How lucky to be in the first group to stay at the VGF DVC that opened today.

Love them and the news about a microwave is awesome!

That will make a difference for many people!
Right now while the microwaves are on back order, if you call the front desk and ask for one they will bring one up for you.

Right now while the microwaves are on back order, if you call the front desk and ask for one they will bring one up for you.

Exactly what I will do. We are staying just one night in July but check out day will be a resort day so it will be nice to have for that morning.

But it does also mean that I am willing to stay there now more often. I do prefer that location and this helps!

Maybe we will see them do the same thing and add a toaster!!!

Exactly what I will do. We are staying just one night in July but check out day will be a resort day so it will be nice to have for that morning.

But it does also mean that I am willing to stay there now more often. I do prefer that location and this helps!

Maybe we will see them do the same thing and add a toaster!!!
Sorry forgot to mention if you ask for a toaster they will bring that too.

now if they would put a full size mirror over one of the beds you could watch the TV from the couch.
didn’t catch that since when we go away we never turn a tv on. Guess that does affect some. There is only so much room in these resort studios so I guess its either watch from bed or watch from couch, guess bed won out:)

didn’t catch that since when we go away we never turn a tv on. Guess that does affect some. There is only so much room in these resort studios so I guess its either watch from bed or watch from couch, guess bed won out:)

Unless you get the really cool room that has the bump out....that has two TV's.

Unless you get the really cool room that has the bump out....that has two TV's.
DH would love one of those bump out rooms! He has to have his tv. But I do not think watching from the bed would be a terrible thing. We could designate one of the beds as our tv bed. It might be quite comfy. I will have to ask him if he is willing to try it out as we have never had tvs in the bedroom.

Others have posted that check in is in the main GF lobby.
I think if you don’t have online check in you would need to go to the main lobby for check in but while we were told at the security gate to stop at check in, we did not since we already had our room number from online check in. In either case when you arrive you are at the main lobby anyway and the building you would be staying at is out the door and across the walkway to the right. Not far at all.

It looks beautiful thanks so much for posting. We’re really excited for our August stay at our new home resort.

Love the reports. I was too point cheap to get the lagoon view for an upcoming trip. Waiting for some reports on the standard view and everyone so far has been fortunate enough to share the beautiful Lagoon views.

I think if you don’t have online check in you would need to go to the main lobby for check in but while we were told at the security gate to stop at check in, we did not since we already had our room number from online check in. In either case when you arrive you are at the main lobby anyway and the building you would be staying at is out the door and across the walkway to the right. Not far at all.
The few times I’ve been asked to swing by the front desk since the advent of online check in has been because the resort wanted to update or verify my credit card for charging to the room.

Love the reports. I was too point cheap to get the lagoon view for an upcoming trip. Waiting for some reports on the standard view and everyone so far has been fortunate enough to share the beautiful Lagoon views.
While the pool is on the front side of the building unfortunataly so is another building. I would think looking to the left would be the pool and to the right the lagoon and directly in front would be the next building. Hope you enjoy yourself, the rooms are beautiful.

Last edited:
The few times I’ve been asked to swing by the front desk since the advent of online check in has been because the resort wanted to update or verify my credit card for charging to the room.
Could have been, we did not stop at the front desk and everything was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter