How is the walk from Disney Springs to the nearby Holiday Inn?

Seabean

Mouseketeer
As best I can tell using Google maps distance measuring, the distance from the Holiday Inn to Disney Springs is about 2000 ft (not quite a half mile) This is maybe the same distance as walking from the Contemporary to the MK.

How is this walk? Are there usable pathways? Is it safe? Has anyone here done it?

I'm guessing you mean the HI Orlando Lake Buena Vista that's near Apopka-Vineland Rd?

(Clearly not that one, so edited to remove distracting info)

Last edited:
I'm guessing you mean the HI Orlando Lake Buena Vista that's near Apopka-Vineland Rd?

Haven't stayed there, but that'll be quite a trek with I-4 being a very heavily traveled route. Apopka-Vineland is pretty hectic as well. You'd be looking at a heckuva hike to get beyond the big hotels across from DS.

I checked the Apple Maps walking time to get there. You must go north from DS to where LBV drive meets Apopka-Vineland. Clear over to that HI is actually about 2 miles.

No, not advisable at all.

I think she means the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. It's right on Hotel Plaza, less than half a mile from World of Disney.

OP, I have stayed there and it has good sidewalks and lots of people walk in to/from DS. I wilt in the heat, and have a car, so I drive the 2 minutes down the road to DS but many, many other guests were walking back and forth everytime I've stayed there.

I think she means the Holiday Inn at Disney Springs. It's right on Hotel Plaza, less than half a mile from World of Disney.

OP, I have stayed there and it has good sidewalks and lots of people walk in to/from DS. I wilt in the heat, and have a car, so I drive the 2 minutes down the road to DS but many, many other guests were walking back and forth everytime I've stayed there.
Ohhhh, huh, weird. Don't recall seeing that one at all even though we drive to WDW.

That's nothing new. I'm a map reader, not a landmarks type.

Thanks for the correction.

There’s a pedestrian bridge over the road and then a sidewalk the whole way. It’s not a bad walk, I’ve walked it several times.

Somewhat related question (I tried asking on the transportation board but didn't get a response) - is there any issue walking from the Disney Springs hotels to Saratoga Springs in the morning before DS is open? The walking paths appear to enter DS.

Somewhat related question (I tried asking on the transportation board but didn't get a response) - is there any issue walking from the Disney Springs hotels to Saratoga Springs in the morning before DS is open? The walking paths appear to enter DS.
You are free to walk to SSR from DS

You have to go through security to enter DS..I don’t know if there is a way to bypass security and directly access the walkway to SSR. I think DS opens by 9a. I don't know what time security opens. Take a bus or rideshare from your resort for rope drop.

Edited to add I think the security for both is at the same location. My guess is you should be able to.

Last edited:
We have stayed at the Holiday Inn DS many times, there are good footpaths and bridges to DS, it takes around 8-10 minutes to walk it.
The route has street lights and we have always found it to be safe for walking.
In the evenings there was a free regular bus from the hotel to DS west side car park every 30 minutes pre COVID, I'm not sure if this has been reinstated, best to check with reception at the hotel.

As best I can tell using Google maps distance measuring, the distance from the Holiday Inn to Disney Springs is about 2000 ft (not quite a half mile) This is maybe the same distance as walking from the Contemporary to the MK.

How is this walk? Are there usable pathways? Is it safe? Has anyone here done it?
We stayed there a few years ago. At that time you still had EMH and a shuttle to the parks. The walk to DS was not bad with the walkways going over the intersection now.

Prior to them building the walkway, it was a bit of a nightmare to get thru that intersection during busy times. Now it's easy peasy.

In regards to walking to SSR in the morning, you should be able to walk over the pedestrian bridge from the hotel area and then take the sidewalk that goes along the back-side of Earl of Sandwich and the stores along that stretch. That will take you to the boat launch area and you can walk across the bridge there and that takes you to SSR. Just be aware that when you come back to DS from SSR, you will have to go through the DS security, and that isn't set up at every entrance to DS, so you may have to walk a little further to get to an entrance that has Security set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter