How does Disney Visa Work?

Lisa loves Pooh

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Can someone share with me how the Disney Visa works...

i.e. how much points you earn for purchases?

How many points required for reward redemption (what are the rewards--hotel night, cruise, voucher?)

Is there an annual fee?

We have the hilton honors card and it has taken us 3 years to rack up some pretty decent points. Currently we charge regular monthly purchases like gas and groceries and pay it off once per month. We earn 3 points per $1 and 1 night at a hotel can be anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 points per night.

Just curious about the Disney visa and if it works the same way.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Lisa loves Pooh
Hi everyone,

Can someone share with me how the Disney Visa works...

i.e. how much points you earn for purchases?
You earn 1% back in the form of Disney Dream Rewards Dollars (DDRD). They often run promotions aimed at specific members. These promotion could be double points for every $ over $500 spend that month or double points for all grocery, gasoline, utility bill purchases.

How many points required for reward redemption (what are the rewards--hotel night, cruise, voucher?)
It doesn't work that way. Each DDRD is worth $1 at select Disney locations. You can use them to pay for your room, passes, dining in WDW or DL, souvenirs and Disney Store purchases. They can be used to pay for part of your cruise of for excursions on the cruise.

However, you must transfer the DDRD to a rewards card before they can be used. Your first transfer must be at least $20. Future transfers to that card must be at least $10. The rewards card looks like a gift card and is used pretty much the same way.

Is there an annual fee?
No, not at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter