How many going the last week of April?

2princessintraining

Mouseketeer
Is is Spring Break for anyone else?

Where are you staying??

We are going April 22- April 30th...girls missing one day of school to start our vacation early. :cheer2:

We usually go at the end of April into early May to avoid spring breakers. What state do you live in? Anyone else have spring break late like that?

That is the time of year we go every year. That is until last year, the crowds were bigger than any previous year. We found out that the whole east coast is off for some kind of break. Wait times went from 10 -15 minutes the previous years, to 35-65 minutes last year. Last year was our first time ever using fast pass. It was a life saver! Our friends went 2 weeks after us and said the parks were low to moderate levels. We are opting to go May 8th - 14th this year. I am hoping for the low to moderate crowd :flower:

We live in New York...Long Island. Spring Break for MOST of the school districts here, but some do not have the full week off, like ours does.

We did Vero Beach last year the 1st week of May (Hubby's college is inbetween semseters thens) The weather was great. We thought, lets do the same thing this year. Turns out our trip is April 29 to May 7th. I didn't know about the whole May 5th thing when we planned it. I am a little worried about crowds. We will be at WDW April 29 to May 3 and then then heading to VB for May 3rd to the 7th. I hope we avoid the crowds this way.

Add us to the list of NY metro people for the last week of April. We are going April 23-May 2.Sounds like we could have a little meet sometime during the week.

:wave: :wave:

My son (13) and I will be there April 22-30. We're staying at Pop Century. This will be our second Spring Break trip. Last year we were there the week before Easter.

I'm sure the parks will be crowded this April, but not like last year.

It looks like my son will miss the last day of school before the break. I hope we'll be able to get his homework in advance. If he has as much homework during Spring Break as he just did over Christmas break, we're going to have a major problem. :guilty:

I was going to buy our tickets this week, but I think I'm going to wait and see what type of prices Delta will offer next week. :moped:

I have been following crowds and crowd trends. It used to be you could pin point specific weeks for low crowds. However, that has become increasingly difficult to almost impossible. WDW has become more and more popular over the past 20 years to the point where no matter what week you go it is going to be busy.

My suggestion would be to pick a week and just stick with it. The crowds are going to fluctuate a bit, but not enough to reschedule your vacation.
I would also add with the new EMH program you can get 3 hours extra after the scheduled park closing every other night at specific parks. See the schedule on most Disney sites. This is a big advantage for staying on-site. Crowds during the EMH, especially in the evenings will be a huge advantage. Crowds should be very managable during the early morning extra hour and the after hours schedule (3 Hours).
ADP :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!