• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much are upcharges for the restaurants on Freedom of the Seas?

winniedapooh

<font color=magenta>Busy and proud Mom of 5 Disney
Well we took the plunge and went to the other side so to speak, lol. We cancelled two Verandah Rooms on DCL and booked a Royal Suite on Freedom of the Seas for 1/2/16...thought we were saving 3K, but it is actually closer to 4K...Holy Hannah!!!:scared:

How much are upcharges for the restaurants on Freedom of the Seas?

I asked my travel agent this, she said RCL told her I would be able to see the prices once our deposit was paid. That has been done, but I am still unable to see the prices. Do any of you happen to know? TIA, it is much appreciated!:worship:

Chops should be ~$30/pp and Giovanni's should be ~$25/pp. (At least that's what we paid the last time we sailed on Freedom earlier this year) I believe Freedom added a third specialty restaurant during her last dry dock, but I don't have any info on that. Since you are in a Royal Suite, you also can do in room dining from the full Main Dining Room menu (no extra charge) :D

Edited to add: Sabor (Mexican) is the new restaurant on Freedom. ~$25/pp for dinner

As for making reservations, Royal generally opens up their dining reservations about 90-100 days out from your sail date. We have a NYE cruise booked on Brilliance and those reservations just opened up this morning (100 days out). Considering you're on the cruise the day after ours gets back, I imagine sometime within the next week.

Last edited:
On Oasis Chops was $39 this week. This is one of those things where your TA should be calling Royal. That's what they are paid for.

In addition, JOhnny Rockets has an upcharge of $5. It is on the same deck as the children's camp and teen area, so before there was an upcharge, kids were coming in and hanging out, and making it hard for other passengers to get a meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter