How many quarters needed for washer & dryer

tlh0726

DIS Veteran
70 days until we leave :yay:
Need to start saving the quarters for both the laundry and pressed pennies tubes instead of throwing them into our Disney jar.

Can someone advise how much it costs for a load of laundry and approx. how much for the drier?

Thanks!

I just bring a couple rolls of quarters, because the ice machine takes quarters too, and I think the arcade games too. I had to buy ice at I believe $2/day. I also washed in two machines then dried in two machines. Then took out and folded everything that was dry, then combined into one machine everything that was still damp for another round in the drier. So the math turned out to be $10 per wash trip for me (and there was only 3 of us, I see from your siggie you'll probably need to budget more)

From the FW info sheet:

Laundry Facilities: The washers are $2, the dryers $2 per 30 minutes.

Also, you should be aware that the washers are quite small compared to a normal size washer at home. I always figure what I can fit in 1 load at home will probably take 2 washers there. Hope that helps!

There are change machines in the laundry rooms if you don't want to lug quarters.

The washers are $2.00/load. Dryers are $2.00/15 minutes. Or....at least that's what it was in the beginning of November. The laundry rooms have change machines - but don't count on them working. Also - the dryers are very large & can accommodate at least 2 washer loads, but be warned - the dryers run very, very hot - even on the perm. press setting. If you don't want any particular items shrunk - air dry them.

There are change machines in the laundry rooms if you don't want to lug quarters.

Seems everytime I try to use a change machine it either keeps spitting my bill back at me or it just ran out :mad:

I am presuming they are top loader machines only.

The way I have been making matching shirts the last week or so I may only end of having to wash some shorts. Maybe I can find a deal on shorts and not do laundry at all :thumbsup2

Wouldnt you think that Disney would install $bill machines on the washers and dryers so we wouldnt have to bring buckets of quarters :confused3

I am presuming they are top loader machines only.

Washers are top loaders.

Wouldnt you think that Disney would install $bill machines on the washers and dryers so we wouldnt have to bring buckets of quarters :confused3

I'm waiting for the card readers to be installed so we can charge that to our KTTW card too. :cool1:

I use the tubes from m&m minis. It will hold about $14 in quarters

Airborne containers hold quarters nicely too.:thumbsup2

The washers are $2.00/load. Dryers are $2.00/15 minutes. Or....at least that's what it was in the beginning of November. The laundry rooms have change machines - but don't count on them working. Also - the dryers are very large & can accommodate at least 2 washer loads, but be warned - the dryers run very, very hot - even on the perm. press setting. If you don't want any particular items shrunk - air dry them.

And, if you have something that is put on with heat on your garment, DON'T PUT IT IN THE DRYERS. It will melt. (examples are any heat transfer you made from home, some screen printing and athletic jerseys)

Please take this from personal experience.:thumbsup2

We spend at least 3 weels in the campground every Dec./January. We have 3 special needs adopted children with us and most years have had 2-3 more foster or adoptive children. (2 of our children passed away in 12/06
and 12/08. We have to wash at least every other day.
We save quarters all year as do all my grandchildren...who sell them to me (they love exchanging the quarters for dollar bills). For the 3 week trip I spend at least $100 for laundry. I keep my quarters in the old film cartridge containers that I have had for years. Yes, you will need them for the ice machines also.
The change machines in the laundry I used this past Dec.
always seemed to be full. It will take $1 and $5 dollar bills but they do have to be in good shape for the machine to read them peoperly.
Of course the granddaughters like to have some saved quarters to buy the pressed pennies from the different machines. They have the coin holder books and have already filled one or two. We ALL collect the Disney Pins
and I can hardly wait each year to see the new Pass Holder pins available only to annual passholders.
O.K. I am ready for the next trip just thinking about it.
December 11 thru January 3rd.
Good Luck and have a ball at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter