How much Alcohol to take?

marquislaura

Mouseketeer
Past Cruisers. . . . I know the size of cooler you are allowed to take on board, but just wondering how much alcohol some of you actually took on board. Just wondering, I guess I don't want to be the only person at check-in with a cooler filled.

Past Cruisers. . . . I know the size of cooler you are allowed to take on board, but just wondering how much alcohol some of you actually took on board. Just wondering, I guess I don't want to be the only person at check-in with a cooler filled.

If you bring a cooler, you may be the only one since coolers are not allowed. No coolers, no ice.

You can bring on what you can carry (or wheel in a suitcase). How much would depend on how much you can carry, drink, and how long your cruise is. If you think you'll drink a bottle of wine per day, then you'll need 3 or 4 or 7. Rum? Maybe one bottle.

Nancy

If you bring a cooler, you may be the only one since coolers are not allowed. No coolers, no ice.

You can bring on what you can carry (or wheel in a suitcase). How much would depend on how much you can carry, drink, and how long your cruise is. If you think you'll drink a bottle of wine per day, then you'll need 3 or 4 or 7. Rum? Maybe one bottle.

Nancy

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

I have a soft pink canvas carry-on that is has white cooler lining that are just under these demensions, so I was going to use this.- Do you think I will have a problem with bringing that on?

I understand that I have to carry on glass bottles of wine in a specific sized bag.. but what about canned beer? Can it go in my husbands suitcase?

I understand that I have to carry on glass bottles of wine in a specific sized bag.. but what about canned beer? Can it go in my husbands suitcase?

From DCL's website:

Question
May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

Answer
While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area

At Palo and Remy, a $20 corkage fee will be charged for outside wine and champagne

Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

Also from the DCL website:

Question
What items are not permitted on board?

Answer
In order to maintain a safe and secure environment for our Guests and crew, the following are examples of items that Guests are not allowed to bring on board. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found.
•Large Ice Coolers (Please note: small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12" x 12" x 12" brought onboard for the purpose of housing medications are permitted as carry-on luggage.)

They will take it out, you have to carry it on. On our 10 day cruise we uses a heys carry on pullman, we had a 12 pack of beer, a 26oz of spiced rum, 2 bottles of wine, a vodka and a limoncello we ened up not drinking the vodka and limoncello, we gave it to our room steward.

I'm going on a 14-day cruise... I guess I'll need a couple extra carry-ons.... :thumbsup2

We brought two bottles of crown and several individual little wines and well we got into a bad habit with the drink of the day and really didn't drink much of it at all.

marquislaura said:

We take 4 bottles of wine, completely secured in Bottle Armor from Magellan's in my backpack, which will last us a week. we sometimes bring some small (airline) bottles of rum and Scotch, but lately only just the wine.

I just bought liquor for our cruise today. Most likely we will be taking one bottle each of red and white wine and 2 bottles of rum, each 375 ml (plastic bottles).

I'm thinking with 5 nights and early mornings one bottle of rum should be plenty for me. pirate: I know I'll try the drink of the day too.

Let's see..

750mL Jack Daniels
750mL Vodka
Flask of Captain Morgan
Flask of Jameson
4 splits of Prosecco

Pretty sure we polished off the majority of that during on our 7-night out of Galveston. The flask of CM came home, but that's about it. We also spent most nights in the bars till last(ish) call and got the 7-night wine package. I also bought the beer mug (and got my money's worth!) plus we won another one.

Now, your results may vary. This was for 2 people in their late 20s/early 30s that often go out and drink. Probably a bit much for most people :drinking1

Pro-Tip: Those screw-lid tumblers with the built-in straws are perfect for mixing cocktails on board.

ChloroFiend said:
Pro-Tip: Those screw-lid tumblers with the built-in straws are perfect for mixing cocktails on board.

You are a pro!!!!
We take a whole crate of lager for him and a bottle of Bacardi for me (mix with free Sprite). That's for sail away day .. Next day in port, we'll grab some more. I'm kidding!!

We're on a B2B Med this summer and will be taking the aforementioned lager for him, then our local shop does little sachets of Piña Colada mix .. You just add ice and spiced rum and its boooootiful!! They're £1 each, so that's about $1.55 right now so not cheap, but really nice!!

Oct 2012 My dh and I went on the Dream my daughter got married on the ship. We took 4 5th of captain morgan in the plastic 5ths and was just fine we also took our own bubba kegs as well. Never had a problem with anyof it . We also took a soft side cooler for castaway cay . Then may 2014 we will travel again on the dream and prob bring 6 5th of captain LOLOLOLOL. I packedit in my checked luggae and never had a problem whats so ever:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter