How long did it take for you to find your perfect resale contract?

Tiger926

DIS Veteran
We have had exceptional service thus far from TSS - emails, phone calls, and mailings. They have been great!

It's been about 3.5 weeks since we've been actively looking for a resale, and at this point, the initial excitement has worn down. Has this happened to anyone else? I am a beyond patient person as I'm a Special Education teacher, as well as a mom, so it's not about patience. It's that after a few weeks, we now see that we can make our points work, so why bother to purchase a resale anymore?

We would like to purchase 75-100 points at either Saratoga or Animal Kingdom, with a June use year, so these contracts seem hard to come by. Also, it seems as if the contract prices have crept up a bit over the past few weeks as well.

So, how do you all deal with the waiting game for resale? I'm sure some of you will say that you solve this by buying from Disney, but this isn't an option for us. We aren't interested in spending that money for points at this time as it's not necessary.

Just wondering if anyone else while they were playing the waiting game, decided not to purchase the resale afterall?

Tiger

We too had problems finding a contract under 100 points for a February use year. We were thinking of a 75 point contract. Then we realized 100 points might be better and within days we saw a contract on the emails sent to us from the TSS.

Is your agent at the TSS keeping an eye out for a 75 - 100 point contract at AKV or SSR with a June UY for you? Sometimes the smaller contracts don't even make it to the email list, because the agents grab them for customers that are ready to buy.

I'm not sure what to tell you on how to deal with the waiting. As I'm not very good at myself. Waiting to pass ROFR was really hard.

Try not to get to discouraged.

I would extend my search to all resale brokers to improve my odds of finding what I want.

Thank you both for the info. We did tell our agent what we were interested in, but based on her info, and other posts I've read on here, I was under the impression that it was a misconception that listings are not advertised and are pulled for certain clients.

I thought all listings went out in the email, so that it was fair for all. They do get snapped up as people contact them to purchase based on the email listings.

We are checking other resale sources as well, and have not seen our perfect contract yet.

Thanks, Tiger :)

I got really lucky and found my 50 point BWV contract within 24 hours after I decided to buy. I put the offer in, it was accepted, and I was a member about a month later. I feel like my purchase was really meant to be considering how quickly small contracts get snapped up, and this one was just wainting for me on the TSS site!

Melissa

I placed a bid on 3 different small point contracts at OKW with two different brokers. The first broker told me I wasn't serious about buying because she thought my offer was too low. I was told the seller refused that offer and told the other bid was pulled by the seller. I am still waiting to hear back from the second broker on the 3rd offer and that was about a month ago. I was "told" the seller was probably out of town and could not be reached. It appears this is a tactic SOME brokers use when multiple offers are made to try and get a higher price. I understand trying to get the best deal for the seller since it is they who pay the commission to the broker. I do wish this broker would have at least shown me the courtesy to email me back and told me my offer was not accepted.

I then placed a bid with **** ***** at **********. This offer was accepted and we are currently waiting for ROFR from Disney. My dealings with **** thus far have been everything I would expect and could hope for in this process.

I have subscribed to The Timeshare Store's email list but to date, they have not had the specific point size and UY I was looking to purchase. I have read they are also excellent to deal with and maybe the right contract for me will be offered in the future.

So far, we have been actively looking for the right contract for us for about 6 weeks. I am patient so if it takes us months to get the right point size, UY and resorts we want, that is okay with me. Good luck to all.

I lack sufficient patience to buy resale. When I got tired of waiting, I'd just pickup the phone and call my DVC guide.

Once I discovered DVC, I knew the only way I could afford it was through resales. I saved for two years to acquire what I wanted to spend. Once I had it, finding a resale was the easy part. I found a loaded 210 point OKW resale and closed within 50 days (back in 2000). I started the process in late Jan and had my 1st DVC stay on Mar 14. I used Jackie Apetz before she joined with **** and the whole process was a breeze.

We wanted a slightly larger contract than the one you are looking for; we wanted 100-150 points at either BWV or BCV. I didn't actually contact any broker, I just went to the websites of several brokers fairly often. I had mentioned to our guide what we wanted as well, but he kept insisting that Disney didn't have it available in our UY.

Exactly what we were looking for popped up about 4 weeks after I started actively looking. It was at the upper end of the points we were thinking about for our second contract (150), but it was fully loaded with that year's points with the previous year's points banked. For us, it was worth the wait.

Thanks to all - we are still looking, but it is not as urgent as it was. We are really using our points more carefully now. DH is a banker, so that guy dreams of spreadsheets, and we have a nice spreadsheet with all resorts, points, etc. and we plug it in with our info. It shows us exactly what we can use with our 300 points for our time in July. We can make out pretty well, but using a combination of studios. Our baby is only 2, and our DD is 6, so right now, we can throw in a few studios (don't care for them as much as 1 beds), and make it work without borrowing at all.

Thanks, Tiger :)

We went through TSS and it worked out great. We found the right size contract we wanted and made it through ROFR.

About a week once we found out that we could afford it.. the wait was very tough, but well worth it!

Less then an hour! We set down found a loaded contract called made offer closed 30 days later! Got the 160 pts we wanted + 64 banked points. TSS used Jamie was seamless! Shawnpirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter