How good is shopping in Nassau

karenTX

Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!
I was wondering just how good is the fine jewelry shopping in Nassau? Has anyone gotten anything spectacular at a wonderful price? I'm asking because DH and I are debating waiting until we get there to buy something for my birthday rather then at the World of Disney shop at DTD or the jewelers on Main Street.
What do y'all think?
Thanks!!!

Hello! I am a complete shopaholic so I can definitely help you! I went to all of the different jewelry stores in Nassau. You should go to several before deciding on anything. I bought a gorgeous diamond and tanzanite ring in the Bay Street Jewellery Company which is inside a T-shirt store. I'm VERY happy with my ring. We asked for a discount and got the ring for about $500 and got a free pair of pearl earrings. They have lots of rings for $100 if you're not picky like me! I'm very pleased with the quality. I have a small body frame so I bought a petite ring with not much gold. The gold is starting to wear a bit but that's because it's so thin. When we were there, the Galleria Harbourside was selling little Tanzanite stud earrings for $9.95. Definitely worth buying. Tanzanite is the "in" thing to buy in the Bahamas and a good deal. I don't know if you know anything about Tanzanite or not, but the supply will run out someday, so it will appreciate in value. They also have other gemstones too-garnets, emeralds, topaz, etc. I suggest only shopping at the places recommended by Disney. Look at a few jewelry stores in your hometown to get price ideas so you don't get ripped off. Also, there will be a person on the ship with lots of shopping tips. She/He will even go to the store with you to make sure you get the best deal. We actually ran into the shopping person as I was buying my ring. There will be a shopping presentation on the ship that they will run repeatedly on your TV.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Kate

Thank you Kate!
Sounds like there are some good buys! I'm just afraid to buy something there and then get to WDW and find the prefect item there too! Hmmm, maybe one can count as my birthday and the other as Christmas???

Hi Karen!
You sound exactly like me! One for birthday and one for christmas. I use that excuse all of the time!!! I know what you mean about being afraid you'll find something better later. If it really is jewelry you are after, then definitely buy it in the bahamas. Jewelry at Disney is overpriced. (I help my parents with their gem and mineral shop, so I have a good idea) I was worried about buying my ring in Nassau and then finding a better deal in Freeport. So, when I saw the ring I loved I bought it and then didn't look for any more jewelry so that I wouldn't get disappointed! I shopped for other souvenirs instead! :D

Buy a pair of Arribas Bros. crystal earrings at the MK and that can be your jewelry purchase at Disney! They are only $8 and are beautiful. Look for the cubes set at an angle. Last time I was there, the selection had dwindled, but maybe they will have more now!

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter