How does Smuggler's Run rank in the lineup of Disney E-Ticket greatness?

What score do you give Smuggler's Run as an e-ticket attraction a scale of 1 to 10?

Votes: 1 2.7%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 4 10.8%

Votes: 8 21.6%

Votes: 7 18.9%

Votes: 1 2.7%

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

SD33

Mouseketeer
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on this particular ride. How does it stack up for you with the rest of the Disney e-ticket family?

Also are you talking Disneyland only or should people who have been to WDW evaluate against those rides as well? (I haven’t gotten to ride this particular ride but FOP is considered by many, myself included, to be the cream of the Disney e-ticket ride crop right now.)

Honestly, it felt like a big immersive video game, but it was super fun. I would not call it super thrilling though.

Also are you talking Disneyland only or should people who have been to WDW evaluate against those rides as well? (I haven’t gotten to ride this particular ride but FOP is considered by many, myself included, to be the cream of the Disney e-ticket ride crop right now.)
FOP is my top ride in all of Disney that I've been to. I would rank Smuggler's Run high.. maybe 4th (1 being FOP).

1.Flight of Passage
2.Pirates Disneyland
3.Radiator Springs Racers
4.Haunted Mansion
5. Splash DW, Splash DL
6.Indiana Jones
7.Mine Train
8.Space mountain DL
9.Matterhorn
10.Star Tours
11.Millenium Falcon
12.Rock n Roller coaster
13.Test Track
14.Toy Story

All the Rest.

Sorry that's a little more than ten. But I would put smugglers run in the middle of the pack. Although walking into the cockpit, and Hondo is amazing, the ride is really good, but not great.

1.Flight of Passage
2.Pirates Disneyland
3.Radiator Springs Racers
4.Haunted Mansion
5. Splash DW, Splash DL
6.Indiana Jones
7.Mine Train
8.Space mountain DL
9.Matterhorn
10.Star Tours
11.Millenium Falcon
12.Rock n Roller coaster
13.Test Track
14.Toy Story

All the Rest.

Sorry that's a little more than ten. But I would put smugglers run in the middle of the pack. Although walking into the cockpit, and Hondo is amazing, the ride is really good, but not great.

Interesting list. Mine would have to include GOTG/ToT, Expedition Everest, and Soarin. I’d take out Mine Train and Star Tours (although I loved the new one at DL) so that maybe would get bottom billing.

Last edited:

It is the best ride. They really set the bar high after that ride.

I'm not really a fan of drop rides generally. So ToT and Guardians aren't the top of my favorite E tickets. Everest would move up the list if they fixed Disco Yeti. Lol.

Ha! You replied as I edited. I realized not everyone likes the drop rides, I LOVE them! But I did add Soarin’.

Lol, yeah I would love to see the real working Yeti too!

I’d put it towards the bottom. I really wasn’t impressed. 😬

If I had to put it into context, it’s like Pandora’s Navi River Journey. It’s not awful, but I left saying that was it?

This is very accurate and I believe that once Rise of the Resistance opens both lands are going to be very comparable when it comes to rides. Both lands will have the home run ride in FoP and RotR. Then you’ll have Navi River and Smugglers that are just okay.

I really liked it. I'm not a huge motion simulator person. I like Star Tours and Soarin' perfectly fine, and make a point to do them each day I'm in the parks. But, rarely would I consider riding them over and over again. We rode Smugglers Run 4 times in a row. It was a different experience each time for us, as we got to do different positions, and it was all still so new. Once it wears off, where will it settle in E-Ticket Land?

I like it more than Matterhorn, but less than Splash.
I like it more than Indy, but WAY less than Radiator Springs Racers.
I like it more than Star Tours, but less than Incredicoaster or Guardians.

I like that it's interactive both by yourself with the control board, and that groups in the cockpit can work together and encourage others to get a better score for everyone. The immersion in the queue is amazing, and I think that's one of the best I have seen (I've only been to DLR, so not in comparison to anything at WDW, where I believe I have heard queues are generally a bit more entertaining). I think it's a perfectly good addition to the parks, and will make time to ride it again--and again--when I'm there next spring.

Smuggler’s Run was a fine ride, but it doesn’t make the top 10 for me. So I voted “1” in terms of relative “greatness”, but not because the ride is awful - it’s just not among the best rides at Disneyland or Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!