How lucky to be in the first group to stay at the VGF DVC that opened today.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Grand Floridian DVC Resort Studios opens for VIP’s and guests today….tomorrow its open to the public.

My wife and I are lucky enough to be the first in our room in the new refurbished VGF resort studio Lagoon view rooms. And today the lobby in this building was abuzz with proud cast members and Disney executives welcoming us all on its Grand Reopening. There was not a negative word from anyone and how could there be, the rooms were just beautiful and the smell of brand new was in the air. The Hotel manager even stopped by our room to welcome us and she could not have been prouder. The enterance into the Big Pine Key building is beautiful and glows with a fresh new makeover. Upon Entering your room you are hit with pure elegance. The two queen beds are comfortable there is a sofa in the room along with a small area with a keurig coffee machine and a beverage cooler. We were told the microwaves were on back order the rooms will soon have them too. There is no sink in this area but the bathroom does have double sinks. Our balcony has a beautiful view of the wedding chapel, the lagoon and full view of the polynesian along with the VGF DVC building along with boats passing by. We felt honored and lucky to be the first group to stay in this beautiful DVC and hope that you all get a chance to experience it too. Sorry but for some reason I was only able to post 1 photo at a time, I am sure it’s operator error but I am too tired to figure it out now, so enjoy the pic I posted as you continue to scroll down.

Last edited:

Exciting! We are there for 10 nights in October in what will be our first visit to the GF.

Quick question, do suitcases fit under the beds? It's not obvious from the pictures. The beds look to be raised with room underneath, but seem lower than some of the room refurbs at other resorts?

Hmmmmm. Looks even more tempting than tour videos we'd seen made it.

The news that there WILL be microwaves should calm those distressed because we'd heard nothing of any being in the RS.

Looks absolutely gorgeous overall--and a more convenient location than VGF1, IMO.

Hope your stay is as magnificent as The Grand itself!

Love them and the news about a microwave is awesome!

That will make a difference for many people!

Grand Floridian DVC Resort Studios opens for VIP’s and guests today….tomorrow its open to the public.

My wife and I are lucky enough to be the first in our room in the new refurbished VGF resort studio Lagoon view rooms. And today the lobby in this building was abuzz with proud cast members and Disney executives welcoming us all on its Grand Reopening. There was not a negative word from anyone and how could there be, the rooms were just beautiful and the smell of brand new was in the air. The Hotel manager even stopped by our room to welcome us and she could not have been prouder. The enterance into the Big Pine Key building is beautiful and glows with a fresh new makeover. Upon Entering your room you are hit with pure elegance. The two queen beds are comfortable there is a sofa in the room along with a small area with a keurig coffee machine and a beverage cooler. We were told the microwaves were on back order the rooms will soon have them too. There is no sink in this area but the bathroom does have double sinks. Our balcony has a beautiful view of the wedding chapel, the lagoon and full view of the polynesian along with the VGF DVC building along with boats passing by. We felt honored and lucky to be the first group to stay in this beautiful DVC and hope that you all get a chance to experience it too. Sorry but for some reason I was only able to post 1 photo at a time, I am sure it’s operator error but I am too tired to figure it out now, so enjoy the pic I posted as you continue to scroll down.
Question: where did you check-in? Main lobby or VGF1 lobby?

Exciting! We are there for 10 nights in October in what will be our first visit to the GF.

Quick question, do suitcases fit under the beds? It's not obvious from the pictures. The beds look to be raised with room underneath, but seem lower than some of the room refurbs at other resorts?
Yes the suit cases do fit under the bed. And the beds are very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter