How fast to Alaska Excurstions fill up?

Disneygal19

I love ºoº
I am a Silver member so I can book my Shore Excursions 90 days in advance, how fast do the excursions fill up? Has anyone ever not been able to get on one they wanted and if so which excursion was it? Thanks

We're Silver also and I booked at the 90 mark and got what I wanted; the mid price point dog sled tour in Juneau at 10:30 and the Rainforest Wildlife Sanctuary at the same time in Ketchikan. We did the White Pass & Yukon bus/RR trip in Skagway but booked through and independent operator, Chilkoot Tours. We did them vs. DCL because we would be with a smaller group (12) and they listed several photo op stops along the way during the bus portion of the tour. Good luck, it's an amazing vacation.

I have no idea how fast they fill up but Alaska is like the easiest cruise to book everything on your own. You will get more personal tours, better tour guides, less people on the tour and save a lot of money.

We booked:

Dog Sledding on Glacier in Juneau through Coastal Helicopters
Whitepass Rail and Yukon in Skagway through Chilkoot Charters
Bearing Sea Crab directly from them in Ketchickan

The Disney Exclusive excursions fill up very quickly. You won't have to worry much about the rest of them though. We were first time cruisers when we booked and aside from the Disney exclusives, we were able to book every excursion we wanted for everyone in our party of 7.

I should caveat that this was our experience for our August sailing. Your mileage may vary. :cool1:

The Disney Exclusive excursions fill up very quickly. You won't have to worry much about the rest of them though. We were first time cruisers when we booked and aside from the Disney exclusives, we were able to book every excursion we wanted for everyone in our party of 7.

I should caveat that this was our experience for our August sailing. Your mileage may vary. :cool1:

I'm confused. What do you mean by the Disney Exclusive excursions? Could you name a couple for me so that I understand. TIA!

Thank you so much, I have been concerned about being shut out but knowing there hasn't been trouble is great! We are going in August!!

I'm confused. What do you mean by the Disney Exclusive excursions? Could you name a couple for me so that I understand. TIA!

There are some excursions that include character appearances that are listed as "Disney Exclusive". You'll see them as you look through the list of everything available. Most excursions are available to all cruise lines even if you book them through DCL, except those Disney Exclusive ones. Those tend to book up very quickly. On all of our excursions, everyone on that particular excursion were from DCL. There are usually at least three ships in port at the same time though so you'll sometimes find passengers from other lines with you on the same trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!