How long does check in take?

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out our ADRs and deciding if I should book an 11am at Ohanas the day we check in at Disney. But I'm not sure how long it should take for us to actually check in at POR.

We will be staying in Orlando offsite the night before so we can head over to Disney first thing, check in and head off to the parks or whatever. I'm just trying to figure out how early we'd really need to be up and moving to get checked in, leave our bags and make it to Ohanas.

Any ideas on how long check in usually takes? I really can't remember but it didn't seem like much time our last trip. Maybe a half hour including dropping our bags?

TIA
Heather

I'm trying to figure out our ADRs and deciding if I should book an 11am at Ohanas the day we check in at Disney. But I'm not sure how long it should take for us to actually check in at POR.

We will be staying in Orlando offsite the night before so we can head over to Disney first thing, check in and head off to the parks or whatever. I'm just trying to figure out how early we'd really need to be up and moving to get checked in, leave our bags and make it to Ohanas.

Any ideas on how long check in usually takes? I really can't remember but it didn't seem like much time our last trip. Maybe a half hour including dropping our bags?

TIA
Heather

The actual check-in time for us has been about 10 mins ... but we usually get there between 7:00AM and 7:30 AM with pretty much no one else around and our luggage is still with the ME. :confused3
If the room is ready and since you already have your luggage with you, half and hour sounds about right. If you find you are running late you can always leave your luggage with bell services and deal with it later

It depends on a few things...how many people are checking in ahead of you, the time you arrive, also which resort you are checking into, and the time of year, ie during peak or quieter seasons. I have heard some people at the value resort wait for a hour and a half. I personally have only waited maybe 5 minutes, the longest wait was the dolphin I think it was like 15 minutes, no biggie. Let's hope for a quick check in for you too!

We have checkedit at all times of the day and have never waited more then 30 min

We have never waited more than 20-30 at the most. BUT as the PP mentioned - it will depend on when you check in (time of day and time of year) - We checked into POP on the Friday of a holiday weekend and only had a 5 minute wait - but we did online check in.
If you don't care about your room location and are concerned about the wait you may want to consider that as an option. :)

Hmm. I guess there could be a lot of variables. I think if it stays under a half hour we should be fine. Of course the next question is how long will it take to drive from POR to the Poly. I know they always say with Disney transportation to figure one hour from point a to b but driving should be faster than that I hope.

I am avoiding online check in as we did make a special request.

We have never traveled with all three kids and my sister as well. Just trying to figure out if we can manage to make this ADR.

Thanks for the info!

Heather

Depends. What day of the week are you checking in? We've checked in on a Thursday around 9am and it took 10 mins. Another time, we checked in on a Saturday around 11am which was far busier with all the people checking in and out. Took about 35-40 minutes. Another thing to take into account is if you have room requests. If you do, there is a chance you may have to re-iterate your requests and the CM may have to move some things around to accommodate you. This happened to us and tacked on another 20 minutes while they accommodated us. Not complaining, just saying to allow for that if you have requests.

We are checking in on a Friday morning shooting for 9/9:30. We requested a ground floor room closer to the restaurant and south depot bus stop.

We are checking in on a Friday morning shooting for 9/9:30. We requested a ground floor room closer to the restaurant and south depot bus stop.
Heather,
May I ask what date this friday morning is? The "Season" may make a difference for that time of the morning.

Sure. It's May 17th.
At least that falls into the "Regular" season category ... Since normal check-in time is 3 pm (I think), I don't think it should be too bad :confused3
I'd probably go with your original 30 min estimate to be on the safe side. We''ll be there in mid April and I guess we'll find out first hand.

At least that falls into the "Regular" season category ... Since normal check-in time is 3 pm (I think), I don't think it should be too bad :confused3
I'd probably go with your original 30 min estimate to be on the safe side. We''ll be there in mid April and I guess we'll find out first hand.

It's definitely not a prime check-in time, but it will be a prime check-out time. When we had a long wait, it was a Saturday at 11am and the majority of people were settling their bills rather than checking in. Either way, I wouldn't expect there to be a big wait. Fridays aren't as bad as Saturdays or Sundays.

We've never waited more than 10-15 minutes for check in but we've usually checked in at off times (after 6pm or before 11am)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!