How Long Will Palo Dinner Take?

autigger

Mouseketeer
We have a Palo reservation for our upcoming cruise. How long does a typical Palo dinner take?

We want to see the show that night and I don't want to be rushed at all. I just want to make sure that we have enough time without being rushed.

Thanks for any advice.

Our dinner was about 2 hours from arrival until we walked out.
Last week our dinner was about 2.5 hours including the 20 minutes we "skipped out" for a picture with Donald and Daisy in the lobby! I just couldn't pass up the opportunity! Seriously though I would definitely not plan on less than 2 hours. In order to relax and not feel rushed at all, I'd suggest what we did: saw the 6:15 show, then had an 8:30 reservation at Palo (we dressed for dinner after the show, but if you're already dressed you could book as early as 7:30, since the show ends at 7:15). That way, we could take as long as we wanted for dinner since we'd already seen the show. Booking the earliest Palo dinner (6:00 PM) and knowing I had to make it to the theater by 8:15 for a good seat would have made me nervous and ruined the dinner experience for me.

aloha,
We usually take at the minimum 3 hrs or longer. We just enjoy each others company knowing we are not being rushed out. We interact with the staff members and get to know the people around us. We don't have any kids so that's a plus.
I've seen couple in and out in less than 1hr. We tell people just enjoy themselves with the food and, atmosphere and the staff.

aloha,

hawiian mickey

We enjoy Palo's and book it each cruise, we normally spend 2.5 hrs enjoying each course and pleasant conversation with the staff. not to mention all the time taking pictures of the food I take.

Thank you for all the replies.

We have a 6:30 pm reservation and want to make the 8:30 pm show with our kids after picking them up from the oceaneers club.

I don't want to be rushed, so I am going to try and change our reservation. The suggestion to see the show early and then have a late dinner seems like a good idea.

Thanks again.

We had a 6pm ressie and it worked out very well for us - this was St. Croix day.

We had a snorkeling excursion in the morning. Came back to the port and walked around a little. Went back on the ship and had lunch, got cleaned up and relaxed the afternoon away. We go ready for our 6pm dinner at Palo, had a very enjoyable meal - could not have gone any longer or had anymore to eat, then left for the 8:30 show in the Walt Disney Theater (the Bedtime Stories movie(?)). After the show we changed clothes for the Pirate Party and participated in that. We were not rushed at all and all in all it was a wonderful day. But we didn't have any kids to pick up from the clubs since our "adult" kids were experiencing their first dinner at Palo.

Thank you for all the replies.

We have a 6:30 pm reservation and want to make the 8:30 pm show with our kids after picking them up from the oceaneers club.

I don't want to be rushed, so I am going to try and change our reservation. The suggestion to see the show early and then have a late dinner seems like a good idea.

Thanks again.
Do your kiddos eat at the club then or do you get them something to eat beforehand??

We had a 6pm ressie and it worked out very well for us - this was St. Croix day.

We had a snorkeling excursion in the morning. Came back to the port and walked around a little. Went back on the ship and had lunch, got cleaned up and relaxed the afternoon away. We go ready for our 6pm dinner at Palo, had a very enjoyable meal - could not have gone any longer or had anymore to eat, then left for the 8:30 show in the Walt Disney Theater (the Bedtime Stories movie(?)). After the show we changed clothes for the Pirate Party and participated in that. We were not rushed at all and all in all it was a wonderful day. But we didn't have any kids to pick up from the clubs since our "adult" kids were experiencing their first dinner at Palo.

Were you still able to get your pirate bandanas? We are thinking of doint the same, except we have 2 boys that will want those bandanas.

Our tablemates picked some up for us on Pirate Night. Our server would have given us them the next night too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter