How Many ADRs Can We Fit in One Week?: April 2015 TR- Finished 7/3!

Joining in - I love trips with a ton of ADRs - also love planning them out (only slightly less complicated then planning a land war in Asia to fit everything in typically)

Congratulations! Awesome wedding g pictures - you both look great .... And a very nice ring too!

So glad the room worked out for you and how great that it was giraffes that greeted you. I'll wait to see if one ever stuck it's head in you room. At least you had that extra bed for him ;)

love the idea of the Mr./Mrs. Pins. I never got in to pin trading as it seems like something I couldn't just do a little so figured I would quit before I started. Seems like fun though.

Agree with you take on 7DMT - very good ride but probably not worth a crazy wait. I do love that they reused old animatronics from old ride for the carriage scene

Glad you enjoyed your Space Mountain rides - definitely think the right side is faster. Every see it with the lights on? I think it looked even scarier with how tight all the steel is.

We have never managed to get a dinner ADR for BOG. But you appetizer is making me even sadder that we haven't. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

Behind the Castle is one of my favorite spots to watch Wishes - feels like you are almost "inside" the fireworks

You guys got so much done - what a great arrival day!

Joining in - I love trips with a ton of ADRs - also love planning them out (only slightly less complicated then planning a land war in Asia to fit everything in typically)

Congratulations! Awesome wedding g pictures - you both look great .... And a very nice ring too!

So glad the room worked out for you and how great that it was giraffes that greeted you. I'll wait to see if one ever stuck it's head in you room. At least you had that extra bed for him ;)

love the idea of the Mr./Mrs. Pins. I never got in to pin trading as it seems like something I couldn't just do a little so figured I would quit before I started. Seems like fun though.

Agree with you take on 7DMT - very good ride but probably not worth a crazy wait. I do love that they reused old animatronics from old ride for the carriage scene

Glad you enjoyed your Space Mountain rides - definitely think the right side is faster. Every see it with the lights on? I think it looked even scarier with how tight all the steel is.

We have never managed to get a dinner ADR for BOG. But you appetizer is making me even sadder that we haven't. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

Behind the Castle is one of my favorite spots to watch Wishes - feels like you are almost "inside" the fireworks

You guys got so much done - what a great arrival day!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Pin trading is definitely a money-suck hahaha. I guess I should add that as Chris's one other souvenir. You'll see later on that we got REALLY into it lol.

I have seen pictures of Space Mountain, it looks nuts! I'm about 5'11" and my husband is 6'3", so I always feel like we should duck. You'll notice I didn't include any of the ride photos from our Photopass on here because we look so ridiculous with our legs all scrunched up! :rotfl2:

I see from your signature that you're heading back in October for another trip. Keep checking online, maybe something for BOG will open up! That meat and cheese plate was seriously so good. I've only ever had one that was better, which funnily enough was also in the Orlando area. I'm definitely going to go check out some of your TRs now! Thanks for reading!

Oh wow - you guys must have really been scruntched on 7DMT - those cars are small!

We do have a trip in October - though it is to out west and Disneyland - where Blue Bayou is their BOG - hoping for an ADR for there.

Hi Melissa. First congrats on your wedding and disneymoon. We did the same, though on the opposite coast ; )

As another VA girl (northern VA) I'd love to get a direct SW flight. It still amazes me they have no do to Orlando flights

Congrats on the savannah view. I had no idea that standard rooms had savannah views either until we got to our room and had one too. Like you I was totally expecting a parking lot. AKL is a beautiful resort, but now you know that ; )

What great first day meals. Love LTT, but yes you totally missed out on the ooey gooey cake ; ).

Can't wait to hear more

Congratulations on your wedding and fabulous honeymoon!

We are heading to the World for our own Disneymoon in September :) So glad you got some extra pixie dust with your awesome room and BOG dinner. Everything looks great so far, and I can't wait to read more!

First of all thanks for being brave and posting a trip report. I've been a DIS member for years and have never managed to talk myself into posting a TR. I'm not much of a commentator either but just had to say "Beautiful wedding photos!" Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to reading more. I am hoping to grab a BOG reservation for Oct 1 and then again in Dec for our family Christmas trip. So far no luck in Oct but I'll keep trying.

My DD17 are continuing to travel with you!
We are huge pin collectors! We keep a few small pins for trading with cast members but only so we can find more pins for our collection. We use pins to tell the story of each of our trips - places we stay, new rides, characters we get to interact with, parties and events, which colors of monorails we ride. Often they are in chronological order as best they can be. There are so many ways to use pins to tell the story of a WDW trip! Each trip has its own lanyard or is mounted on a board. Really special trips are mounted and framed like this one:

image.jpg
So wonderful to look at and relive the memories!

Congrats! Mostly on your wedding, but also on the gorgeous view! I never realized how pretty the rooms are at AKL. Love them! Your church and dress are super pretty, too.

Hi Melissa. First congrats on your wedding and disneymoon. We did the same, though on the opposite coast ; )

As another VA girl (northern VA) I'd love to get a direct SW flight. It still amazes me they have no do to Orlando flights

Congrats on the savannah view. I had no idea that standard rooms had savannah views either until we got to our room and had one too. Like you I was totally expecting a parking lot. AKL is a beautiful resort, but now you know that ; )

What great first day meals. Love LTT, but yes you totally missed out on the ooey gooey cake ; ).

Can't wait to hear more

Thank you! I couldn't believe it either. We didn't have the full 180 degree view, but who cares?! It was actually kind of cool where we were because we could see where the zebras and emus were housed, along with the warthogs. So we always saw all of them in the morning for feeding. We'll definitely get the ooey gooey cake next time when we have bigger stomachs!

Congratulations on your wedding and fabulous honeymoon!

We are heading to the World for our own Disneymoon in September :) So glad you got some extra pixie dust with your awesome room and BOG dinner. Everything looks great so far, and I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! Congratulations on your upcoming Disneymoon and wedding! Where are you planning on staying?

First of all thanks for being brave and posting a trip report. I've been a DIS member for years and have never managed to talk myself into posting a TR. I'm not much of a commentator either but just had to say "Beautiful wedding photos!" Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to reading more. I am hoping to grab a BOG reservation for Oct 1 and then again in Dec for our family Christmas trip. So far no luck in Oct but I'll keep trying.

Thank you so much, I appreciate it! Keep checking, maybe it will show up! So jealous that you have two upcoming trips this year!

Subscribing! Congrats! The more food, the better I say.

A girl after my own heart! popcorn::

My DD17 are continuing to travel with you!
We are huge pin collectors! We keep a few small pins for trading with cast members but only so we can find more pins for our collection. We use pins to tell the story of each of our trips - places we stay, new rides, characters we get to interact with, parties and events, which colors of monorails we ride. Often they are in chronological order as best they can be. There are so many ways to use pins to tell the story of a WDW trip! Each trip has its own lanyard or is mounted on a board. Really special trips are mounted and framed like this one:

View attachment 99324
So wonderful to look at and relive the memories!

Love that idea!! That is so cool to do it as a story of each trip! I would love to do something like that next time we go! I will definitely have more updates on the pins as I write more. DH got SUPER into it. We basically spent our last night at Disney running from CM to CM checking out their pins! What did you use to frame your pins? Did you get a shadowbox?

Congrats! Mostly on your wedding, but also on the gorgeous view! I never realized how pretty the rooms are at AKL. Love them! Your church and dress are super pretty, too.

Thank you so much! We actually got married at a World War I monument (oddly enough) in a park. I've attached a picture of the whole thing. It was pretty cool, and meant a lot to me because I have a photo of my great-grandparents there together from the late 1950s!

Thank you all for the kind comments! I am trying to write more and also simultaneously download all of our photos from Memory Maker before they disappear! Dang work keeps getting in the way... Hopefully I can squeeze in another short update tonight!

Attachments

• Melissa Chris Wedding-Ceremony-0035.jpg
    Melissa Chris Wedding-Ceremony-0035.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
Joining in! First off, congratulations on your wedding! I love your dress- gorgeous! I'm so glad you got a great view with your room. I was anxiously waiting and hoping you got lucky! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

We're staying at the Boardwalk (courtesy of fiance's parents and their DVC points), which I am so excited for :) Plus, it definitely gave us more funds to use on food, which I can't complain about :P

Joining in! First off, congratulations on your wedding! I love your dress- gorgeous! I'm so glad you got a great view with your room. I was anxiously waiting and hoping you got lucky! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Thank you! I swear I'm updating again tonight. Why do I have to work?! Oh yeah, to pay for Disney!

We're staying at the Boardwalk (courtesy of fiance's parents and their DVC points), which I am so excited for :) Plus, it definitely gave us more funds to use on food, which I can't complain about :P

So jealous! I'd love to hear about your trip! We checked out Boardwalk and Beach and Yacht Club while we were there and really want to stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club next! They're just so convenient.

Following!

Congratulations on a beautiful Wedding and awesome disneymoon. I am all about the food & daydream about staying a AKL with a Savannah view. I can't wait to hear more.

Thank you! I swear I'm updating again tonight. Why do I have to work?! Oh yeah, to pay for Disney!

So jealous! I'd love to hear about your trip! We checked out Boardwalk and Beach and Yacht Club while we were there and really want to stay at Boardwalk or Beach Club next! They're just so convenient.

I'm planning on trying to take notes to do a Trip Report - I started a PTR but honestly there's not all that much to plan until Fastpasses, so it kind of got left in the dust recently :P Too much other stuff going on! Can't wait to read more about your trip :)

Congrats on your wedding! Your pictures are beautiful! I'm joining in! We're typically deluxe diners too, so I love trip reports with lots of dining!

Day Two at Hollywood Studios: Where We Get Fooled by an Alcoholic Beverage

Plans for the Day:

ADRs: Boma 9:50; 50s Prime Time Café 5:15

FP+: ToT 1:05; Star Tours 2:55; RnRC 4:20

I’m waking up at Disney World, so obviously this is the best day! It doesn’t even matter that my feet are already aching, I’m looking at this off my balcony:

11149676_10156073427275377_5623516159971689563_o_zpsd8pfd5ge.jpg

11130482_10156073426930377_755077477091803560_o_zpslw86gmwm.jpg

We took our time getting ready this morning as we were eating breakfast at Boma in the hotel. This ADR was sort of last minute as we had previously been planning to get a table service meal in HS. However, the table service restaurants there really leave something to be desired. We had eaten at Sci-Fi Theater on our trip in 2012 and didn’t really care to repeat it. I had eaten at Hollywood Brown Derby previously as well and couldn’t really remember it meriting 2 credits. So we settled on a big breakfast at Boma and an earlyish dinner at 50s Prime Time.

While we were getting ready we tried on our new ears. This is the only time Chris would have his on the entire trip. Oh well, we at least have a cute souvenir.

11182825_10203945719794422_1442662224581184763_o_zpsnuxohlzb.jpg

We headed downstairs to Boma where we had an AMAZING waitress. She was so nice, as soon as we sat down she asked us about getting married and wanted to know all about the wedding. Then she asked us if we’d like some free mimosas to celebrate. Now, you should all know that neither of us drink. I simply don’t like the taste of alcohol. Chris will have the once in a blue moon margarita. But we didn’t want to be rude since she was so nice to offer it, so we decided to take her up on it. She offered to have it made with their Jungle Juice with guava and pineapple (I think?). We agreed to do that and then went to get our plates.

YUM.

11118842_10156074800690377_5048735684275812217_n_zps06klcstd.jpg

11092821_10156073602300377_8105217104937912501_o_zps1kipeuxg.jpg

We absolutely loved everything. We thought it was so delicious. I ate two plates and then hoped that I would somehow get three more stomachs like a cow so I could eat more. When we came back from getting our first plate, we had our drinks waiting on the table. I picked up the mimosa to take a small sip and wait for the inevitable disgusting taste. It was DELICIOUS. I couldn’t believe how much I liked it! I figured there must not be very much alcohol in it, but that was fine since I preferred it that way anyways and it was free. I told Chris he had to try it and he agreed that it tasted great. I couldn’t believe I was actually enjoying an alcoholic beverage! ...until the waitress walked over with the actual drinks in champagne glasses. Turns out she’d just brought us some glasses of the Jungle Juice alone to make sure we actually liked it before bringing out the actual mimosas. Oops! One sip of the mimosa and I said “blech, champagne!” and begin to dilute it with the rest of my Jungle Juice remaining in my glass. Oh well!

Those of you who know anything about alcohol would have immediately known that I wouldn't served champagne in an orange juice glass. But like I said, I don't drink and definitely have never ordered a mimosa haha.

905553_10203945719874424_4873939477080897220_o_zpswjxq5679.jpg

Our waitress was also nice enough to take this photo of us with our drinks. The ACTUAL drinks haha.

10954482_10156073602490377_5053481495264257512_o_zps1i9dncyg.jpg

After our amazing meal, it was time to head out to Hollywood Studios! We stopped on our way in to get a couple of pictures. I LOVE Fantasia, so I loved having our picture here.

HS_zpsbg23m4xl.png

Once we got inside, I knew exactly where I wanted to go first. TOWER OF TERROR! Now I know I said Space Mountain is my favorite, but in reality I really think Tower of Terror is my ultimate favorite. I’m honestly not sure there’s any ride at any theme park I love more. We went to check out the wait time and saw that it was only about 20 minutes long. I unilaterally decided that was worth it and we jumped in line.

Tower of Terror is probably my favorite line. Yeah, I know that sounds weird. But it’s just beautiful. The landscaping is amazing and I’m always amazed at just how real the attraction looks. You really feel like you’re stepping back into time to an old Hollywood hotel. I love seeing the lobby (and feeling that first cool blast of air conditioning!).

11146472_10156074805960377_3693412051543424139_n_zpssyxo4eif.jpg

We got into our elevator and had the ride of our lives! I just loved it! There’s nothing like riding your favorite ride after three years away. By the way, I love this little girl in the front row!

ToT_zpsote5knmx.png

Once we got off, we still had a while before our FP for Tower of Terror again (because, why not?!). Chris wanted to see the Indiana Jones Show, so we headed that way. I'm usually not a super big fan of shows like this, but I thought it was pretty cool! We enjoyed the stunts and seeing the audience play along. Unfortunately, it started raining pretty well during the show and they did not get to perform the third scene. But oh well. It got us out in time to head back to Tower of Terror again!

Once we got off our second Tower of Terror ride for the day, we headed to RnRC to check the line. It was only about 15 minutes for that, so we decided to get in line for it. We made it through the line in closer to 10 minutes and decided to sit in the front row. How much fun is it to stand in that line and watch car after car take off? I’ll never forget when I first rode this ride in 2005 with my nephew, who was only about 8 at the time. I still have the picture of us screaming as the car takes off full speed. We loved it!

We got in our front row and sped off to the concert!

RnRc_zps39mz01xg.png

When we got around to the exit station, we both stood up to leave when the CM saw our just married buttons and told us congratulations. We thanked him and then he said “want to ride again?” Are you kidding?! Of course we do! He directed us through a door and put us right back on the front row to ride again! Woohoo pixie dust!

After a great second ride, we thanked the CM again on our way out and headed into the gift shop. We decided to talk to one of the CMs in order to trade some pins. We had noticed that some of the CMs had their lanyards flipped around so you couldn’t see their pins. We sought out one of their CMs and asked to see his pins, and he told us we’d have to answer a trivia question in order to see his pins. I thought that was pretty neat! He offered Disney Parks or Disney Movies trivia. I went with Disney Parks first, and he asked me who the two original “characters” of Epcot were. I knew one was Figment, but I am not really an Epcot person, so I had no clue on the other! He told me it was Dreamfinder. Never heard of him! Don’t strike me down, Epcot fans! He offered to give me another shot on Disney Movies. He asked if I had a favorite and I told him Up! My question: Where is Mr. Fredricksen trying to travel to in his home? Duh, Paradise Falls! Unfortunately I cannot remember which pin I traded him for, but I thought it was a fun little game nonetheless!

Next, we watch some more shows and later in the evening almost become a permanent guest (for real) on Tower of Terror!

Joining in and I'll be back to catch up! I just saw you are from Richmond. I grew up in Chesterfield so small world! We moved to Pennsylvania about 4 years ago and I miss Richmond so much!

Congratulations on your wedding! Can't wait to read about your "Disney-moon"!

Congratulations on your wedding! Love the extra pixie dust you have experienced so far! Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter