How many Minnesota DVCs out there? I know of a few...

dianeschlicht

<font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
I know I have run into a few Minnesota DVC members along the way, but how many of us are there on this board? I would expect quite a few of us "Minnesnowtans" would like to get away to Disney now and then!!

Just log in and let me know if you are a Disney and DVC nut too! :D

Disneydiane

We're from MN.

Children are like phonecalls - they always come in pairs.

We're DVC newbies, just closing last October and making our first DVC trip to BWV this May. We are so excited.

My entire family (DH and DD) are all Disney nuts (though not to the extreme that I am! :D ), and have visited WDW many, many times. But we are sooooo looking forward to this next trip!

We just bought in last October (to BWV) too, and had our first visit as DVC members at OKW last month. Doing 5 nights next December at 'home'for my birthday, then 3 nights the following March at the Grand Californian for my partner's birthday. Really looking forward to both trips!!

'We're all here because we're not all there!'
Bucky LaRue

Disneyland 1956,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,70,75,77,78,84,86,89,99
WDW 79,81,83,91,92,94,95,96(3x),97,98,99,00

You will learn to start taking longer trips though! We took a 10 night trip in Dec. and loved the liesurly time in the parks. The only thing I would have done differently, was have our guests at the beginning of the trip instead of the end! They had us going like commandos the last few days! :eek:

Disneydiane

*waving arms wildly about*

Me Me Me Me.....well US us us us us ..........DH and I bought a year ago and have been to the World twice with DVC.

Nice to meet other Minnesotan DVCers!

I KNOW there's at least ONE more out there from MN.

Well, we have 4 checked in now, but I know we have more! :D

Disneydiane

My husband and I bought into DVC in December, 1999 (and I wish we would have done it a long time ago, too). So far, I've been twice on points and my husband once. I went for a too short long weekend with my DSIL in a studio. My DH & I took our DD and my parents just a few weeks ago. Wish we were still there - that 2 Bdrm was heavenly.

CarolMN

Were you at OKW or BWV? We are OKW members, and have not yet stayed at any other DVC resorts. Love those OKW points!!!! :D

Disneydiane

... but DH is not a "native". We bought BWV in March of 1999 and have added on both OKW and BWV points since then. We stayed at OKW for a week this past December and are headed to Vero, DCL, and BWV in a little over a week. :D Our first trip to Vero and first DCL cruise and all of it on points! Buying DVC was a wonderful thing - we need to use up our points so it is a great reason to escape the cold and snow! Amazing how the number of trips to Florida has increased since we bought DVC, especially when it is cold. I actually love to stay here in the summer!!

There are LOTS of MN DISers - the Community board had a MN survey a couple months ago and lots of people responded. Not sure how many MN DVC members frequent this board, but I know that I've seen more than 4 or 5!

We're also from MN. We bought 150 points at OKW in 1998 and 150 more at BWV in 2000. We leave for out next trip Feb. 28th, 12 days in a 1 bdrm at BWV. Can't wait!!!

1985 Off-site
1997 All Star Music
1998 All Star Music
1999 Boardwalk
2000 Old Key West
2001 Boardwalk

More Minnesotans here. We bought 220 OKW points in 1998. We just got back from a Disney vacation using points where we stayed four days at OKW,took a three day Disney cruise, and then spent one night at HH before driving to Atlanta for flight home. We have found it is much cheaper to fly in to Atlanta than Orlando and car rental is cheaper in Atlanta as well, so we we do this on occasion. Prior to this last trip we have had a grand villa at OKW once and been to HH twice. We are tentatively planning an adults only Disney trip with a few of our friends as guests in October of this year. So far we have only taken our trips in the winter to escape the cold and snow, but DD is getting to old to take out of school for trips so future trips with kids are going to have to be in summer or during spring break(so requiring more points). What a great deal this DVC is!!!

Stay warm fellow Minnesotans!

I remember signing up when they said there were only 13 families from Minnesota. I wonder what the total is now? We originally bought 230 from OKW and recently added on with Hilton Head. We alson live South of the River near Prior Lake.

I can't believe it was colder in Florida on New Years Eve than it was in Minnesota????

Hi, Diane - We're BWV DVC'rs. I am looking forward to trying OKW in the future. Love the idea of a peaceful place to "wind down" after a busy day in the parks. But also love being able to walk to MGM and EPCOT and not having to hassle with renting a car - all those extra "fees and taxes" make me crazy! Want to try VB & HHI sometime, too. Still thinking about VWL - they look very nice, but we spend most of our time at EPCOT and MGM. Hope you have a good time in Hawaii!

Carol

My wife and I just baught into BW three months ago, and have our first stay planned in May.

Some more Minnesotans here (can you tell from my name?). We started going to WDW each year in 1986 (when we were in Wisconsin, our native state). We bought in to OKW in March of 1993..

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Count us among the Minnesota DVC'ers! We bought the minimum number of points at BWV in December 98 and have added on twice. We've made 3 trips to the World in the last year, so it'll be another year before we can go back. :( We brought friends and family with each time. It is so much fun to share our DVC with everyone. But since they were all Disney newbies, we were kind of in commando mode! Our next trip will just be the two of us, so will be more relaxed.
It's fun to hear from all the other Minnesotans! Anyone else from "up North"

Some of you live VERY close to me. OKWmeister, send me an email at <daire@doglover.com>. I think you are a very close neighbor!

I envey those of you who are going yet this year. We took 3 trips in 2000 (29 days), but borrowd points from 2001 for Hawaii, so we wont get to go until January 2002 now :( I am having withdrawal big time!! :eek: We have friends who just bought a resale at OKW after they traveled with us last year. We plan to do some combinations with them again, so both our points will stretch. :D

Welcome all, hope some more check in! :) ºoº

Disneydiane

We joined in October and will be taking our first DVC visit in three weeks!

Clark Averill

DxL 95
DL 97
Off-Site 98-Courtyard/DD
DxL 00
Joined DVC - Sept 00
BWV - Feb 01

I'm glad to see the MN members aren't all clustered around the big metro area. Let's keep signing in!! :)

Disneydiane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter