How long does it take...

Goofymum

<font color=purple>SIMS Junkie<br><font color=gree
To get from Magic Kingdom to the Wilderness lodge via the boat? I thought it would be fun to take a boat ride to the WL but I wanted an idea of how much time to allow..and also are they ecv accessible?

Thanks!
Jamie

The boat will make a 1 stop at the Contemporary resort, the time between the MK and the WL resort will be around 10 min

The Red Flag Boat is a direct boat from the Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge, the actual ride is about 10 minutes but it will take longer as you may have to wait for a boat to arrive plus unload and load.

There are two types of boats that operate between the Lodge and the Magic Kingdom one is a smaller Motor Launch that holds appx 30 guest are open to the elements and require a guest to transfer from wheelchairs to the boat with a step down. (strollers also need to be folded)

The larger boat is a Motor Cruiser holds appx 150-200 guest. Guest traveling in wheelchairs or ECV's have access without transferring from chairs and strollers may also be left open and rolled directly on board.

Note:There is a Warning posted on the dock that states that due to water levels access to wheelchairs /ECV's may not be able to load. (thus the Direct Bus access between Wilderness Lodge and the Magic Kingdom) In over twelve years of visiting Wilderness Lodge I have never seen anyone in a wheelchair or ECV ever not be able to board. Most of the boat is enclosed with AC in the summer and Heat in the winter.

There is no boat service between the Contemporary Resort and Magic Kingdom so the direct boats will not and do not stop at the Contempotary Resort. :confused3

The boat will make a 1 stop at the Contemporary resort, the time between the MK and the WL resort will be around 10 min

Not true.

No WDW watercraft from the MK stop at the CR.

Only the Motor Cruisers are ECV accessible in addition to the ferry boats running between the TTC and the MK. *** ECVs cannot be accommodated on motor launches under any circumstances. Currently, under normal operations, 1- motor cruiser and 1-motor launch serve the WL. (Red flag on the bow of the boat)

For complete up-to-date info on WDW Watercraft ops on Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, see the following:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1646456

Spacegirl - The main cabins of cruisers do not have heat or A/C (A/C only in the pilot house for the pilot.) + your boat capacities are way off, here are the correct firgures:

Motor Launch - 39 guests max
Motor Cruiser - 120 guests max

Spacegirl - your boat capacities are way off, here are the correct firgures:

Motor Launch - 39 guests max
Motor Cruiser - 120 guests max

Thanks for the information, I remember trying to count and then just asked on of the vrew members for the information.

Thanks for the information, I remember trying to count and then just asked on of the vrew members for the information.

Don't know where you got the info saying that the cruisers have heat and A/C - this is incorrect except that each cruiser pilot house has only A/C - no heat or A/C for the main cabin except as follows:

Heat: Guest body heat.
A/C: Natural from open windows.

Don' think a crew member would give you a 150-200 figure for the cruiser capacity as the correct boat details/stats must be known by a crew member before he/she is qualified to operate the boat.

We took the boat that went directly from MK to FW for the Hoop Dee Doo in June. Was fun, but I am glad we were there well in advance. There was quite a crowd waiting for the boat, we were one of the last ones on. Some people behind us had to wait for the next load. I always try to be early, so if we had missed it we still would have had plenty of time to wait for next boat....just keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter