someone elase will respond.........;)

:) Me again, you have to have the full amount paid 45 days before your trip and you can pay how much you want each installment til then. You can buy tickets and all once you get there. I would do it ASAP because free dining in in Sept usually and the value resorts are really booked up......do it , do it , do it (chanting) :cheer2:

If you don't do a package, and only reserve room only, it is one night's stay for deposit, and the balance due at check in. You can choose to pay it in installments before you go, but don't have to. I do this, I like to have it all squared away before getting there. I buy my park hoppers through undercovertourist. We never do the dining plan, too much food for us, so a package never seemed necessary.

For room only, you can cancel before 5 days for full refund (I'm not 100% sure on the details/time/amount on this though...but it is not 45 days like a package).

I would do it ASAP because free dining in in Sept usually and the value resorts are really booked up......do it , do it , do it (chanting) :cheer2:

Should I book a room now in the hopes of free dining? Our trip really hinges on that because we are on a tight budget but we really want to go ;) Or is it better to wait until they offer free dining and then make our reservations?

Not sure about free dining, that might make a difference, but if you are booking the room only you can get a AAA discount (if you are a member) or possibly a number of other ones when you CALL to make the reservation. You can't get that with packages or off the internet. BUT, if you are trying to use a special advertised promotion (like buy 4 nights get 3 free or something like that) I'm sure that would be a better deal and you wouldn't be able to do both.

If you see a promotion you want, BOOK IT NOW. If something better comes along, book that one and cancel the first!

Good luck.

Free dining would be considered a package. It is my understanding that a room only reservation cannot be rolled over into a package. I think what some people do is make a package reservation and pay the deposit. You can then make payments on it however you like. This will reserve the room at your resort of chocie. If/when the free dining promo is released you call and have it applied to your reservation. You have to pay your package in full 45 days before your arrival date. Once it is paid in full you cannot make any changes without some kind of penalty. I have never done this, just trying to remember what I have read on here. If this is wrong, someone please correct me.

If you don't do a package, and only reserve room only, it is one night's stay for deposit, and the balance due at check in. You can choose to pay it in installments before you go, but don't have to. I do this, I like to have it all squared away before getting there. I buy my park hoppers through undercovertourist. We never do the dining plan, too much food for us, so a package never seemed necessary.

For room only, you can cancel before 5 days for full refund (I'm not 100% sure on the details/time/amount on this though...but it is not 45 days like a package).

Me too! If you sign up for the newsletter at www.mousesavers.com they send a monthly email of specials and a link for an additional mousesaver discount on tickets at UCT. :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Thanks so much for the help everyone! My dh and I have been discussing things and I think we'll be going in January instead (for dd's birthday). That will give us more time to plan and save $. :)

I just wanted to say have fun planning your upcoming trip. May you have a great time and make it wonderful as possible.

Have a nice day. :)

:welcome:

I was asked to put $200 on my 4/3 deal, but if under 45 days, you will be asked to pay in full, have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter