How is September?

Magicmousefan

Earning My Ears
So my family and I are planning our next Disney World trip. YAY! :mickeyjumWe were thinking the last week of September. I am hoping y'all can give some advice on whether that's a good time. As far as weather and crowd. The last time we went was in July, eeek! :sunny:

We visited the world start to mid september last year and except for IRMA the weather was great. the crowd levels was ok not too bad. So with that in mind, I think you should start planning :-)

Hot, humid, possible rain. Crowds are not low like they use to be, more moderate, I guess. There’s no low time at Disney any longer, but not as busy as the summer. We go mostly in September. Last year we rode out hurricane Irma there. A lot of others canceled, but we’re from LA & we're use to hurricanes, so it didn’t bother us. Also, it was just 2 adults, so we didn’t mind laying around for 2 days w/o maid service. If we would’ve had children with us, it probably would’ve been a different story.
Hope y’all have a nice trip. :tinker:

Hot, humid, possible rain. Crowds are not low like they use to be, more moderate, I guess. There’s no low time at Disney any longer, but not as busy as the summer. We go mostly in September. Last year we rode out hurricane Irma there. A lot of others canceled, but we’re from LA & we're use to hurricanes, so it didn’t bother us. Also, it was just 2 adults, so we didn’t mind laying around for 2 days w/o maid service. If we would’ve had children with us, it probably would’ve been a different story.
Hope y’all have a nice trip. :tinker:

We stayed during Irma too, it was our first hurricane we are from Scandinavia and we rarely sees the big hurricanes. We stayed at Poly and VGF and decided to take this as an experience.

We went early September in 2016 crowds were at a minimum, walked on for nearly everything (exclude 7DMT and the new Frozen ride at the time), did not feel like loads of people were there really. But the biggest hassle was the heat!!! It was awful, the humidity was through the roof and that was the major part to the heat. When we were there it rained nearly everyday, one day it was the leftover bits of hurricane that went through Mexico. The rain during that was a constant downpour for a good 5 or so hours, instead of little bouts of rain throughout the day. Overall I would brave the heat again for those crowds in early September.

We have been in Sept a few times... The Last time it was semi hot.. not terrible and crowds were low to manageable. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go in Sept again.. in fact, if i had my druthers, Sept/Oct would be the top of my list for months to visit WDW...

It's been awhile since we've been able to go in September so I can't accurately comment on the crowd situation. It used to be super low. I imagine it's still a lot better than October in that respect. Most years if there is a hurricane, the Disney area is not hit as hard as it was last year. Sometimes it will just be really rainy, but the kind of rain that you can still put on a poncho and tour the parks in. In fact, some of our best times have been in the rain when the parks cleared out some. Do be prepared for extreme humidity.

If you're interested in these kinds of things - the Food and Wine Festival is on at Epcot and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is held on certain nights at Magic Kingdom (ticketed event, but a lot of fun to 'trick or in treat' in the park). Even if you don't go to the party, Magic Kingdom is still decorated for Halloween with Mickey Pumpkins, etc. all kid friendly.

We were there last September (2017) just after Irma. That time of year is about as good as it gets. Epcot had F&W. Crowds were manageable. Weather was mid-80s most days. We are planning another short trip for early September this year.

Hot, and humid. *But*, if there is any slow season left at Disney at all, it's this time of year.

We go every September for Food and Wine. It's still hot and humid. Crowds used to be in the 2-4 out of 10 but lately have been in the 5-6 range....which is still better than peak.

We've been a few times in Sept. Most recently the last few days of Sept and into Oct. Its is still hot and very humid! But we do enjoy food & wine.

Im from Texas so the heat doesnt bother me. Im mainly concerned with torrential rain. I can deal with scattered showers especially for Disney :smickey:

It's been many years since we went in September (2011) but it was such a great trip! The weather was less humid, but still very warm, the crowds were low AND Food & Wine was going on. Someday I'll get back there for that. . . We usually go in August since our kids are older and we don't want to take them out of school. They LOVED the food F&W. It was a nice change.

We were there last sept 23rd- Oct 1st. Crowds were between 4-6 rating. First 5 days it was 90* with Friday and Saturday a little better as we had some rain. I’m from San Antonio Texas and the humidity in Orlando was bad. Really bad!!! Caught us a little off guard. Didn’t think it would be that hot as the regular temp that time of year said 86*. That number didn’t exist. We had two MNSSHP nights and one of the days we had a park ticket too. Probably the least crowded I’ve seen MK during the day. F&W at Epcot was amazing and really loved all the food, drinks and snacks that were there. HS was a 4 rating and I’m not sure it was even that crowded. We loved it as we had mitiple FPs for Toy Story (4), TOT (3) and RRC (2). AK was only busy at Pandora. Once we were done there in the first 2 hrs we had no long waits for Dinosaur and picked up multiple FPs for EE. Disney Springs was busy. Went there the first Saturday we were there and it was crazy busy. Overall I do feel the crowds were lower but we usually go during spring break or Thanksgiving. Hope this helped and enjoy your trip.

Too hot and humid for me. Not going in September again. Mid-September crowds were pretty good, though. If you can handle the heat, it's a good time to go.

Last week of September will probably be the most busy of the September weeks, but it shouldn't be too bad. September is typically the lowest crowd month. Of course, crowds at WDW are changing, so who knows what happens this year. I'm hoping it stays low, though, because we are going Labor Day week.
I expect it to be hot and busy, but on the low end of Disney busy-ness. It's always busy.

Last time we did a September trip (3rd week in Sept) we had some of the hottest most humid weather we've seen over dozens of trips. We had temps in the low 90s with humidex temps feeling like 104°to 108° most days. Rain was daily, mostly mid day as opposed to late afternoon on our August trips... most often brief but giving no break in the humidity.

Crowds were very low, no real wait times for most attractions.

I prefer mid-October but late September is a fine time to go. The only bad time that entire month is Labor Day weekend. It will rain in the afternoons and be humid as the tropics...but you're at Disney World so who cares.

HOT.....humid, and.......HOT. Oh and throw in a lot of rain. But crowds are low.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!