How long to receive postcards??

goin2disneyagain

<font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>
I mailed myself a postcard from the post office on Castaway Cay on May 28 and I still haven't received it. Has anyone else done this and recall how long it took to receive the postcard. I know sometimes when you mail things from places like that it takes a long time to receive them.

You know, I'm thinking it takes about 4 weeks. It may be a little longer then that. ;) Its exciting when you do get it in the mail! ;)

Travis

I've seen them take a month or even two!! Whenever we sail, we mail a batch to people from the postcard request thread, and a month seems to be the average. We just mailed more when we cruised last week, so if I hear from any of the recipients, I will post it.
Barb

Why wouldn't they just put the mail back on the ship, carry it to port, and DCL hand it off to the USPS??

Because its not a US POST OFFICE.....the stamp and the facalites are owned by the Bahama Government and the post mark is from Castaway Cay. If they would bring it with them back to the US, it would have florida postmark and the stamp would be invalid.

That would be no fun...you send it from the island just to have that stamp and postmark. It's not Disney that determines the time it takes for you to get the postcard....that is the bahama's mail system! :eek: :eek:

Hope this helps...:)

Travis

Originally posted by goin2disneyagain
I mailed myself a postcard from the post office on Castaway Cay on May 28 and I still haven't received it. Has anyone else done this and recall how long it took to receive the postcard. I know sometimes when you mail things from places like that it takes a long time to receive them.

I mailed a few from CC on May 18, got mine at home in Texas around June 7.

Every cruise, I see some people dropping mail in the box with US postage on it. Every cruise, I see the postmaster set a pile aside. Anyone know if they give them to Disney, or what happens to them?

Kelli

We sent 20 cards from Castaway Cay and they all took 25 days to arrive in UK. They had been via Germany! Nat:Pinkbounc

My postcard arrived today. It took 18 days. It was cool checking the mail and seeing the postcard in there. :)

The speed of the post office must be picking up...I just got a message from one of the families I sent postcards to and they received their card already from our June 3rd cruise!!! This is the fastest ever.
Barb

I sent my card from Castaway Cay on the same day you did (May 28, 2004) and I got it today (Tues. June 15) Yours will be coming soon if you have not already gotten it.

I sent postcards from CC on May 25th. I know 3 of the 5 mailed were received in today's mail.

I mailed several postcards on May 15th. I just received mine yesterday (June 15th) and they had the Castaway Cay stamp dated May 28th on them. One of the people I sent a postcard to received there's 2 weeks ago and we live on the same street!! Don't know why he got his so much earlier than the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter