How many can be seated together for Dinner??

annabug

Mamabug
Hi Everyone!

We will be cruising with 2 other families, possible a third.

We have late dining. How many people can be seated all together at one table in the MDR??

Thank you!!!!!!!:lovestruc
annabug

I once traveled with other friends and we had 12 at our table which included two children. I would hope DCL would accomodate any size family and adjust tables accordingly.

Usually 8, but you can request. On our Alaska cruise, the table next to us was a family of 12. We are traveling with 16 next summer, and I put the request in. The assured me they would do a big table, or 2 of 8s. Just call, they will try to accommodate you.

We have had 14 and 11 for early seating on two cruises. No issue. We did not request, we only linked our reservations.

oh great thanks!! the most it will be is 16:cool1:
i figured the more the merrier!!!!pixiedust:

oh great thanks!! the most it will be is 16:cool1:
i figured the more the merrier!!!!pixiedust:

One note here - IMO, if you sit at table larger than 8, it's difficult to really carry on a conversation. I'd suggest with 16 you break into 2 groups of 8. Each service team serves an 4 top, a 6 top and an 8 top. By putting the 4 & 6 together, you could be seated with the same dining team. You can switch up which table/people you dine with each night, if you wish.

One note here - IMO, if you sit at table larger than 8, it's difficult to really carry on a conversation. I'd suggest with 16 you break into 2 groups of 8. Each service team serves an 4 top, a 6 top and an 8 top. By putting the 4 & 6 together, you could be seated with the same dining team. You can switch up which table/people you dine with each night, if you wish.

Good suggestion :). We switched seats each night so we could visit with everyone. Never seemed to be an issue for service team. Had a great time. We love to travel with a group!

Like the other posts stated, make sure you link everyone's ressies. Just call DCL with everyone's Res. # and they will make it happen! :) :thumbsup2

On our family cruises we've had 20 and 15. The cruise with the 20, they set up two tables where the adults set at one table and they had the kids sit at the other table (and the servers took care of them completely) - except for the two year old.

On the cruise with the 15, they had one long table but we again sat adults on one end and the kids (six years older this time) at the other end.

Our vacation next year (2014) will have 10 cabins totally 25 people. Might have to break into two tables this time!!! Probably kids (more like young adults now) and adults (okay much older adults)!!

I requested a table for 12 for our party the other day and the CM I spoke to said they no longer do tables larger than 10. We are cruising in November on the Fantasy. I told her we've had a table for 12 before and she said it was a policy change. :confused3

I guess we shall see in 7 weeks :rolleyes2

I requested a table for 12 for our party the other day and the CM I spoke to said they no longer do tables larger than 10. We are cruising in November on the Fantasy. I told her we've had a table for 12 before and she said it was a policy change. :confused3

I guess we shall see in 7 weeks :rolleyes2

I'd probably call again. You'll find that, if you ask 3 different CMs a question on the phone, you'll probably get 3 different answers. If the next one also says they don't do it, I'd ask to speak to a supervisor. You can generally get "better" answers from supervisors.

Plus, I thought I read here that the Fantasy has a large table in each MDR for big parties (not sure of the size - maybe 12-16).

We linked all of our reservations and there were 17 of us, we were at 2 tables. The only thing I will say is that service was VERY slow that cruise. I dont know if it is because they had more people then usually or just the servers we had but it would literally take us until almost 8:00pm for everything to be served and done.

We just got off the Dream on Thurs. and there were 17 of us. We were all seated at one long table. We just switched it up each night so we were sitting near different people. We had one set of servers and the main server, Constantin, was great, the assistant server, not so much. We didn't even request to be seated at one table, they just did it and it worked out great.

Ok so I called DCL and they said not a problem to sit 12 "together" but in some of the dining rooms we may be split into 2 tables? not sure how they plan to do that but we will see

Last cruise on the Dream< i am sure I saw big parties sitting together at one big table, but I wasnt sure how many people it was for.

whatever will be will be!!!

We were a group of 17 as well on the Dream last October and had 2 tables each night, same servers, so we moved around each meal.

July.

We had large rectangular tables in Royal & Enchanted but two separate tables in Animators.

One cruise we were 14 and it was one huge table.

Our recent July cruise we were 18. We had 11 on one table and 7 with the other. Close together and we had the same server/assistant server. One evening my table of 11 - 6 were not there (4 Remy and 2 Palo) so the remainder of us all set on one table for the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter