How far in advance do you book airfare?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
We've just booked the hotel portion of our May 2004 trip to WDW. I was looking online today and saw decent airfare from Boston to Orlando ($200). Is it wise and/or necessary to book this far in advance?

I'm not sure, but I'm pricing for our trip in March '04. If it gets to my goal price, I'm buying!

Make sure your price isn't too low. I could've bought for $220, but I waited and now it's $300! :mad: The good thing is since the trip'll be in October I still have time to wait for it to go back down. I hope. :cool:

Tonight the fare is $340. I'm a little upset. This is worse than the stock market in 1999: up, up, up!

If I buy now I just know it'll be lower later. Or will it?

Originally posted by laughinplace199
We've just booked the hotel portion of our May 2004 trip to WDW. I was looking online today and saw decent airfare from Boston to Orlando ($200). Is it wise and/or necessary to book this far in advance?

If $200 sounds good to you I would go ahead and book it. However I would be prepared for flight changes. Airlines change there schedules regularly and there will surely be changes betwen now and May 2004. Be calm and keep an eye on your ressie.

BUY NOW!!! That's a pretty good price!

I bought in January for Nov 29 - Dec 7 at $181 (Delta/Logan) and it's now at $380 and hasn't come down since!

Rates are crazy!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have the tickets on hold through the American Airlines website for 24 hours, and I think I'm going to buy them today. I know that the flight times may change, but I don't know if I'll get that fare again (American and Delta are the only airlines that fly nonstop from Boston to Orlando, and we don't fly Delta because they serve peanuts and our daughter is severely allergic to nuts. Therefore, American is our only choice for a nonstop flight).

(American and Delta are the only airlines that fly nonstop from Boston to Orlando, and we don't fly Delta because they serve peanuts and our daughter is severely allergic to nuts. Therefore, American is our only choice for a nonstop flight).

fyi, non-stops to Orlando via Delta from Logan are now operated by Song and they have a menu now. I don't think they serve peanuts anymore. I think the menu is on their website at www.flysong.com.

On our last trip, they served strawberry bars.

$200 is great for AA. We flew them last year!

beattyfamily, thanks for the info. on Song. Last night, we decided to buy the tickets we had on hold on American, but I will definitely look into Song for future trips!

beattyfamily, thanks for the info. on Song. Last night, we decided to buy the tickets we had on hold on American, but I will definitely look into Song for future trips!

I have no idea where in MA you are, but, if it is not impossible to get to in a reasonable amount of time, you might look at flights out of Providence. SWA has some great fares and great flight times. Also, Hartford.

I just lucked into $250 RT for President's week in 2004. I was wishy washy about it and waited too long and the prices went up. AA must have been running a sale though cause I was able to get direct flights at that price. I'm happy......

Good move RM.........we have been flying down to MCO during President week for the last 5 years. Whenever I find non-stop flights from Pittsburgh or Cleveland for less than $250 I book it immediateley.We have booked for next Feb with US AIR for $195 each(includes taxes)

I start looking at the earliest possible time to book(major airlines at 330 days) and if I find good times and flights $200 or less for non-stop, I jump on them.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I have no idea where in MA you are, but, if it is not impossible to get to in a reasonable amount of time, you might look at flights out of Providence. SWA has some great fares and great flight times. Also, Hartford.

Thanks for the suggestions. We're in Boston, so Logan is the most convenient airport for us. I did look into SWA out of Providence, but I was told that they serve nuts on their flights and that just won't work for us.

I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one looking at airfare 11 months in advance. My friends and relatives think I'm crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter