How far away from WDW is the retirement community called the "Villages"?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
My mother-in-law is moving there and telling us that it's only a 25 minute drive to WDW. I think she might be misinformed. Does anyone know for sure?

If she is talking about the Villages in Lady Lake which is in Lake County then that would be a little off. I think that would be around 45 mins to get there.

Not sure if that helps - that is the only area that I know of as the "Villages" :)

Mickey's Sunshine,
Is Lady lake near Ocala?? I looked on the Villages website and the address says

the Villages, FL

We stopped there last time we were over ( Kids wanted a burger in Wendys) and its a lovely place to retire to. All the facilities you could want.

Its quite far from WDW. Its on US 27 north of Clermont, so I'd guess 45 minutes would be a better estimate. Just for my own interest I'll try and work it out on MapQuest.

Thanks, MalcolmC! Even a 45 minute drive might not be tto bad if we really need a Disney fix!

Yes, the Villages that I know are right outside of Ocala in Lake County. It would not be a bad drive, even if it were only an hour away. I live about an hour and 15-20 mins away. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter