How much cash will I need in the parks?

Adrieske

Mouseketeer
We are on the DDP, so we'll get one snack. Do most of the carts take either our room key or a debit/credit card? We leave SUNDAY!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: so I'm trying to decide how much cash to bring for 7 days.

We find that on the DDP we don't need a lot of cash. The carts take cards but sometimes the card reader is not working. It is nice to have cash instead. You will need money for any dining tipping, unless you plan to tip on your card. We find it is easier to charge everything to our room and then I go and pay that off. How much cash you need also depends on how much stuff you plan to buy. As a min. I would plan for 50.00 a day for misc. cash purchases not including souvenirs.

If we are just staying at Disney we pretty much charge everything back to the room and take about $200 cash (if that) for the week...family of 3. We mainly use the cash for tips, the airport and unexpected drink purchases. I premake my housekeeping tip envelopes. We usually come home with $40-$60 in cash.

All places in Disney have ability to read your card - Debit, Credit, or Room Charge. Even if you are on the Dining Plan, you can still use your room card as the charge card. Do be careful with the snacks as you receive one snack per person per day. However, if you were to purchase 4 ice creams and 4 bottles of water, that would could as 8 snacks from the DDP. You can designate the difference between room charge and DDP. You can do room charge for souvenirs or charge to room. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter