How many of you stayed on-sight and didn't get hooked on staying on-sight?

AZ4WDW wrote:
>>> I have even tried talking him into DVC. Or Marriott time share ownership. We will see what happens.

Please feel free to write me if you have questions about moderately priced Marriott ownership. :) The Marriott resorts are great and they offer exciting locations. Here's their web site - check out the great destinations! Owner priority when trading internally through Interval Int'l (II) is easy and opens many wonderful possibilities. :D

Marriott Resorts by Alphabetical Listing

Marriott Vacation Club home page

The Orlando resorts are beautiful, but not necessarily the best value to purchase. Trading power is fair for Orlando (overbuilt with timeshares) so getting a week from a better location and trading in may be a better choice, depending on your situation.

If you are currently renting nightly stays directly from Marriott, you could actually own a week instead and break even within just a couple of trips. After that, you'll only pay for annual expenses, $550 - $700 per week total, to stay in the same place! If you travel outside major holidays, you'd also be able (as an II member) to add more weeks with II's getaways for another $325 - $550. Just adding rental nights, as a Marriott owner, are at a discount as well. I know you didn't ask specifically for all this info, AZ4WDW. If you have questions, though, feel free to write! :)

Lisa,

Thank you for your response and your information on Marriott Time share. My parents have been members for years and we have stayed all over the country in their time-shares they are wonderful.

We are big Marriott fans, in fact even our credit cards our Marriott so we can get the points! My husband stays there when he can when he travels on business.

You don't need to sell me on Marriott timeshare ownership, just my husband on the value of it! ;)
You would think after this coming November which will be our 6th stay the past few years in Orlando that he would buy. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks again for your advice and willigness to sahre what you know about the Marriott! :)

OK, I'll admit that after many trips off site I had a severe case on "on-site" envy! We had always vacationed with a fairly large family group, kids, grandparents, etc and therefor always opted for condo/villa/suite resorts.(Our favorites are the Marriot properties-Royal Palms, Cypress Harbour, Grand Vista).
One year we stayed 2 nights at the Beach Club, and I was sooooo excited! Well...........it was ...nice. Just nice, not fabulous, just very nice. But after having to turn out the lights and go to bed at 9pm so ny kids could sleep I began to long for my villa with a living room, seperate bedroom, where I could relax, watch tv, etc while the kids slept in their room.

Now since then we've stayed on site again because the resorts are truly very nice, pools are fun, service is good, location and disney transportation is so convenient. But when we also enjoy staying off site for the convenience of the villas(I can not bear to pay the cost of a 2 bdrm at the Boardwalk!!).
My suggestion for getting the onsite experience while staying offsite is to plan a few meals at the resorts. We often do meals at the Disney resorts, then stroll around and soak up the atmosphere. I've sat on the beach at the Poly and watched the fireworks at the MK after a meal at Ohanas which was so lovely! I've "lounged" in the WL lobby, listened to the piano at the GF lobby,had a snack at Beaches and Cream, etc, etc.Then we collect our car from the valet and drive the 10 mins or so to our beautiful condo.

Don't stress about being offsite. If you have small kids,to me it is the best way to go.

Dot
dot01.gif

Great advice on trying meals at the resorts. We also have done that and have enjoyed our visits to the resorts.

I agree with you that nothing compares to a villa and their is nothing like relaxing at the end of the day with your kids in their bedrooms and you in yours! :)

Thanks everyone for replying! :) When we stayed at Doubletree Suites in DD, it was great! It was so nice to have lots of space! My husband slept on the sofa bed in the living room and mmy kids 2 and 4 and I slept in the King size bed. My husband was able to watch his TV and we were able to watch ours! Plus there's a TV in the bathroom too! We liked the kitchenette. The rate was $115 last year in Sept. I thought that was a pretty good price!

We are getting a great rate at disney moderate and disney value resort, that we are staying on-sight. We are planning to take the bus there, so we will not have any trasportation around so we are staying on-sight and depend soley on disney transportation.

Non of my family has stayed on-sight, and they have no desire to ever stay on-sight.

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>
mickey16.gif

<font color=red> ASMovies 9/00</font>
<font color=blue>ASMovies? or PO-FQ? or CSR? 9/01</font>
asmlogo.gif

We have stayed onsite for most of the time every year for the past 7. The first year, we tried 2 nights off site and hated it. Then for a few years only stayed onsite. However, for the past few, we have ventured off site longer and longer because of all the new "suites" accommodations. Yes, we've stayed at the DVC properties many times but had decided not to purchase because of all the deals being offered everywhere in Orlando! Once we have gotten used to having a suite, it's hard to stay in a small Disney room-even though we are still splitting the time between both on and off site. I can see a time when we will stay conpletely offsite because the nice properties are getting better and better and the Disney prices are getting way too high-why else would they be discounting now

We used to stay onsite but have now started staying off site. I like a suite and the Disney rooms are too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter