How much do you $$ a nite in Disney hotels?

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
...during a race weekend.

During marathon weekend I stayed at the Dolphin hotel (well actually that's where I always stay). I book a special rate that is usually offered in early summer but its pre paid...and the total is two hundred and something a nite.
I already booked the Swan for next year though on points...so that's a freebie.

However I checked out prices for the MK resorts...always my dream to stay there...and my goodness the rates are very high. I have seen rates that start at nearly $400 and go up. Is this correct?

Just wondering if that's what you pay or if there is some secret rate out there (AAA) that brings that price down a bit. Nice hotels but too much for me.

This year I've gotten a quote of around 270 for a garden wing room at the contemporary, 129 at pop and 89 at all star. I'm debating using DVC points or staying at contemporary.

Marathon weekend rack rates for 2014 (1/9-11) started at:
Value: $110
Moderate: $187 - $192
AKL: $348
BWI $439
Contemporary $421

The rates surrounding the marathon weekend are definitely cheaper. Also, look around in the late July through September period when winter discounts are announced. They are generally 20-40% off these rates. The discounts are open to the public but there are also other opportunities for AP holders as well as AAA members

Marathon weekend rack rates for 2014 (1/9-11) started at:
Value: $110
Moderate: $187 - $192
AKL: $348
BWI $439
Contemporary $421

The rates surrounding the marathon weekend are definitely cheaper. Also, look around in the late July through September period when winter discounts are announced. They are generally 20-40% off these rates. The discounts are open to the public but there are also other opportunities for AP holders as well as AAA members

These are more like the rates I have always seen...you add tax onto that and that resort tax and it jumps so much higher. I mean $400 and change for the Contemporary?
I will look out for winter specials tho. I know I have the Swan booked but I have always wanted to stay in a MK resort.

This year I've gotten a quote of around 270 for a garden wing room at the contemporary, 129 at pop and 89 at all star. I'm debating using DVC points or staying at contemporary.

Where did you call to get a qutoe of $270/night for the Contemporary? I have never seen anything in the MK area for under $400.

A garden wing room is also another way of saying....if you can look out your window and see a garden (a dumpster/the parking lot/the employee entrance) that's a garden view. However I wouldn't mind a 'garden view' room if I got the room at a reasonable rate. I was just thinking...maybe this time....for once I will stay someplace different.

Where did you call to get a qutoe of $270/night for the Contemporary? I have never seen anything in the MK area for under $400. A garden wing room is also another way of saying....if you can look out your window and see a garden (a dumpster/the parking lot/the employee entrance) that's a garden view. However I wouldn't mind a 'garden view' room if I got the room at a reasonable rate. I was just thinking...maybe this time....for once I will stay someplace different.
I have booked through a Disney travel agent for the past 4 years. Every year their agency books a large number of rooms at a bunch of different resorts. They must just build enough margin in in order to cover any rate increases that happen before the public rates are released. I am not affiliated with that agency. I you pm me I can send you my agents email address.

Garden wing is not Garden view. It's the two story building on the water by the water bridge. We've had pool and lagoon views in this building. Based on its location I don't think you could have a them park view.

I believe the "garden wing" is the wing behind the Contemporary, not in the main building.
correct. For marathon weekend my goal was the cheapest way to have monorail access. I prefer the Poly for location but this agency didn't get discounted rooms there this year.

It is not uncommon to get a sub$300room in the garden wing. I am kind of surprised the DVC has not acquired that wing as well as the old north wing to 'better' develop the property. Also, on average, the room rates I quoted would be cheaper if one extends outside of the dates quoted. I was kind of taken back that the marathon weekend was listed as a separate rate on the tariff sheets.

When we were 'revenue' attendees we would reserve a room in the resort we wanted now and then shop rates in the August timeframe. The early reservation was to assure a room and the second was for rate.

honestly i never stay at disney hotels anymore its just not worth it.. i go on hotwire pick a main gate hotel that usually around 36 bucks a night has a kitchen and everything

I get a roommate who's not in my immediate family, so then whatever the cost is, I only pay half. ;)

Funny, I have never spent vacation in a non-Disney resort as I have always felt like some of the 'magic' comes from having Mickey on the other end of the wake up call. On the numerous business trips here, I stayed Marriott Village and it never really felt like I was at Disney. I always felt like I was staying at the Marriott near an amusement park.

I have booked the Swan already...with points....but if I thought I could get a MK hotel at a 'reasonable' rate...I would book that and use my points for another hotel...another stay.

I wouldn't stay outside of Disney. Been there done that...its not the same. I do get the fact that's it WAY cheaper and you probably have more room and a kitchen which is great. However for me...I figure in this case...I am already spending close to $200 for a race, one race...so I may as well go all the way!
I would rather stay at a place that is within and just cut the time short than stay outside and have a longer stay.

To each his own. But there are some very fine hotels outside of Disney too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter