• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Many People Are Going on This Trip? A Feb 2014 PTR - TR Link Posted 2/21!!

I read your update yesterday while I was at work - but didn't have time to respond.

I have to agree with Kathy - so glad you are taking them to AK - I get super annoyed when people think that AK is a zoo... I hope they see that it's nothing like a zoo and enjoy it immensely.

Love how you have the rest of your day all planned out - I think it's an excellent plan - sounds like you have something for everyone. And the food looks delicious - we have never eaten at LeCellier, someday - maybe. :)

D~

I really love the way you have photos to go with your plans! Makes me want to be there right now!!:dance3:

I also am glad you're taking them to AK. I WISH all zoos were like AK! I think your family will be blown away. And I love all your choices. I also love It's Tough to be a Bug. You may want to consider eating lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. They have wonderful food and it opens at 11:00, so you could eat before going to Epcot. We never miss lunch at Flame Tree! But I agree Sunshine Seasons offers a ton of variety.:thumbsup2

Your Epcot day sounds so fun! Grab a times guide when you enter the park and see when the acrobats will be performing in China. They are amazing. Also, one of our favorite street shows is the comedy troupe in England. Hilarious! And LeCellier has always been a "must do" restaurant until they went to all 2 dining credits. BUT, we have reservations there for this trip. Love the mushroom filet! If you ask, they'll bring only the pretzel bread instead of all the other types. I know your family will enjoy it. And those gardens are so beautiful!

Don't worry about the place being closed when you get out. They stay open until about an hour after Illuminations. I've heard that while Illuminations is going on, you can practically walk onto Soarin'. Don't know this from personal experience, just read it on here once.;)

The plan looks AMAZING!!! i would love to tour this with you!! Looks awesome!

one day we will go to Le Cellier!!! i vow to...

Thanks! You definitely need to give Le Cellier a try!

I'm so glad you are taking them to Animal Kingdom which is NOT a zoo. It really bothers me when that's all people think it is and don't give it a chance.

I know, I'm on a mission now to prove to them that it's not just a zoo!

I think your plans for the AK morning sound great. Epcot sounds good too. Who doesn't love a ride on Soarin' and Living with the Land?

I'll take the soup and the bread from LeCellier, please. :)

I'm not a big fan of the soup, like the flavor but it is too "chunky" for me. :rotfl: Now the pretzel bread I think I could live on.

This sounds like a good plan! I'm glad you convinced Bob & Pat to check out AK for a little. Sounds like you'll also get to do a lot in Epcot. Dinner at Le Cellier, YUM!

I'm glad I convinced them too! I can't wait for the Le Cellier dinner.

Sounds like great plans for a park hopping day. Here's hoping that AK is more than "just a zoo".

I hope they think so too!

I read your update yesterday while I was at work - but didn't have time to respond.

I have to agree with Kathy - so glad you are taking them to AK - I get super annoyed when people think that AK is a zoo... I hope they see that it's nothing like a zoo and enjoy it immensely.

Me too!

Love how you have the rest of your day all planned out - I think it's an excellent plan - sounds like you have something for everyone. And the food looks delicious - we have never eaten at LeCellier, someday - maybe. :)

D~

I really need to have the days planned out pretty well since we will have such small amounts of time at each park.

I really love the way you have photos to go with your plans! Makes me want to be there right now!!:dance3:

Thanks, I have taken tons of pictures on my last three trips so it's nice to share them again!

I also am glad you're taking them to AK. I WISH all zoos were like AK! I think your family will be blown away. And I love all your choices. I also love It's Tough to be a Bug. You may want to consider eating lunch at Flame Tree BBQ. They have wonderful food and it opens at 11:00, so you could eat before going to Epcot. We never miss lunch at Flame Tree! But I agree Sunshine Seasons offers a ton of variety.:thumbsup2

I LOVE Flametree! I don't think we'll eat there though because we did so in 2010 and John and Jocelyn want to try need places.

Your Epcot day sounds so fun! Grab a times guide when you enter the park and see when the acrobats will be performing in China. They are amazing. Also, one of our favorite street shows is the comedy troupe in England. Hilarious! And LeCellier has always been a "must do" restaurant until they went to all 2 dining credits. BUT, we have reservations there for this trip. Love the mushroom filet! If you ask, they'll bring only the pretzel bread instead of all the other types. I know your family will enjoy it. And those gardens are so beautiful!

I hope we have some time for some of the enterainment in WS. The 2 credit thing worked out perfectly for us since we won't be eating a sit down meal on the wedding day.

Don't worry about the place being closed when you get out. They stay open until about an hour after Illuminations. I've heard that while Illuminations is going on, you can practically walk onto Soarin'. Don't know this from personal experience, just read it on here once.;)

I'm not too worried, I've been in most of the parks after closing. I like to mosey through the stores so the crowds are all gone by the time I get to the buses.

One thing I forgot to mention in the previous post is that my DH, Jim, will be arriving at WDW around 5 pm on Sunday night. He will not be joining us at Epcot but may go to DTD for dinner and shopping at the Lego store and Pin store. I booked him his own room at All Star Sports resort since I didn’t think he would be comfortable sharing a room with his MIL.

Monday, February 10th is the day of Morgan and Steve’s wedding. When I was doing our schedule I tried every which way to fit some park time in but ended up deciding it wasn’t worth the cost to buy a ticket for the day. At most we might have gotten three hours in a park.

Instead we will be taking our time during the morning. I’m sure John & Jocelyn will sleep in. Mom, Jim and I will probably have a leisurely breakfast and maybe spend some time exploring the resort.

Here’s my dress for the wedding. I sure hope it’s warmer that day! I do have a little sweater to take with me but I will be watching the weather forecast very closely.

I found this cute purse on Ebay and just had to get it to go with my dress. I wanted to have just a little bit of Disney with my outfit.

I have two different plans for lunch on this day depending on the weather. If it’s a really nice day, my group of 6 plus Jim will get dressed for the wedding and head out to the bus stop around 11 am. Morgan decided not to provide transportation to the wedding so we will be hopping on a bus to Hollywood Studios and then boarding a boat to the Boardwalk.

I want us to have lunch at the Boardwalk Bakery and spend some time exploring the Boardwalk but if it’s really cold or rainy, we will just have lunch at the resort and leave for the wedding closer to 1 pm.

For any wedding stalkers out there :rotfl:, the ceremony starts at 2:30 pm and is at Seabreeze Point between the Boardwalk and Beach Club. I’m pretty sure that it will be moved indoors somewhere if it’s raining.

The reception was supposed to be at the St. James room at the Boardwalk. Morgan really wanted to have it at the Atlantic Dance Hall but it was a little bit out of her price range. But Disney ended up needing the St. James room for something else so they moved the reception to the Atlantic Dance Hall at no additional charge!

I am very excited to get to see the Atlantic Dance Hall since I’ve never been in it before. I plan on taking tons of pictures of both the ceremony and the reception so I can share with all my readers.

What we do after the wedding is totally up in the air as I have no idea what time the reception ends. We talked about Jellyrolls but I don’t think my group will be very interested since there is a $12 cover charge per person. Maybe we will head to DTD for a few hours or just back to the resort for an early night.

Up next: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 Magic Kingdom

I love your outfit and that bag is just gorgeous. I'm sure you'll look lovely wearing it all.

Sounds like a great wedding and reception coming up. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Love, love, love the dress - that would be the perfect AK dress too! You must PM me where you found it.

Love the bag - the perfect compliment to your dress!

And how awesome that she ended up with the reception location that she wanted in the first place... THat's some very nice pixie dust for her! WHOOT!

Cannot wait for your TR for this trip - it will be so much fun!

D~

gorgeous dress!!! Twist their arms for Jellyrolls--that was the best $12 I ever spent ;) So much fun!!!!

LOVE your dress and the purse! :goodvibes

Atlantic Dance Hall looks really nice, can't wait to see pictures. And hopefully there will be no rain on wedding day!

Oh man, I have fallen behind AGAIN! :sad2: I am so glad you have talked you aunt and uncle into giving AK a shot. It so SO MUCH more than a zoo! :goodvibes Love your dress and purse for the wedding!

And I have to say it... I love Sunshine Seasons!!!! :goodvibes

I LOVE the dress!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to look amazing!

how exciting! i cannot wait to see the pictures of the wedding!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

This is all going to be gorgeous! Plus i have never read a friends report and a DISNEY WEDDING!!

I love your outfit and that bag is just gorgeous. I'm sure you'll look lovely wearing it all.

Sounds like a great wedding and reception coming up. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Thanks, I was very pleased when I found both the dress and the purse!

Love, love, love the dress - that would be the perfect AK dress too! You must PM me where you found it.

Love the bag - the perfect compliment to your dress!

And how awesome that she ended up with the reception location that she wanted in the first place... THat's some very nice pixie dust for her! WHOOT!

Cannot wait for your TR for this trip - it will be so much fun!

D~

I sent you a PM on the dress. I was so excited for Morgan when she found out they were moving her to the Altantic Dance Hall. The St. James room is nice but nothing really special.

gorgeous dress!!! Twist their arms for Jellyrolls--that was the best $12 I ever spent ;) So much fun!!!!

Thanks! I'll see what I can do about Jellyrolls!

LOVE your dress and the purse! :goodvibes

Atlantic Dance Hall looks really nice, can't wait to see pictures. And hopefully there will be no rain on wedding day!

Thanks, I am very pleased with them! I've got fingers and toes crossed for Morgan that it is a beautiful day!

Oh man, I have fallen behind AGAIN! :sad2: I am so glad you have talked you aunt and uncle into giving AK a shot. It so SO MUCH more than a zoo! :goodvibes Love your dress and purse for the wedding!

And I have to say it... I love Sunshine Seasons!!!! :goodvibes

No worries about being behind, I just got caught up again too! I get behind every weekend because I'm always too busy to get on the DIS.

I'm glad I talked them into it too! I think it will be worth it just for EE because they like coasters.

I love Sunshine Seasons too! I hope we do end up eating there.

I LOVE the dress!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to look amazing!

how exciting! i cannot wait to see the pictures of the wedding!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

This is all going to be gorgeous! Plus i have never read a friends report and a DISNEY WEDDING!!

Thanks, I love that dress! I am very excited to see and report about the wedding too!

On Tuesday, February 11, we will finally be heading to my happy place Magic Kingdom! I really hate that it will be 3 days before I get to see my castle but there was no way I could really work it in earlier in the week.

Once again, Jim will not be joining us. His flight home is at 10:30 am so he will be catching a DME bus around 7:30 am. I have no idea what Morgan and her group are doing on this day.

I’m going to try to push us to make rope drop again now that you can only have 3 FP+. Also, Bob and Pat fly out at 7:00 pm so they will only be with us till about 2:30 pm before they need to leave to catch DME.

If we get there before opening, we will watch the welcome show and then head straight to Fantasyland and get in line for Peter Pan before it gets too long.

Next we will head to check out the NFL area and use our first FP+ for Little Mermaid from 9 am – 10 am. Once again I’m not sure if we will need the FP+ for this ride but only Mom and I have ridden the new ride. We wanted to be certain that everyone gets to experience it. Mom and I spent a long time deciding on the three FP+ for this day.

After LM we will finish up a few more rides in FL. I’m hoping to get Dumbo and Small World in before we move on. It really will depend on lines because I want to get Bob and Pat on as many of the popular rides as possible before they have to leave.

We will then head to Liberty Square for a spin through the Haunted Mansion.

When we finish with the Haunted Mansion I know John will try to drag us towards his favorite attraction, Hall of Presidents, but it should be time for our next FP+ for BTMR 10 am – 11 am. Can you believe in my last 3 trips, this is the only picture I have from BTMR?

Since Splash Mountain is closed while we are there, we will move onto Adventureland after BTMR. Pirates is a must do and hopefully the Jungle Cruise if the line is not too long.

Next it will be time to get some lunch. I don’t have a place picked and it will be up to John and Jocelyn to decide. They want to try all new places so Columbia Harbor House and Casey’s are out since we ate at those two in 2010. Well Casey’s isn’t an option no matter what because it’s closed while we are there. I have a feeling we will end up at Peco Bills or Cosmic Rays.

Our last FP+ is for 1 pm to 2 pm and is for Space Mountain. Hopefully no one gets sick on rides right after eating! Strangely enough, my motion sickness issues are worse when I have an empty stomach.

After SM, it will probably be time for Bob and Pat to head out. If there is still a little bit of time, maybe they can join us for Buzz Lightyear or Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor.

After Bob & Pat leave, we will head counter clockwise back around the park, hitting up any ride or show that we missed and that John & Jocelyn want to see. I know for sure we will do Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents, two of my brother’s favorites. We won’t be riding the TTA because it’s also closed for renovation. I thought John was going to cry when I told him that one.

Maybe I can talk them into the Tiki Room or Country Bear Jamboree if we have time.

We will need to be back in NFL by 5:15 pm so we can check in for our 5:30 pm ADR for one of my favorites, Be Our Guest. I’ve talked non-stop about how amazing BOG is and Mom, John and Jocelyn are really looking forward to trying it. I hope it lives up to the hype I’ve built!

I don’t know if I will get the chicken dish I did last time or if I will try something new.

I will be having one of these.

John has said to me several times that he wants to do everything he missed in 2010 and also all the new stuff, so I’m thinking that after dinner/during Wishes might be a good time to find a shorter line for Enchanted Tales With Belle. My family does not like fireworks shows so I seriously doubt they will want to see Wishes. I’m hoping I can time waiting in line for ETWB with Wishes so I’ll at least get to see some of the show from NFL.

MK is open till 11 pm this night but I doubt we will stay that late. We have another long day coming up on Wednesday.

Up Next: Wednesday February 12th, 2014 AK & HS

I'll be praying for great weather for the wedding. We're going to be at Epcot on wedding day. I'll be thinking of you all.

I also love the dress and purse. Make sure someone takes a picture of you wearing them so we can see how gorgeous you looked.

Be Our Guest is my new favorite restaurant. I just love the atmosphere they were able to create. I had the steak and it was so tender I could cut it with a fork! Dan had salmon and loved it. They have lots of great choices. We're eating there, but our reservation is 9PM. I'll try to get seated earlier than that. Last trip we had a 9PM and i think we got in around 8:15 or so. I love to see the fireworks!! Have they ever seen Disney fireworks?? Oh well, to each his own. I'm sad that Splash and TTA will be down while we're there as well. I think our granddaughter would have loved both.

I just love you plans so far. You are going to have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see what's in store for your next day...

YAY for finally getting to MK! Your plan sounds good! BOG will definitely live up to the hype you've given it ;) Sounds like it will be a great day :thumbsup2

All the plans sound so wonderful ..you asked about Indiana Jones theater closing as far as I know only on the 8th and one other day prior that week ( cheerleaders ) you also mentioned DHS & having to cancel or reschedule your ADR..I forget which...yep all about the Cheerleaders again

re: Up Next: Wednesday February 12th, 2014 AK & HS

Hoping to meet up with you there for a quick hug and to hand off your new Pluto
:woohoo:

Dress is gorgeous ! Hi to Jim and the furbabies

oooooooh, a Disney wedding!!! Yes, lots of pics please!!!

wow, this trip seems like a whirlwind!! I can't wait to hear about it. Not long now:cool1:

Ariana, I LOVE the dress for the wedding...it's stunning. I hope it warms up for you so that you don't need the sweater. :thumbsup2 yes on being moved to the Dance Hall for no extra cost for the wedding reception. :)

I love your MK day plans; they sound great. We are going to do lunch at BOG in September and give dinner a rest. We've done it three times now, and we just need a break.

Great plans for MK. And I'm envious that you got a BoG ADR. I didn't get one on my last trip. Enjoy!

Stumbled upon your PTR tonight! I can't wait to get caught up and read all about it! And of course... I can't wait for the TR because you can't leave us hanging with no pics of the Disney dream wedding! :) What a great trip!

I'll be praying for great weather for the wedding. We're going to be at Epcot on wedding day. I'll be thinking of you all.

I do hope the weather is nice! That's cool that you will be right there in Epcot. You could always sneak out the International Gate and get a peek at the wedding. :rotfl:

I also love the dress and purse. Make sure someone takes a picture of you wearing them so we can see how gorgeous you looked.

I hope to get some nice family photos since we will all be there!

Be Our Guest is my new favorite restaurant. I just love the atmosphere they were able to create. I had the steak and it was so tender I could cut it with a fork! Dan had salmon and loved it. They have lots of great choices. We're eating there, but our reservation is 9PM. I'll try to get seated earlier than that. Last trip we had a 9PM and i think we got in around 8:15 or so. I love to see the fireworks!! Have they ever seen Disney fireworks?? Oh well, to each his own. I'm sad that Splash and TTA will be down while we're there as well. I think our granddaughter would have loved both.

I love BOG too! This will be my third trip in a row eating dinner there. They have not seen Wishes but they absolutely hated Illuminations when we saw it in 2010. I doubt I could talk them into Wishes but I will try.

I just love you plans so far. You are going to have a wonderful time. Can't wait to see what's in store for your next day...

Next day coming up.......

YAY for finally getting to MK! Your plan sounds good! BOG will definitely live up to the hype you've given it ;) Sounds like it will be a great day :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to see my castle! It will be interesting to see how everything works out now that regular FPs are no longer an option.

All the plans sound so wonderful ..you asked about Indiana Jones theater closing as far as I know only on the 8th and one other day prior that week ( cheerleaders ) you also mentioned DHS & having to cancel or reschedule your ADR..I forget which...yep all about the Cheerleaders again

Ok, I'll have to play it by ear. I've read two different things, that it will be closed on the 1st and 2nd and that it will be closed on the 2nd and 8th. I don't think my family will be too disappointed if we miss it.

re: Up Next: Wednesday February 12th, 2014 AK & HS

Hoping to meet up with you there for a quick hug and to hand off your new Pluto
:woohoo:

I hope we can work something out!

Dress is gorgeous ! Hi to Jim and the furbabies

Thanks, hi back to your gang!

oooooooh, a Disney wedding!!! Yes, lots of pics please!!!

wow, this trip seems like a whirlwind!! I can't wait to hear about it. Not long now:cool1:

There will be lots of pictures! It is going to be quite the crazy trip. Luckily the last few days will be just me and Mom and we will be able to slow down a bit.

Ariana, I LOVE the dress for the wedding...it's stunning. I hope it warms up for you so that you don't need the sweater. :thumbsup2 yes on being moved to the Dance Hall for no extra cost for the wedding reception. :)

Thanks! I do hope it gets warmer although it hasn't been terrible down there, only a few cold days.

I love your MK day plans; they sound great. We are going to do lunch at BOG in September and give dinner a rest. We've done it three times now, and we just need a break.

I need to do the lunch sometime too! This trip will be my third time at BOG so I think next trip I will give it a rest.

Great plans for MK. And I'm envious that you got a BoG ADR. I didn't get one on my last trip. Enjoy!

I was up at 6 am on our ADR day and made that one first. Still, 5:30 pm was the lastest time available, I really wanted to make the ressie for sometime between 6 and 7. You almost have to make it online because the call in time doesn't start till 7 am.

Stumbled upon your PTR tonight! I can't wait to get caught up and read all about it! And of course... I can't wait for the TR because you can't leave us hanging with no pics of the Disney dream wedding! :) What a great trip!

:welcome: Don't worry, there will be lots of pictures, I took over 1600 my last trip! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter