How far do you book??

ladyfoundhertramp

Mouseketeer
We normally only plan and book our package around 4-5 months before. We are
Planning a large family trip in jan 2014. How far
Out do you normally book a trip to ensure everyone gets the resort/rooms they want?? I have heard only rooms can be booked at the 499 mark but packages won't open up until next summer. Thanks in advance

I like to book my package at least 6-7 months in advance. It just feels more legit when it is booked and the deposit is paid for. And we can make any ADR's that we need by the 180 day mark.

If you're going to have a big group, plan to make your ADRs 180 days out, whether you have booked the resort or not.

The advantage to having a resort reservation is you can make your first 10 days of ADRs 180 days out. Otherwise, you have to make each ADR 180 days out from the meal itself.

We always book a year in advance- actually just before we leave WDW each year. This way, we get first choice of rooms at the resort we choose, free dining plan, and we get to book dining reservations much earlier. If you don't go every year, then I suggest booking as early as possible. If a better deal comes along, D will always let you modify or upgrade.

We book as soon as a discount becomes available or right before 180 days, whichever comes first. :thumbsup2

It depends on how many rooms we need and how many people are going. If just 2 of us, we have booked 2 weeks out. When we use our DVC, then 7-11 months. Definitely farther out if you have a large group.

I always book as soon as the rates are available. Booked last month for POFQ in May 2013. We don't use the dining plan - just room only.

I've never booked more than 4 months before the trip. We just can't plan vacations that far in advance because we take 4 big trips a year, and I can only handle plans for one at a time. Most of the time we are lucky to plan 2 weeks in advance, but we go to Disney during slower periods so there hasn't been any problems getting the room or ADR's we want. We are thinking of doing a big family trip to Disney sometime next year, but I doubt anyone will cooperate in planning more than 6 months ahead so we will probably go to a TA for help with that.

Normally I book about 180 plus a few days ahead so I can get my reservations in. However, this trip I am praying for a bounce back so I can book before this trip is over :)

I am planning our trip for 12/2013 already! I am bouncing back between renting DVC points or booking either CBR or maybe POP. I will be totally booked by 10-12 months out...depending on what we decide to do!

We booked as soon as the vacation packages were opened for our dates of travel to ensure I got the hotel/view I wanted.

We book a year in advance and make payments along the way so it's PIF within 6 months. The remaining 6 months we put the same amount in our Disney Trip Fund. If/when AP or GP codes come out, we apply them and save even more money.:thumbsup2

We booked as soon as the vacation packages were opened for our dates of travel to ensure I got the hotel/view I wanted.
Us too! We booked in July (2012) for August 2013!:rolleyes1
I like to have things planned out, especially if it is a large group.
Best of luck!

We book a year in advance and make payments along the way so it's PIF within 6 months. The remaining 6 months we put the same amount in our Disney Trip Fund. If/when AP or GP codes come out, we apply them and save even more money.:thumbsup2
Great idea! Will be sharing with my DH.

We are DVC members and always book at 11 months out. (11 months is the window for DVC members to book rooms at the resorts they own at)

We try to book 9 months to 12 months ahead. If there is a decent bounceback available when we check in for the following year, we book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter