How long might DME take Mco to Jambo house?

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
DH is not going. I am thinking of using DME and the buses for the first time. I will be there with 3 high school grads. We land MCO around 9:30 am and our plan is blizzard beach that day.

I am thinking buses to the parks with possible uber to return to the hotel.
We will go to Universal two days and for one night to get EP, uber there and back.

Flight out is 7;30am unless the flight price comes down and I can get a later flight, what time might DME pick us up for that?

I do have a car rental $150 (taxes included) for the week. So I could drive and the girls all have smart phone for directions.
Thanks

Plan 90 minutes from your plane landing to hit your resort. Could be less, but 90 minutes is a good cushion.

For your return home, your pickup time would be 4:30 am +/- 15 minutes.

BUT, if you're renting a car, why not just drive yourself?

/\ yes, I'd rent @ MCO.

Factor 11 am to AKV. Are you doing online checkin? Room likely won't be ready. Bags will be stored. Make sure to keep your swim gear handily accessible.

Likely @ WP by noon.

Are you staying onsite @ Universal somewhere one night for the free EP? If so, why are you not driving? Parking fee would be for 1 day only and cheaper than uber

Thanks. I thought I had seen for someone 2.5 hr to get AK hotel. I have not drove while in Orlando, DH always drives. I did get a car reservation but have not made that final decision.
I figure $190 for car including gas so I figure I could use uber and maybe come out ahead, if we take buses there and uber back from parks, ect.
Yes we have one night at hard rock.
I was also curious for the return time to MCO that would be one less thing I would have to do. I could just hop on bus and go.

pick up to return to mco would be 3 hours before your flight - give or take 15 minutes.

Could it take 2.5 hours to get there, I guess, but its more likely to be around 90 minutes

I've had it take 2 1/2 hours one time. We landed at 11 pm and were not to our resort check in desk until 1:30 am. That was miserable!!

I've had it take 2 1/2 hours one time. We landed at 11 pm and were not to our resort check in desk until 1:30 am. That was miserable!!
I had that happen to me as well, but they (DME) were waiting for other gusets. IMO and experience the later you fly in the longer it will take to get to your resort because DME at later nights will put 5 or 6 resorts since for the most part there are not a lot of people going to the same resort.

Can it take 2.5 hrs to get from MCO to your resort? Yes. But it generally takes 90 mins or less! It would be very out of the ordinary to have it take over 2 hrs! Driving from MCO to WDW is pretty easy. And that's a decent rate for a week. But, if you aren't comfortable, then don't drive! You will pay to park at HRC, daily. So, if you Uber over and back, you would probably break even.

I drive into Chicago once in awhile, the driving does not bother me. It is the possibility of getting lost and losing vacation time. I might check out the cost of GPS in the vehicle. I saw today we land 8:25 ish, I thought we landed 9:30am Ish. Thanks.

I trust a smart phone! And that's a great price for the car.

Imo driving in the airport Celebration Disney universal areas is easy. Chaotic but easy. With a few bits to understand. :)

I4 is an east west highway. But when in the universal and wdw area it runs northish southish.

If you're going what looks northish on the map, you're on east 4. If you're traveling southish on it, you're on west 4.

Following Tampa signs means West 4 and you'll hit wdw way before Tampa. Following Orlando signs means you're on East 4. Once it hits Orlando proper (well up beyond universal) it starts to veer properly east and you'll end up in the Atlantic Ocean if the Daytona police don't stop you first.

When you're on wdw property dump using the gps or cellphone. Follow the signs. Know what area you're going to. Going to beach club? That's Epcot area so look for those signs first. Then it'll narrow down to boardwalk beach club etc. Have one navigator. One. Whose face isn't in the phone. Listen to the navigator. If a turn is missed don't freak out. You will always find your way back around (just don't follow signs to get on toll roads etc).

And...the navigator needs to know that Disney defends its trademarks robustly (as one must), so most hotel and park signs start with "Disney's". It makes it very difficult to read quickly if you're sifting mentally through all that. Try to start ignoring that part of "Disney's Animal Kingdom" and "Disney's Old Key West" resort etc.

(And the road around mco is a ring so don't freak out if you miss a turnoff. Just go back around.)

Have ones and a roll of quarters for the tolls if you don't want to use the rental agency's toll system.

Explaining all of this is harder than driving in the area IMO.

I drive into Chicago once in awhile, the driving does not bother me. It is the possibility of getting lost and losing vacation time. I might check out the cost of GPS in the vehicle. I saw today we land 8:25 ish, I thought we landed 9:30am Ish. Thanks.
The only time I've gotten turned around (lost) in WDW was the one time I used GPS to get me from MK to Sanford Intl! I ended up entering Epcot!!! Good thing I have an AP and don't pay to park!!!
The signage is very easy to follow, even from MCO!

Thanks bumbershoot your reply was very helpful. With your explaination I decided to go for it. I reserved the size car I normally drive at home. When there they gave my a upgrade to a full size, which is still basically the size I drive but with a larger trunk which I took cause two girls brought medium size luggage.
I printed directions from home to where I wished to travel but really I was able to follow signs as you suggested. I hit target the first night twice by myself cause the first time I did not have my wallet just my Magicband! I did go the wrong way back to AK so I just looped around to it. I took the girls to Hard rock hotel for the universal days and it was so easy I took myself back to Disney springs then to AKL for an alone night :)
I asked at the last toll before the airport where to get gas, the employee told me go past the airport exit take the next one, turn right go 1/2 mile and gas station on the right then turn around and go straight back the way I came and I would run into the airport loop that you had mentioned. I drove 211 miles. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter