How many days at TDR and DisneySea

Theta

DIS Veteran
Does a person need 2 days at each park or will one do it?

I have been to Hong Kong Disney and one day was enough there fore me, but heard there is so much at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea.

We easily spent two days at each park. It was more fun that way because one day was more for rides while the other day was more relaxing and taking in the atmosphere and theming.

How do the tickets work? Are they date specific?

If I buy a two day pass can I use one day at TDR and the second day at TDS?

Last edited:
How do the tickets work? Are they date specific?

If I buy a two day pass can I use one day at TDR and the second day at TDS?
We bought a 4 day ticket when we got to ikspiari (like Disney springs). The first two days we had to say which parks we were going to. The last two days we could go to either one and we could park hop

If you’re a big Disney fan you’ll want 4
Seconded for sure. You could easily kill an entire day at TDS just eating the snacks and admiring the detail of everything without going on a single ride. Multiday tickets are exactly what you described. Decide which park you want to go to first, the other on day 2, and then from the third day on you can do either and/or hop back and forth. Park hopping is not nearly as popular as it is in Orlando but it is doable if you MUST get one more ride on Pooh AND Journey to the Center of the Earth on your last day before you leave.

We bought a 4 day ticket when we got to ikspiari (like Disney springs). The first two days we had to say which parks we were going to. The last two days we could go to either one and we could park hop

Hi, Haley

We've opted not to do a package - so now trying to figure out the tickets. So, you didn't do anything prior - you just purchased at Ikspiari when you got there? Did they take a credit card or do we need YEN?

Hi, Haley

We've opted not to do a package - so now trying to figure out the tickets. So, you didn't do anything prior - you just purchased at Ikspiari when you got there? Did they take a credit card or do we need YEN?
Nope, we didn't do anything before. We just showed up at Ikspiari the day before we planned to be in the parks and we paid with our credit card. It went smoothly and we had no issues. We chose which parks we wanted on the first two days and when we wanted the tickets to start. We were going to get tickets in Tokyo at the Disney store, but that would've been one more thing for me to worry about traveling around Japan and I didn't want to risk losing them before getting to TDR

Nope, we didn't do anything before. We just showed up at Ikspiari the day before we planned to be in the parks and we paid with our credit card. It went smoothly and we had no issues. We chose which parks we wanted on the first two days and when we wanted the tickets to start. We were going to get tickets in Tokyo at the Disney store, but that would've been one more thing for me to worry about traveling around Japan and I didn't want to risk losing them before getting to TDR

Thanks - another thing I don't need to do before we go and remember to take with me. We're doing a 16 day cruise from Vancouver to Tokyo and then 3 full days at the parks with a possibility of a late entry and an additional 1/2 day. We're staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay - it was a bit cheaper than the Hilton Tokyo Bay.

I am a big Disney fan and I did one day each park. They were long days, sure, from rope drop to the very end But we did everything we wanted which was just about everything. We went on '46' days in the first week of August which means 46,000 people were expected each day. Very crowded but not the most crowded. We went midweek. Weekends get to about '60' during the summer. Midweek outside of summer could be half that. Fall weekends are probably the most crowded time of year. Also notice ride closures. There is a regular schedule of ride closures through the year except for summer when all rides are open.

As much I am a Disney fan, I am also a travel fan, culture fan, food fan, and every day at Disney was going to be another day taken from something else. It's not a question of how big a fan you are, but if Disney is your only passion. I have since gone back, again doing one day at each park.

If you’re a big Disney fan you’ll want 4

Presuming life ever gets back to normal with the vaccine, December 2022 we are considering going during the kids’ winter break. We know with Christmas and New Year’s it will be packed, do you think we need 5 days?

Presuming life ever gets back to normal with the vaccine, December 2022 we are considering going during the kids’ winter break. We know with Christmas and New Year’s it will be packed, do you think we need 5 days?

The following assumes 2022 returns to old normal (annual passes and seasonal events both exist): If your 5 days are before Christmas, I can see it being potentially worth it because of the Christmas event. You can buy the 4 day ticket and decide at the end of the 3rd day if you want to add a 5th day in a specific park or if you want to explore more of Tokyo. If the 5 days are after Christmas, I wouldn't advise going for more than 4 days because of the lack of seasonal things. Your children will likely be happier doing something else in Tokyo area rather than waiting 100+ minutes to re-ride something.

An exception is if you plan to do the New Years Countdown in the park. You'd have to book an official or Disney hotel so you'd essentially be paying 1,000 USD for a hotel room that you won't use. If you aren't doing the countdown, you'd want to avoid being in the park on New Years Day.

If the 5 days are after Christmas, I wouldn't advise going for more than 4 days because of the lack of seasonal things.

So unlike in the US, the Christmas season actually ends at Christmas and not sometime in the weeks after? That’ll definitely make a difference in which week we go

So unlike in the US, the Christmas season actually ends at Christmas and not sometime in the weeks after? That’ll definitely make a difference in which week we go

The usual schedule is for the last day of Christmas things to be the 25th. Haunted Mansion Holiday does last until mid January though. I would advised going before Christmas if your schedule allows both for more shows/activities and for lower crowd levels. I've spent New Years Day at Disneysea one year and it was pretty bad crowd-wise.

There are a few New Year decorations up ( but they pale into insignificance compared to the Christmas Decorations) and Disneysea had a Happy New Year parade on the lake for a few days after new year. Haunted Mansion also continues into January ( I thought it stopped around the 5th/6th though)

Does a person need 2 days at each park or will one do it?

I have been to Hong Kong Disney and one day was enough there fore me, but heard there is so much at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea.
I recommend three days total. One full day in each park then a hopper for day three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter