How much do you know about your local professional soccer team?

I personally only know the team is called the Union and have a player named Bedoya whose jersey I just purchased for my son.

We are, however, heading to a game next week for my sons birthday. I only ever watch soccer when my kids are playing, so it’s going to be an experience for me. (I prefer American football). My DH watches though, and my son is turning into all soccer all the time, so I’m sure I’m bound to learn more. (I got a lesson on the champions league yesterday…)
I’m curious, does your family watch the Union on tv?

I’m curious, does your family watch the Union on tv?
My DH will if a game happens to be on when he’s looking for something to watch, but he doesn’t necessarily make it a point to catch games. My son will stop and watch if a games on the tv when he’s passing through.

They were watching the game the crazy game vs NY with the red carded trainer (Only in Philly!) and I did watch the extra minutes with them.

My DH will if a game happens to be on when he’s looking for something to watch, but he doesn’t necessarily make it a point to catch games. My son will stop and watch if a games on the tv when he’s passing through.

They were watching the game the crazy game vs NY with the red carded trainer (Only in Philly!) and I did watch the extra minutes with them.
Yeah, I’m an NYCFC fan so I know about that game. Philly and NYC are very close in the standings. Both really need to win their upcoming games to truly have a lead over the other. If you are going to the Union vs DC game, it should be a great one to attend since they are a Union rival. Last night’s games were crazy as well.

Yeah, I’m an NYCFC fan so I know about that game. Philly and NYC are very close in the standings. Both really need to win their upcoming games to truly have a lead over the other. If you are going to the Union vs DC game, it should be a great one to attend since they are a Union rival. Last night’s games were crazy as well.
Yes we’re going to the DC game.

Yes we’re going to the DC game.
One of the best games of the year. And probably one where VAR will be essential.

Have fun at the game. MLS is an easy league to follow and always enjoyable. :-)

Last edited:
Are any of you orlando locals? We’re hoping to attend the game vs Union on the 23rd & I’m wondering if the cheaper seats still have a good view?

Are any of you orlando locals? We’re hoping to attend the game vs Union on the 23rd & I’m wondering if the cheaper seats still have a good view?
From what I’ve heard, all seats have a great view. I’ll try to find a game day video from YouTube.

Thank you for this thread. Until a year and a half ago, my local club, of which I was a founding member of its supporter's club, was the NY Metrostars/Red Bull. I've since moved to PA and the MLS club an hour and a half from me is the Philadelphia Union. But I got curious and Googled soccer in PA and found out we have a local women's team, Lancaster FC, that plays in the UWS and Hershey FC that plays in the NPSL. I'll have to check them both out. The only time you'll catch me in PPL is when the Red Bull come to visit. I'm not switching allegiances. The only thing that kills me is I don't have MSG onb my local cable, so I have to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch them.

Thank you for this thread. Until a year and a half ago, my local club, of which I was a founding member of its supporter's club, was the NY Metrostars/Red Bull. I've since moved to PA and the MLS club an hour and a half from me is the Philadelphia Union. But I got curious and Googled soccer in PA and found out we have a local women's team, Lancaster FC, that plays in the UWS and Hershey FC that plays in the NPSL. I'll have to check them both out. The only time you'll catch me in PPL is when the Red Bull come to visit. I'm not switching allegiances. The only thing that kills me is I don't have MSG onb my local cable, so I have to subscribe to ESPN+ to watch them.
Well MSG won’t be a problem next year since we all will need Apple’s MLS TV service to watch MLS.

They are the Vancouver WhiteCaps. I have only been to one game and that is because it was a work event at my husband’s work and it was free.

50% of my heart resides in Liverpool and I know them pretty darn well. YNWA! (The 50% of my heart that lives with my body roots for my U’s college teams pretty hard too tho, no real pro teams to speak of).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter