How does a split stay work for the meal plan/tickets to parks?

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

We are looking at doing a split stay with meal plan and passes to the parks. How does it work with a split stay,

I understand that we need two separate resort reservations, but does the package with the meal plan/ passes continue for the whole trip or do I have to do two separate meal plan/passes as well. The latter will end up costing me more money on the passes side.

Thanks,

Deb.

You will get new passes/ meal plan because they are on your room key or your Key to the World. But you don't have to to a full 4 day pass if you are going to be there 4 days. You can do as low as a 1 day pass with the dining plan. We are going for 6 days 4 days YC and 2 days CR and we only have a a 1 day base ticket at YC and a 1 day base ticket at CR. If you do end up only putting 1 day on the resort you are switching make sure you keep your keys from the original resort. We accidentally threw our keys away on our split stay last year and had to get new. :confused3 Hope this helps. Good luck.

It's two separate packages requiring you to purchase tickets for each reservation (1 day ticket at a minimum). The dining credits related to the first reservation will expire at midnight on the day you check out of that resort.

Thanks everyone. I have to figure this out if doing the split will be alot more costly. We have done a split stay before the meal plan/magic your way tickets and enjoyed it.

Thanks,

Deb.

Thanks everyone. I have to figure this out if doing the split will be alot more costly. We have done a split stay before the meal plan/magic your way tickets and enjoyed it.

Thanks,

Deb.

We went through the same thing and ended up not doing the meal plan because the cost of the 6 day ticket (for 4) was a couple of hundred dollars less than the cost of a 2 day ticket and a 4 day ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!