How far from VWL is Fort Wilderness?

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
I was just wondering if any of you who have stayed at VWL have gone over to Fort Wilderness for the campfire or pony rides, etc. How easy is it to get there from VWL?

You could walk to FW in about 15 min or bike there in about 7-10. The route is paved and there is also a dirt path that is nice. The bus goes there regularly and only takes a few minutes.
Its really not very far, We stayed at VWL in February and spent quite a bit of time at FW.

We were just there last week and we used the bus system to go to Ft. Wilderness twice. Once for Hoop Dee Doo Revue (which is a ton of fun by the way) and once for the campfire. The busses work great and we were there within a few minutes. I honestly didn't even know you could walk there so we never tried.

Once you get to the main area of Ft. Wilderness (the Settlement) you take another bus to the campfire (the place is huge). The campfire was okay - I was expecting something similar to Vero's campfire, which it is not. Getting a bus after the campfire to go back to the Settlement was another story, that took forever. We must have waited 1/2 hour.

You can also take a boat from WL to FW. it takes about 5 minutes, then you have to walk up to the campfire area behind the Meadows trading Post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter