How long did you wait on the DVC direct buy waitlist?

Knh711

Earning My Ears
We are looking to buy a contract at BLT, but we were just curious how long the waitlist was for anyone that wished to buy?

I’ve only ever been on the waitlist once years ago (2013) for VGC points and it took about 2 months. Usually you are just a ROFR away from getting your points but Disney still has to wait for them to close and transfer back to them too.

I had BLT after the pandemic and when they opened I got it straight away.

But then I was on VGF for several months and decided to come off.

I was also on SSR before the price increase for 1 month before I decided to come off

On Sept 29th I expected to be waitlisted for Oct UY points at OKW but they had 2020 points available so bought a small add on.

Beach Club a couple months first contract
Then second one came right after that ! Wished they would have changed Use Year because I had AKL in different Use Year

We were on waitlist for VGF twice - once it was about a week, the second time it was only 3 days or so. I guess it really just depends on how many points you want to buy - ours were both small add-ons. Our guide advised us to get on the waitlist for the maximum we might possibly want, and they would offer us anything that came up below that maximum amount. We ended up getting the amount we originally wanted both times, but it might be worth going up a few more points if you're at a strange number

We've bought 3 small contracts direct over the years and had no wait for HHI or BWV. We were really lucky and I had expected to be waiting. Nice surprise!

I bought BLT direct in January for Aug uy and no wait. Might have helped that it was a small contract.

I should add I have Aug UY.

When I asked about SSR, they had 2022 points but not 2021 points. So I guess they needed to ROFR a few first.

Is there even a waitlist? When is the UY you want could be that they just don't want to give current year points.

We were on the waitlist back when we first bought on BRV just long enough to cross into the new UY (in other words, we wanted a SEP UY, tried to buy in August, got put on a waitlist, and the waitlist cleared on 9/1, after we would no longer get the prior UY points).

Way back when DVC could not change use years we were on a waitlist for BWV. We were waiting for months. Then they raised the price for direct, I can’t remember how much but I want to say around $25-30 per point more. The next day they called. We declined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter