How much character interaction is there?

MTNest

Earning My Ears
How much will we see the Disney characters on the cruise? Should I book a character meal at Chef Mickey's the night before we cruise to make sure we've had a moment of private time and gotten pictures with Mickey, Goofy, and the gang? We are 2 empty nester adults. (One of my children surprised me this afternoon with a phone picture of himself in Disneyland today. He said it turns out it's only a 10 hr. drive from his college. He knew I'd be so jealous!:cool1: )

How much will we see the Disney characters on the cruise? Should I book a character meal at Chef Mickey's the night before we cruise to make sure we've had a moment of private time and gotten pictures with Mickey, Goofy, and the gang? We are 2 empty nester adults. (One of my children surprised me this afternoon with a phone picture of himself in Disneyland today. He said it turns out it's only a 10 hr. drive from his college. He knew I'd be so jealous!:cool1: )

You will have plenty of photo ops...the neat thing about the cruise is Mickey has his sailor uniform on:thumbsup2

IMO if you don't get pictures with Mickey and the Gang on the ships you were trying to avoid them. :)

Character appearances and interaction on our cruise was poor. Crying children were left standing in line as Mickey walked away after 30-45 minutes of a scheduled meet. Mickey and Minnie were in need of standins . One evening Mickey ran through the diningroom as if to tease the children, he was in and out in the blink of an eye. Luckily we have a sense of humor.

7 day cruises offer a character breakfast where you can get one on one interaction with a quick photo with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Chip & Dale and Goofy and maybe Donald, but I'm not sure.

Otherwise, characters appear numerous times throughout the day at various locations onboard and in various different outfits. Just check your navigator or call the PALS line on your room phone to find out when and where the characters will be.

:cheer2: We just returned from a 7-night Eastern Carribean Disney Magic cruise which was an unbelievable vacation!!

We saw so many characters it was uncanny! There are times when there is a pretty long line (The Princesses and Formal Night) but there were plenty of times when there was no line at all (we walked right up to Captain Hook, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Jack Sparrow, Tink, Peter Pan, etc. with no wait). Another great tip: We got great group shots with Mickey and then Minnie in the Port Canaveral Terminal while waiting to board. If you get to the terminal early (before the dcl buses and crowds arrive), there is less of a wait. Also, follow your Navigator faithfully and you can't miss the characters. The times and locations of who, when, and where they will be throughout your cruise are all posted. There is a character breakfast where you'll have private photo time (as mentioned)-- Photo ops are also on Castaway Cay. All in all I agree with the statement that if you don't have character encounters, it is definitely because you were trying to avoid them.

.....I just got done with a WDW /DCL vacation (01-07-09 to 01-15-09) & yes, I had numerous ALONE TIMES with the characters - even had a quick 3-4 minute photo op with Goofy & Donald. It was priceless as I explained to each of them:

" Ok.....suddenly a spider crawls up your leg! You feel frightened!"
etc...... Now you just won the Superbowl..what are you going to do now? The pictures came back just priceless! :cool1:
And yes, I am a solo adult traveler. You will enjoy the inneraction; especially with the HUMAN characters. Captain Jack inneraction:

I walk up to him squinting my eyes & with arms folded. I say:
"So.....CAPtain Jack! WE meet again!"

His response (from jovial to defensive): "Have me meet somewhere before?"
My response: YES! & You OWE ME MONEY! Besides, I am dating your SISTER & she is a redhead! Etc.......
Well.......you get the point. From all kinds of Disney characters, you will truely enjoy inneracting with them.:thumbsup2

Enjoy.

Kris

Thank you all very much for taking the time to answer my question. Now I'm onto learning to make magnet decorations for our door.:artist:

:cheer2: We just returned from a 7-night Eastern Carribean Disney Magic cruise which was an unbelievable vacation!!

We saw so many characters it was uncanny! There are times when there is a pretty long line (The Princesses and Formal Night) but there were plenty of times when there was no line at all (we walked right up to Captain Hook, Chip & Dale, Pluto, Jack Sparrow, Tink, Peter Pan, etc. with no wait). Another great tip: We got great group shots with Mickey and then Minnie in the Port Canaveral Terminal while waiting to board. If you get to the terminal early (before the dcl buses and crowds arrive), there is less of a wait. Also, follow your Navigator faithfully and you can't miss the characters. The times and locations of who, when, and where they will be throughout your cruise are all posted. There is a character breakfast where you'll have private photo time (as mentioned)-- Photo ops are also on Castaway Cay. All in all I agree with the statement that if you don't have character encounters, it is definitely because you were trying to avoid them.

Do they characters come around to the tables during the breakfast? I had read some reports a while ago that said they changed the breakfast and they no longer circulated for photos. I hope they changed it back.

Yes, they changed the CB back to the characters coming around to the table for pictures but you have to be quick. The time mentioned in a previous post with Mickey is at the end of the AP light show and Sorcorer Mickey marches around with the servers. He is available for pictures that night in the atrium as well, but the lines are long. You need to get there early. Characters are rotated at the different picture locations in the atrium and deck 4 before and after dinner. Expecting Mickey to stay out there for more than 45 is a bit much IMO. People want to get their photos with toher characters as well. The CMs with the character will end the line with the last person in line at a certain point and will tell anyone else who comes to the line that they will be seeing the next character scheduled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter