How long to close if paying cash in full direct to disney?

Lorilais_mommie

" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the
My husband and I maybe coming into some extra "fun" money in the next month of so..
We already know we are going to buy assuming everything goes as planned..

We will be paying in cash/check how long are we looking at before we can use our points to book a room?

My husband and I maybe coming into some extra "fun" money in the next month of so..
We already know we are going to buy assuming everything goes as planned..

We will be paying in cash/check how long are we looking at before we can use our points to book a room?

It may depend on what resort you plan to buy. Sometimes, DVC doesn't have any current points to sell for the resort you want. But if you are buying Aulani, AKV, GFV, you could be making a reservation within a few days of paying.

Once you have paid and the ink is dry, either you or your tour guide can make a reservation for you. We purchased VGF on site the first weekend it sold. We paid by credit card (free airfare!) and made reservations that day while we sat in the sales center. If you have a good travel credit card, you may consider paying with a credit card to get miles for your first trip as owners! :banana: Disney will take the entire amount by credit card.

Once you have paid and the ink is dry, either you or your tour guide can make a reservation for you. We purchased VGF on site the first weekend it sold. We paid by credit card (free airfare!) and made reservations that day while we sat in the sales center. If you have a good travel credit card, you may consider paying with a credit card to get miles for your first trip as owners! :banana: Disney will take the entire amount by credit card.

Nice! Can they spread it over a few, as I don't my Disney visa has a high enough limit? may have to look into getting a better reward CC, before we sign

Also we would most likely Have to do this over the phone, b/c we are not planing another trip to WDW until 2015...

We are going to DL, this summer would it be better to sign there?

You can buy direct over the phone. I think they can do it in multiple payments as I was looking into adding on at a sold out resort and had to go on WL (wait list since no points were available) where they told me they would charge the deposit once WL came through and the remainder would be charged later. A good CC to look into would be the Chase Disney Premier Visa as it gets you extra rewards for using it on Disney purchases (so using it to buy DVC would get extra). I have it and put the rewards dollars on a redemption credit card and use at Disney...or to pay annual dues.

Nice! Can they spread it over a few, as I don't my Disney visa has a high enough limit? may have to look into getting a better reward CC, before we sign

Also we would most likely Have to do this over the phone, b/c we are not planing another trip to WDW until 2015...

We are going to DL, this summer would it be better to sign there?

Yes, they will split it. Disney really take any form of payment in anyway you specify. I split it between by Southwest card and Delta Amex. I got 2 round trips on SW and one on Delta this way. We charged 30K total.

If SW flys into your airport, they have really good reward sign up deals. I think I got 65,000 miles for getting the card and spending 3,000 within 90 days. That was a couple of years ago. My fav travel card is now Barclay. You get $440 in travel credits when you open the card and ear 2 points per dollar spent, no matter what the vendor. Also no foreign transaction fees. This is the best travel reared program out there. I know a lot of people like the disney card, and it's good for the discounts, but I don't think the rewards return is very good. Try Googling "credit card reward comparison". There are several sites that will give you the run down on current promotions.

Our airfare to Disney next month cost me a total of $10 after rewards on Southwest! pixiedust:

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Yes, they will split it. Disney really take any form of payment in anyway you specify. I split it between by Southwest card and Delta Amex. I got 2 round trips on SW and one on Delta this way. We charged 30K total.

If SW flys into your airport, they have really good reward sign up deals. I think I got 65,000 miles for getting the card and spending 3,000 within 90 days. That was a couple of years ago. My fav travel card is now Barclay. You get $440 in travel credits when you open the card and ear 2 points per dollar spent, no matter what the vendor. Also no foreign transaction fees. This is the best travel reared program out there. I know a lot of people like the disney card, and it's good for the discounts, but I don't think the rewards return is very good. Try Googling "credit card reward comparison". There are several sites that will give you the run down on current promotions.

Our airfare to Disney next month cost me a total of $10 after rewards on Southwest! pixiedust:

Good luck to you! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Southwest is not an option for us... :-(
But Have been looking into the JetBlue or delta cards.. (Prefer jet blue when flying)
We get the 2% when making Disney purchases.. Not sure of that includes DVC.. But will check..

I have a little time to compare..

Thank you all sooo much.. I've been able to get so many answers..

Southwest is not an option for us... :-( But Have been looking into the JetBlue or delta cards.. (Prefer jet blue when flying) We get the 2% when making Disney purchases.. Not sure of that includes DVC.. But will check.. I have a little time to compare.. Thank you all sooo much.. I've been able to get so many answers..

That stinks! Look at Barclay world traveler or some similar named Barclay card. Whichever site I looked at ranked it the best. You can apply the rewards to any travel purchase, air, car, hotel, maybe tickets not sure on that one. Plus when you redeem, you get an addition 10% of the redemption value. Example, you have 40,000 points, that translates into $400 plus an additional $40. I like that it doesn't tie you to one specific travel program or air line. I like to fly on Delta, but it takes a while to rack up a free ticket with the AmEx.

My husband and I maybe coming into some extra "fun" money in the next month of so.. We already know we are going to buy assuming everything goes as planned.. We will be paying in cash/check how long are we looking at before we can use our points to book a room?
We were able to book before making final payment but I am pretty sure our deposit had been sent in. Our guide put in a request ?? Or transferred us to reservations? Can't remember which but do know we had reservation before final payment. Of course tho we had paid in full before actually using said reservation.

When we bought in, we made it part of the contract that we got a room the next weekend within the cancelation period or we would not have gone through with it.
We had been burnt before purchasing a timeshare and wanted to be sure we were getting everything we were told to expect. What a relief, DVC was everything and more than we were told and had learnt about before buying.

Nice! Can they spread it over a few, as I don't my Disney visa has a high enough limit? may have to look into getting a better reward CC, before we sign Also we would most likely Have to do this over the phone, b/c we are not planing another trip to WDW until 2015... We are going to DL, this summer would it be better to sign there?

You could call your cc to see if they would increase your limit. Some will.

But if you are not going to 2015, you may want to look into resale. You can save a lot of money, just can't use a cc to pay. We just closed on BWV at 80 a point. Good luck on what ever you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter