How is POP?

karmalicousss

Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!!!!!! :)
Hey everyone, We are staying in POP in August and was wondering how good POP is. We are staying in the 50's or 60's maybe 70's so any reviews would be great!!! :)

We stayed there during Easter week last year. We booked a preferred room and were pretty close to the main bldg. The bussing was great since POP is the only resort on the run. The food court was also great, big and lots of seating. The room was clean but a little tight for us but great to just crash. Hope this helps! Have fun!!!! :goodvibes

We loved our stay at Pop -- we were in the 60s building and were close to the pools, food court, and transportation. It is a really fun resort to stay at!

We stayed at POP last April and are heading there again this April. We were in the 80's in room 9218 and 9219, connecting rooms. It was a short walk across the 90's parking lot to Classic Hall and the buses. This year we decided to book 2 preferred rooms. Here are some photos of POP:
http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_pop.htm

http://allearsnet.com/acc/pcss.htm

The foodcourt was great with lots of variety. It can get quite hectic in the morning. Here are a couple of links for the menus:
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_popb.htm
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_popct.htm

The Everything POP shop has lots of park merchandise and just about anything else you would need.

The rooms were adequate with 2 double beds. My DH and I were in one room and our "kids", my DD, DS, and his DGF (all in there 20's) in the other room. We got 5 towel animals while we were there. This was the first time I've ever gotten any. Noise was not a problem where we were. We would stay at the parks relatively late and once I hit the pillow I was out.

The buses were always full. I think during the whole week we were there we got a seat maybe once. Most of the time we had to stand. Getting back to POP after Wishes at MK was also an adventure. The POP bus stop is the last one and always has the longest line. There would be 2 buses at a time loading POP guests. Word to the wise: hang out at MK after Wishes as long as possible to avoid the mad rush!!!

Here are a couple of great threads you might want to check out

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=698727

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=21626944#post21626944

We stayed at POP a few years ago in the 50's section (pool view). We all liked it a lot. There were 3 of us then. Now that we are 4, I think the rooms will be a bit tight for us on a long term stay.

Having said this, we generally book-end our long term stays at DVC with at least 1 night at POP, mainly due to the higher point cost for weekends at DVC. Best of both worlds.

CS is really good there. Big selection of food. Pools are nice (although 60's pool is the only one with a snack bar).

Theming is perfect for small children (if a bit jarring for us old fogeys at times :goodvibes ).

August will be hot. I always make friends with the pool bartender during hot stays......:lmao:

We just stayed at Pop 2/3-2/9. We had 3 adults and 4 children, so we had 2 adjoining rooms which was nice. It was still tight, but they were clean and we just used them to sleep. We stayed in the 50's section, so it got to be a hike with small children by the end of the day. The pools also were fine. The kids got to swim twice, the bowling pool was very calm. Those are the positives.
If you have small children who by the end of the day need to be carried, please be aware you will have aching backs. We have a 2 1/2 and almost 4 year old, but they were worn out by the end of the day and we had decided to just rent strollers instead of bringing our own. Thank goodness our 7 and 9 year old could walk, but they were tired from standing on the buses alot of the time. The buses for POP were always the longest. The line would cheer and clap when a bus would pull up. If you leave the park at the end of the day, be prepared to wait. We had done alot of research on where to stay and I think a lot of other people did also because this hotel was packed for this time of year.
The noise level in the lobby/gift shop/cafeteria was always very loud. If you want to eat breakfast before heading to parks, plan to do so very early. One morning we went to eat 830 and we waited over 30 min just to get food and then get in another line to pay which then was cold and with small children this is very difficult. Needless to stay, we did not do that again and opted for the character breakfasts after that. Also, if you are coffee drinkers (Nescafe is what they have) it is an experience to go get that in foodcourt every morning. Definitly get the refillable mugs.
If your kids are older this would be a great place, but after this experience we were sold on the vacation club and decided we want to vacation with more space and luxury.:banana:
We love Disney and had a fabulous time, but are looking forward to the AKV for our next experience.

POP has a cult following. Ive stayed there my last 5 trips. :goodvibes

We tried Pop in 2004 and hated it. We had the worst service from the CM's & Mousekeeping there. Buses were slow and the food in the foodcourt was just nasty. We won't go back.

We Love the POP !! We are trying the Wilderness Lodge this year- 11/30 to 12/07 & I will upload photos of that trip & hotel when we return. Here you go!!

DCP_1391.jpg

DCP_1187.jpg

DCP_1009.jpg

DCP_1484.jpg

DCP_1473.jpg

DCP_1471.jpg

778445935405_0_ALB1.jpg

516695935405_0_ALB1.jpg

236275935405_0_ALB1.jpg

229206935405_0_ALB1.jpg

:santa: :santa: :santa:

DH & I are definitely in the minority - we WON'T be going back to POP. We had the most unmagical vacation there in Sept. 2007. Too many issues to go into again..............Disney CRO did make reparation for the issues after an email and a phone call. We've now switched to ASMu for a much quieter and more "magical" vacation. While we were at ASMu in January we only shared a bus with the other resorts 1 time & it was great. The bus lines at POP were much longer coming and going so it was so nice to have a resort like ASMu to stay in especially since it's been refurnished!! POP is beginning to show it's wear and tear and needs to be up-dated like the AllStars have been. :goodvibes ............. JMHO.................:goodvibes

We enjoyed our stay there. We stayed very close to main building but we drove down and parking was kind of far from building. The food court was good and convient. It was sometimes crowded in early AM but doable. I would go back again.
Enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

We Love the POP !! We are trying the Wilderness Lodge this year- 11/30 to 12/07 & I will upload photos of that trip & hotel when we return. Here you go!!
:santa: :santa: :santa:

thanks for the pictures. I love the reminder of what I have to look forward to on 3/15/08 & 3/23/08.

I am sooooo ready to get more pieces for my Mr. Potato Head and get my fix of frozen cokes........

We love Pop-stayed there 3 times. We've been in '70s buildings 10 and 6 and liked both locations. 10 is closer to food court and buses, 6 is by the lake.

We have stayed there twice, with enjoyable stays both times. Our room(s) were spotless and I love the theming and food court. I think all resorts have their fans and foes, WDW is a huge place and it goes to reason not everyone can have a super experience. But overall, I think Pop seems to get very good reviews. Just go in knowing it will be full of kids and families, the rooms are a bit small and that buses at any resort, Pop included can be hit or miss. I say give any WDW resort a try and if anything goes wrong, bring it up when it happens.

I do love the food court but agree that at peak times its crowded. In fact all the food courts at the values and mods are that way, so if you go at a peak time, allow plenty of time.

I will definitely stay there again.

Oh forgot to add that we have stayed in the 60's building, our room was third floor right above the baby pool and it was very quiet. I loved that location but was also glad I wasn't in a first floor room right at the main pool. We also stayed in the 80's section which was very quiet and while it wasn't a long walk, I did find I prefer to be preferred and close to the food court and bus stop!

We stayed this past August and we were not taken with it....it was busy and hectic. The issue were more personal then anything.....

On the good side...

The rooms (especially the bathroom) were always clean. The beds were comfy but they are ONLY full-size. THe icons are the hotel were neat to see and my DDs liked it!

on the down...
My DH is 6'4" and could not sleep comfortable on the bed (again personal issue), the 60's pool always see crowded, so try the 50's pool or the 80's pool if you would like a little more peace....the dining room always seems messy and the food varity is so-so. My youngest wanted a hot dog, and it is NOT on the kids DDP, so I got the Hot Dog as my meal and I ate her "kids" meal. (Again, personal issue)

It was not my family's cup-of-tea, but you might really enjoy it.....

I liked it, but wouldn't stay there again unless I got a really, really great deal on it. It just felt disconnected to the rest of WDW for me. We stayed in the 50's Building #1. Very convenient to the pool and the main building.

Wasn't too fond of seeing the unfinished Legendary Years everytime we went to the parking lot though. That was sort of sad.

It was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have 9 year old son,this description is from one. It has styles from the '50's-'90's. I learned how to swim there!!:banana: we stay at the '5o's because it has it's own pool!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter