How is AK on an EMH morning?

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
We're going to AK for only 1 day (a Monday). Since its an EMH morning and I've never done EMH before at any park, I was just wondering how bad it actually is regarding the crowds.

I know the morning should be fine, but what about the rest of the day? Does it get really bad?

The last EMH morning at AK that we went to was okay. We pretty much had all of the "big" attractions done by noon or so. Good thing! By 1:30 the lines were enormous...90 minute wait for Kali, 120 minutes for EE.

On our last trip, it was the best time to be there! We did the safari (& got FP to ride again later), and rode EE twice within the first hour.

Based on the dates in your sig- if the Monday you are talking about is Aug 26, I will be there too! That is our first park day and we plan on hitting the ground running with AK EMH! Maybe we'll see you there!

We did the EMH AM at AK last week. We arrived at about 8:15 (the park opened at 8). We rode Everest first with a 5 minute wait, could have also used FastPass and done it again, but not everyone in our party was riding, so we just did it once. We walked on Kali River Rapids (again could have walked on it again). By then the line for the Safari was 1/2 hour so we got a FastPass and used those 30 minutes to have a refreshing frozen lemonade rather than standing in line! Did the Safari. Then we got a FastPass for Dinosaur before eating lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Lines at any park are usually longer in the afternoon, EMH or not. It pays to get to the park at opening and to use FastPass! We did Dinosaur after lunch and left the park to relax and avoid the crowds!

GL and have fun!

We walked through the gates right at 8:00 for an EMH a few weeks ago. We did the safari first. It did take us about 30 minutes to get through the line (which was longer than I expected that early) and then do the ride. After that, we got FPs for Everest, walked over to Dinoland and did the Triceratops spin (DD went on it 4 times with first me and then her dad), and the older kids and parents switched off for Dinosaur. We then saw the first Nemo show. After that and lunch, the boys did EE. So we had the majors done by about 1:30 or 2:00.

We found the crowds manageable, but I'm glad we were there early because it was busy, and that park is the hottest place to be in the heat. We've never been able to do everything there because we just can't last long enough to manage that.

We went last week (on Saturday) and it was great. We walked right on Safari, got fastpass for DH for EE, saw "Lion King", took pictures with all the characters at Camp MM, Saw "Tough to be a Bug", ate at pizzafari right when it opened, walked through one of the trails, and took DH back to ride EE, and rode Dinosaur. We left by about 12:30, just as it was getting very hot and crowded. We missed making it in for "Nemo" and decided not to hang around and wait for the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!