How does the new boarding system work?

JohnathanS

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I've never been through the new boarding system. How exactly does it work? The earliest time available for us was 12:30-1:00. How do they assign our numbers, etc? Do you think there will be any Palo reservations left with such a later arrival time?

Thanks for all the help-- you all are the best!

With the new system...

You can get there a little earlier if you want.

They reuest that you wait until your check in time to actually check in. Unless it is a very busy cruise, it seems most people who are checking in around your time are getting their # and then going straight onto the boat with no more wait.

It is reported that they will still assign you a boarding # based on your assigned check in time if you try to check in earlier (so your # may be higher than the people who are checking in with you who have earlier assigned times)

As far as Palo, that is really tough to guess... but chances are by the time you get on, IF there is anything left it will be very limited... still doesn't hurt to get on the wating list :thumbsup2

We had a 1:00 Boarding on the Magic Spring Break week on FULL ship. I went to change my Ressie and there was a TON left.

Don't fret I was able to change my brunch and dinner with no problems even through online resissies weren't available!

Good luck hope this helps!

Stephanie

First point--how are you getting to the terminal? If you are using DCL transportation, your terminal arrival time (scheduled) really doesn't matter. If you are taking DCL transportation from MCO, you will actually check in for the cruise at the welcome center at MCO and will get a boarding card as you board the bus. You will get a better number than you would have at the terminal! If you are taking DCL transportation from WDW, you will be allowed to check in and board when you arrive on the bus.

OK, if you are using private transportation--you can arrive at the terminal early if you wish. However, your boarding card number will be based on your scheduled arrival time (it will do you no good to arrive early to try for a better boarding number). If you arrive early, you may be required to wait to enter the terminal until some of the crowd had been transferred to the ship as the terminal capacity cannot be allowed to exceed the fire regulations. Boarding starts at 11:45, so any time after that, you can normally get into the terminal without difficulty.

You will check in and get your pre-assigned boarding number. There is every chance that Palo will be available on a longer cruise. On a 3 night cruise....good luck! Check the Welcome Aboard navigator that you should get at check in for the times and location of Palo Ressies. On the Wonder, they didn't start till 1 pm and wouldn't allow guests to line up in advance! On the Magic, it was open upon boarding at 11:45. They are supposedly working to standardize things across the 4 ships, but who knows? Pay attention to the Navigator.

Thanks for all the advice! We are staying in Port Canaveral the night before, so will be arriving by taxi to the port.

There are only 2 of us, so hopefully that might help us with a Palo reservation. Worst case scenario, we are still going on a Disney cruise...and 3 days ago, we weren't :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter