How many if you DVC members took advantage of the $399 premium annual pass?

We bought ours earlier this month. Unfortunately, our last AP expired on 12/4 for DW and I, but our trip didn't expire until 12/9! SO . . . we bought new PAP's for DW and I and a PAP voucher for DS6 for our summer trip in 2013 (his current AP goes until Jan). I'll only get about 14 days out of the PAP, which still seems like a good use of the pass. DW has a meeting near WDW in March, so she may get a couple more days. DS6 will only get 10 days on the PAP. Hopefully we will hit the water parks a couple of days next summer, so it still should be worth it.

I am still considering scheduling our 2014 trip early enough in the summer to get one more trip out of DS6's AP; but I'll have to play with the math a little more to know for sure if that is the thing to do, or if we should just schedule a late summer 2014 trip, buy 3 AP's, and get two 10 day trips out of them between 2014 and mid-summer 2015.:scratchin

I bought 6 PAPs when we arrived at WDW on Dec. 1. I was going to purchase 6 more before 12/31/12 to use next year but changed my mind once the 20% discount was reduced to 10%.

But the cost of these is *less* than the DVC price for the normal DVC AP. Assuming you will still be going, still be getting APs for the admission (which is the ONLY thing I buy an AP for...everything else is the cherry on top), aren't you costing yourself more money in the long run?

But maybe you've just decided to go with tickets. We looked at the tickets we would need for the trip, and they were *so close* to the cost of this special that we realized we would be silly to not take advantage. And instead of the *one* trip, we'd get at least another one inside the 366 days!

We just bought our 2 also. Just in the nick of time. I too looked at the price of regular tickets and realized it was silly not to get the pass. I'm trying to get 3 trips out of it. We might also upgrade to Premiere with these, but we'll see how the math works out by then. We're not activating these until NEXT Dec!!

We bought 4 of them to be activated this October! Hoping for 3 trips using them.

Our APs expired in December, so we bought the PAPs. We chose not to buy ahead for next year's renewal.

Bought two onsite last month for MVMCP adults-only trip. Ordered vouchers for the kids last week.

With EE 5K in May, I'll get four trips out of mine in the year, DH will get three and the kids will get an extended summer trip (10 days). These APs cost the same as comparable 5-day passes for next summer. Crazy not to do it in our case!

Got mine on Friday for marathon weekend. Think it is only about $80 more than the 5 day ticket through Undercover Tourist. Hopefully I will get in another trip before end of the year.

Bought four last week. Won't activate them until November 2013. Will get at least two trips out of them and maybe three! :)

Just bought 4 yesterday at 5pm. Finally pulled the trigger. We have a 2014 summer trip planned. We were just there in November and did the MVMCP. It was soo much fun with the kids, that with the pass deal, we figure we'll take a 3 day weekend and do the MVMCP again next December, and then have the passes for our summer trip in 2014, and we'll actually go to a Disney Waterpark. Never been to one.

Have seen a lot of crying about that reduction in discount from 20 to 10% Those people aren't saying what a great deal it still was to buy at 399.00

Traded in our AP vouchers in December for the PAPs, then bought 2 more to activate Dec 2013.

Yesterday we upgraded MYW tickets for our family to the Premium APs. It was a no brainer since we were already planning to get DVC APs prior to the deal being announced. The 20% discount we received yesterday was nice, but the change back to 10% does not bother me. It is not why we purchased them, and we are not big shoppers anyway.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Bought 2--one for DH and one for me. Activating this month!

Love the price and like it better than the 20% because I do not find a lot of stuff to buy anyway.
I think if Disney wants to sell more merchandise they need to offer a better selection.

We bought 2 - were going to buy 4, but money was a little tight. Even without 20% discount, $399 for PAP beats $425 for an AP.

Have seen a lot of crying about that reduction in discount from 20 to 10% Those people aren't saying what a great deal it still was to buy at 399.00

Regular AP $425
Premium $399

Hmmm..... I fail to see why it's not still a good deal. Oh wait, I won't get a discount on stuff I don't need.... Hmm... (Sorry Disney but I am a middle aged woman. T shirts should NOT show off my 'assests' I am not trying to pick up hormone raging 14 year old boys!)

We bought DVC AP's in July 2012, before the PAP promotion was announced.

We upgraded them on Dec. 22 to PAP's at Magic Kingdom. At first, the CM said we couldn't, but I asked her to check with a manager and the manager said we could do the upgrade because we bought them before the promotion was announced and before the deadline of Dec. 31.

We spent Christmas Day at an almost empty Blizzard Beach! :cool1:

We also spent a few hours at DQ one day too. :goodvibes

However, Disney is SO smart because now we are thinking of adding in 2 more trips before July so we can "make use" of them a few more times. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter