How many more days until your Disney cruise - Part 3

Wow! That is getting close!! Fingers crossed for you (if you do want it to go).
Do you (or anyone else around here) know how much time they need in advance to get ships staffed and test cruises sailed? Do you know if you’re getting down to the wire? Like I said, I’m hoping for you!!! 🤞We don’t sail until this summer but probably not until next year. 😏
Other cruise lines have come out with their plans but none of the ships that port in the US have actually tested their systems per the CDC current mandates. Estimates (or guesses) run about 90+ days once the cruise line has all their crew on board, finds passengers to sail the test, and gets the go-ahead to start the testing process.

The terms of the DCL contract (@bobbiwoz post) lay it all on the passenger, of which I am currently not pleased.
If the threshold is reached (whatever that number is) the ship must turn back to a port for disembarkment and/or quarantine. No mention of refunds and you are on your own figuring out how to get home or do something for the remaining time (a 7-night cruise leaves port late Saturday afternoon. Monday morning testing reveals Covid19 positive case(s) and reaches the threshold. The ship turns around and disembarked everyone by early Tuesday morning). Now what?

We really want to sail but we don't want to be holding the bag considering the money/points invested in the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!