how many people can you register for rundisney DVC early registration?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
The star wars dark side DVC early registration opens today. I am planning on signing up myself DH, both DS's (12 yo) and my father in law for the 5k. Does anyone know if i can sign up everyone or is it strictly for only DVC owners. Obviously my kids are not on the deed only DH and myself?

This came up on the RunDisney section. I tried to find the link for you but it was too buried or I'm too impatient.
But the Answer was
You can sign up your "central family" which includes minor children.
So if your FIL lives with you, shares your home address (and has ID to prove it), you can sign him up. Otherwise, no.

Not sure if you already signed up - but I signed up my entire family of 4. All times I open the link from my DVC RunDisney page and then go to active from there. I registered my children using my active account and my DH from his own active account.

I registered my children using my active account and my DH from his own active account.
That is what i ended up doing. It looks like it would let me sign my FIL up if i made him his own active account, but i didn't want to chance them cancelling because he doesn't live with us and he is not a DVC member. I'll just wait until next week when it officially opens. I should be ok -- how quickly does the 5K sell out?

That is what i ended up doing. It looks like it would let me sign my FIL up if i made him his own active account, but i didn't want to chance them cancelling because he doesn't live with us and he is not a DVC member. I'll just wait until next week when it officially opens. I should be ok -- how quickly does the 5K sell out?

Yes, they changed the policy a year or two ago so each adult is supposed to register themselves and if they are not DVC or AP holders then they need to wait for the general registration. RunDisney has said the registration could be cancelled if it was found out they were registered but hadn't qualified to register at that time. Do they check? I don't think anybody knows.

The 10K tends to sell out first but 5K will go relatively quickly. Anyone getting on to register right at noon should be fine for the 5K though. I have some recollection that it was closer to an hour before it started showing signs of filling last year but might have been even longer.

Yes, they changed the policy a year or two ago so each adult is supposed to register themselves and if they are not DVC or AP holders then they need to wait for the general registration.

THere was never any written policy and frankly I don't think there is now. But people started saying that they knew of people who had been cancelled. I've still only read what I would consider to be rumors about it.

THere was never any written policy and frankly I don't think there is now. But people started saying that they knew of people who had been cancelled. I've still only read what I would consider to be rumors about it.

Really? I'm 99% sure I read it from RunDisney. I'll look and see if I can find it when I get a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter