How easy to change booking with WDW UK?

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hello All,

So I booked 8 nights at SSR 1st may - 9th May, and 3 nights on the Disney Dream Bahama's cruise 9th May - 12th May 2013.

Unfortunatley I recently changed jobs for the better, but my new contract only permits me 10 conseuctive working days off, and as we are doing 4 nights in NYC first, I either cancelled the 4 nights in NYC or the 3 nights cruise.

After a long thought, I chose to cancel the cruise element, purely because we are staying with my friend in NYC and she moved out there 6 years ago and neither of us (ME and BF) have visited yet and I really don't want to dissapoint her!

Will it be easy enough just to cancel the 'cruise' element of my stay, I booked the cruise part directly with WDW Travel UK the same as my on-site stay. I haven't yet booked the flights (keeping an eye on prices) so that helps me! I think i'm well out of their days required for notice.

Does anyone know if theres a charge for making an amendment to the booking, I've read my T&C's but it isn't very clear (to me anyway!)

Many thanks in advance guys as always! xxx

I've changed my booking with them a few times. In fact I book accommodation first to lock in the deals and purposely book a shorter stay than I want so that when flights come up in my price range, I can change the dates accordingly, adding on the extra night(s) and have the amendment fee waived.

As long as you don't have flight inclusive, which you clearly don't, it's fairly straightforward. The amendment fee is charged at £50 (per person? - I don't recall as i've never actually been charged) only if you decrease the overall cost of your booking. If you increase the price by your change there is no charge (hence my strategy described above). So it is possibly that you will pay an amendment fee unless you are upgrading or adding to your existing reservation in place of the cruise. But the charge is nominal in the grand scheme of things

Please note that I have never done a cruise so I do not know whether there are different terms and conditions for amendments and cancellations with that aspect. Hopefully someone will be along soon to clarify for you

The amendment fee is charged at £50 (per person? - I don't recall as i've never actually been charged)

I've been charged once, taking the QSDP off my booking, and it was £50 per booking not per person.

But just like you said, if the final price is increased, then the amendment fee is waived.

for cruises, amendments of the departure date must be made 90 days before the cruise, or it's treated as a cancellation

from WDTC Terms and Conditions, section 10 article V

For Holidays which include a cruise: If the departure date is amended less than 90 days before the intended departure date specified in Your Confirmation Invoice, the Booking will be treated as cancelled and the cancellation fees outlined in Section 11 will be payable.

terms and conditions http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/Terms-Conditions.asp

Thank you!

So am I right in thinking I will be charged £50 to amend the booking. The cruise isn't until 9th May so well over 90 days away, and taking the cruise element off will decrease the cost of my booking so I expect a £50 fee will be payable! However I'd rather pay £50 then lose the £800 the cruise element was costing!

We'll just have to look at a cruise for 2014 instead :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter