How long does it take to walk from Pop Century to AoA?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
We have a standard room at Pop Century for one night. If we were to get the VERY furthest room from the bridge to AoA, about how long would it take to walk? I have an 11 year old and 13 year old that I thought might enjoy seeing the themes at AoA. Is it "ok" for them to walk over by themselves? I feel they are responsible enough to do it, but is it ok in Disney's policies? Thank you!

It takes around 5-10 min from the Pop busses to the other side of the bridge depending on how fast they walk. We often do that walk since we use the Pop busses when we just miss our AoA bus, but we are fast walkers, as is our 7yo son.

I think it will be perfectly fine for kids over 10 to walk around the resort alone but I did not go through the entire Disney rules before answering.

Last edited:

We stayed at Pop and walked to Art of Animstion, 5 minutes. We ate lunch there. And the theming at AofA was incredible.

They were meant to be sister resorts originally. A very easy walk, ten minutes tops from the farthest spot at Pop to AoA, I'd say, at a leisurely pace. (Which generally, for me, involves taking pictures.) Going over there would likely be a good experience for your kids for their first venture out without you. We enjoy going to different food courts to see what they have. Even if we're staying somewhere else we might hit Pop food court for the Parmesan chicken and tye dye cheesecake, for instance. Not sure what the specialties are at AoA.

Has anyone noticed signs instructing people with animals NOT to cross the bridge? (I have a stay booked at Pop and am concerned that people with dogs might try to push the limits and bring their animals to walk around Pop)

Has anyone noticed signs instructing people with animals NOT to cross the bridge? (I have a stay booked at Pop and am concerned that people with dogs might try to push the limits and bring their animals to walk around Pop)
I'm sure it's in the agreement people have to sign if they bring a dog to the resort.

I walked from the AoA bus stop to the 60s area of POP last September. Maybe 10 minutes? Piece of cake. Very pleasant.

It's easy. When we stay at POP, we catch whichever bus has the shortest line coming back from the parks.

I didn't notice any signs when I walked through last week. We took the bus to AoA and walked back to Pop. They are supposed to stay in the dog walking areas, but a few reports from other resorts seem to indicate it's not always being policed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter