How far is......

I think it took us about 20 min the last time we went. Just take I-4 East to the Sand Lk Rd exit. There are signs on the Interstate to show you where to get off. There may be a back way but I was not adventurous enough to look for it.

Yes, there is a back way and you don't have to be that "adventurious". This way literally takes you out the back side of Disney.

Exit the FW campground, making a left turn on Vista Blvd.

Follow this road around to the T-intersection with hwy 535 where you have to turn one way or the other. Turn Right.

Just keep following the road from here on. 535 will come to a traffic light and go right. HOWEVER, here leave 535 and go straight across the intersection. This will put you on Palm Parkway.

Palm Parkway pretty much parallel's I-4. I think you want to follow this to the 3rd light. (The first light would be a right turn to go to Sea World, the 2nd light I believe goes to Sand Lake Rd, and the 3rd is the one you want. Double check for the sign that says Universal to the right.

Make a right turn at that intersection, and follow the road. It goes straight in and dead ends into the Universal parking lot.

Park the car and you're all set for Universal, IoA, and City Walk.

If you're coming from somewhere else in Disney, you can just head to the Downtown Disney area, then turn onto Hotel Plaza Blvd and head to Crossroads. At the crossroads intersection, turn left and go up one traffic light. There turn right. This puts you onto Palm Parkway.

The one thing nice about taking Palm Parkway is the traffic is very light. We've had occassions, coming back to Disney from Universal, where I-4 is bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic, while Palm Parkway is very light.

BTW, if you take I-4, you want the Universal Exit, not Sand Lake, so be sure to get into the correct lane. You'll be making a left turn off the exit ramp.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter