How many visits before purchasing DVC?

Before you purchased DVC how many times had you been to Disney world or Disneyland?

Votes: 9 5.0%

Votes: 14 7.7%

Votes: 13 7.2%
  • 3-5

Votes: 44 24.3%
  • 5-10

Votes: 45 24.9%
  • 10-20

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • More than 20

Votes: 28 15.5%

• Total voters

DVCanadian

Mouseketeer
Before you purchased DVC how many times had you been to Disneyworld or Disneyland?

I’m curious to see what percentage of purchases were starry eyed newbies or experienced guests.

We purchased our first contract after our first visit.

Thanks for responding

Edit: note that the question does not related to staying at any hotels, or DVC hotels. The question is asking about visiting the parks.

Last edited:
I grew up & still live on the west coast, we drove 6 hr.s south to visit DL annually as I was growing up & continued to do an extended family DL multi day stay after my siblings & I had our own kids - so lots of DL visits. Plus all the kids went to college in SoCal, so we’d do college/day visits while they were in school down south.
I started flying cross country to visit WDW as an adult & had been to WDW about 8 or 9 times before I bought DVC.

DVC nonexistent so these don’t count:
DL 1961 & 1963 as a kid, with family
WDW 1976 as a young adult, with sister

WDW with DH & kids (DS, DD)
1994 Ft. Wilderness cabins (took DVC tour)
1995 offsite Marriott timeshare with my parents
1996 BWV Studio
1997 Poly - one room, one bathroom for all 4 of us - bought 2BR points at BWV! And never looked back.

We bought in 1996 when staying at a value. We took a tour of OKW and that was 26 years ago! We still own OKW (2042 & 2057), HHI, SSR, VBR and AKV.

Recently, we bought a Wyndham Bonnet Creek contract for another two weeks in a 1 BR each year. It's never enough!

I didn’t count my two trips as a child since one was in 1993 and the other was in 1997 with my high school team.

With DH and kids:
-2016-Kidani 2 bedroom
-2017-SSR studio and Art of Animation family suite
-2019-All Star Sports and Contemporary

The 2019 trip is when we decided we couldn’t do regular hotel rooms any longer for all 4 of us.

I went as a kid a handful of times but we always stayed in value resorts. I even went to college in FL and didn’t visit Disney once in the 5 years I lived there, I just wasn’t interested . :upsidedow

Fast forward a few years and my best friend was constantly taking her daughter to Disney and would rave about it and I knew I would have to take my son.

So I took my oldest when he was 5 in 2019 and I was hooked lol we stayed at Coronado springs and once they reopened Art of Animation (where the tv literally just plays a DVC promotion on a loop haha) and a few months after that AKL. Staying with cash at AKL made me realize I should have just put the money into a contract instead.

I would definitely consider myself a newbie but I think my family and I will continue to enjoy Disney for a very long time!

I chose 5-10 - I think it was 6

(One of those trips/first time trip was my high school graduation trip. Second was with my sister and a very good friend - might have been a year later). The rest were with my own family. I will go with 4/total of 6).

I have been visiting Walt Disney World for two to three weeks per year, every year (except for two or three) -- and always staying onsite -- since it opened. I have only ever stayed at Disney Deluxe Resort hotels. However, we did not buy in to DVC until Bay Lake Tower opened. As an original Disney World traveler, the MK resort area is my sentimental favorite. And the Grand Floridian became our go-to property when it opened in '88. So from a DVC perspective it took the opening of BLT to make it worth the investment for us to be able to stay in the area we wanted while leveraging the benefits of DVC. We now own at BLT and VGF (2/3 weighted to VGF).

We bought in 1996 when staying at a value. We took a tour of OKW and that was 26 years ago! We still own OKW (2042 & 2057), HHI, SSR, VBR and AKV.

Recently, we bought a Wyndham Bonnet Creek contract for another two weeks in a 1 BR each year. It's never enough!
We bought in after 2 visits in 1998.
We stayed at Bonnet creek last year and thinking about purchasing … I was surprised how nice the resort is and what a great value they offer.

Our first WDW trip was in June 1981. We stayed at the CR. We took a DVC tour while staying at POFQ In 1992. Although it was difficult to resist, we decided to “sleep on it” for a week or so (at home) before we made the decision to buy. No regrets. 😊

We’d gone numerous times but only stayed on-site prior to 1990s. After that I use Hilton points to stay at various Hilton hotels and resorts. In 2009 or 2010 we did a tour of SS and we bought our first contract (160 points at SS) resale. After that, we were able to use those SS points to stay/visit at other resorts - I did buy a few more resale contracts prior to the first set of restrictions - so all my resale points qualify for blue card - but since about 2014 or so - I’ve only bought direct - most due to wanting small contracts with specific UYs.

We bought in after 2 visits in 1998.
We stayed at Bonnet creek last year and thinking about purchasing … I was surprised how nice the resort is and what a great value they offer.
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I think it is a great bargain "ad on" in the WDW area too.

We bought enough points for a 2 week 1 BR stay for $1400 including 2022 member fees. My net cost is $200 since seller paid $1200 2022 fees. I'm not sure people realize it is *almost* on WDW property surrounded on 3 sides and accessible only from WDW property. Neighboring resorts include Ritz Carlton...

With AP's we can park free anyway, so IMO it was a no brainer. We are just waiting for points to load so we can make a reservation for November/December and cancel our Kidani (almost 400 points) and put the points back to bank into 2023. It just made sense to us too!

Ive been to WDW for many years but usually stay 1 month at a time as I am from the UK

But I had never stayed on property. Then I brought direct and resale during the pandemic and now have 3,500 points!
You rock! Whenever DH complains as I bid on another contract, I just mention your name and that seems to do the trick LOL! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!