• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

I'm here - I'm subbed - and I'm 10 pages behind!

D4D

:welcome:

Hi everyone! I followed the link over from mickeysmyboy's TR! She wasn't kidding when she said this TR was worth following!

Love all the intros, prom and communion pics! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to reading more! popcorn::

:welcome: It will definitely be a fun trip to follow!!

Christine, there was an iron in our room? :confused3:rotfl2:
Yay Melissa you made it!! :hug: You have been nonstop busy since we got back!! Cute pictures of DS and the rest of the gang on his day :goodvibes

We may have not told Melissa about her phone ringing on one occasion when we were by the pool :rolleyes1 Alas it rang again...and her ring tone for her husband is hilarious!!! :rotfl: Oooh I forgot about the woman who spotted your sister in CT. Maybe the reader will find you here? You will definitely have to come over for a Beach Club Lemonade in October....maybe we will have a daily intermission at the pool with different flavors...raspberry lemonade, limeade, etc ;)

Tracy

I'm pretty much always nonstop busy!! That's why I need these trips!

Ahh, the ring! :lmao: We'll have to address that ring at some point! DH was a tiny bit offended by it! My mom, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious!

I reallllly hope my WL comes through for Oct! I actually had a dream about it last night! LOL!! Raspberry lemonade sound delicious!! I wonder, is there any kind of raspberry schnapps or liqueur? hmmm... I have part of a bottle of absolut citron in my liquor cabinet, I was going to a can of frozen lemonade today but it was raining too hard! I figure some citron, a can of lemonade, and maybe some Cointreau! Yummy!

Wow ladies! I have to make sure to get on the DIS every day (at least once) just to keep up with this busy thread!! I'm reading it all and pretending I'm there with you!!

I love all the pictures - resort, prom, communion...All are just wonderful. Thank you all for your great intros! I "knew" some of you already, but it's nice to meet the rest and be reminded again of everyone's story!

Is there an actual recipe for the beach club lemonade? I'm getting thirsty...too bad I'm at work! :laughing:

:welcome: I've lurked on some of your reports!!! Thanks for joining!

I believe Cynthia has the recipe, although it was modified from it original form and it the modification made it FABULOUS!

:
I reallllly hope my WL comes through for Oct! I actually had a dream about it last night! LOL!! Raspberry lemonade sound delicious!! I wonder, is there any kind of raspberry schnapps or liqueur? hmmm... I have part of a bottle of absolut citron in my liquor cabinet, I was going to a can of frozen lemonade today but it was raining too hard! I figure some citron, a can of lemonade, and maybe some Cointreau! Yummy!

You could just get frozen raspberry lemonade unless you have some chambord laying around. Chambord would be better than schnapps I think.

:I believe Cynthia has the recipe, although it was modified from it original form and it the modification made it FABULOUS!

It's Jennifer's originally (Happydog)

1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can of cream
1 can of vodka

ice and blend.

Now....it works best if you can do it in 2 half batches or use to blenders otherwise it easily overflows and it's hard to get enough ice in there. I of course did not do that at the BC as I didn't really have anthing to premix it in and then use half of it but at home it would be easy enough to split. When I made it at home I used 2 blenders.

We changed the vodka out for mango rum and it was delish! I've also had it with pink lemonade instead of regular. I think, honestly you could really do almost anything, just a can of liquor, a can of some kind of concentrate (POG with rum would be good for example) and cream.

YUM!!!

I have to say I was a bit iffy about a cocktail with cream but it is SOOOO good. And very refreshing. And SO easy (not that I made any... I got to lounge in the pool and have my drink delivered... VERY cool! :thumbsup2)

Well as much as I'm not a drinker, even I have to admit I'm bummed I didn't get to try the beach lemonade!!!! I think I'll have to see if one of the ladies will make me one in October!! I too hope my WL comes through for BWV or BCV LOL!!!!

Do you have one of those battery operated blenders? Oh, for some Chambord, that would be quite delightful. :cloud9:

Do you have one of those battery operated blenders? Oh, for some Chambord, that would be quite delightful. :cloud9:

Nope. A regular size "plug-in" blender. Albeit a pretty cheap one from Target. And plastic... because as Mary Ellen said, safety first! I just knew we'd be bringing the whole pitcher down for refills! ;)

Wonder what TSA thought of that when they scanned my suitcase? :laughing:

Oh, just FYI, the wine store in France sells the most adorable little bottle of chamboard. So cute! :rolleyes1

"I'm late, I'm late for a very important date.
No time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!!"

It's been such a crazy time since Spring Break, but I need to get caught up on this trip report!

I have to say I was a bit iffy about a cocktail with cream but it is SOOOO good. And very refreshing. And SO easy (not that I made any... I got to lounge in the pool and have my drink delivered... VERY cool! :thumbsup2)

I'll admit, I was a bit iffy on the cream too! But, it was soooo good!

Well as much as I'm not a drinker, even I have to admit I'm bummed I didn't get to try the beach lemonade!!!! I think I'll have to see if one of the ladies will make me one in October!! I too hope my WL comes through for BWV or BCV LOL!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if we all ended up at BCV?! Woot woot!!!

I was unaware that you could buy a battery operated blender!!!! with that we could take the whole darn thing to the pool! ;)

Nope. A regular size "plug-in" blender. Albeit a pretty cheap one from Target. And plastic... because as Mary Ellen said, safety first! I just knew we'd be bringing the whole pitcher down for refills! ;)

Wonder what TSA thought of that when they scanned my suitcase? :laughing:

Oh, just FYI, the wine store in France sells the most adorable little bottle of chamboard. So cute! :rolleyes1

TSA thought, they wanted to travel with you!!!! :lmao: Remember I had a suitcase full of wine!!:lmao:

I guess I better keep this baby moving, seeing how I was the first to arrive!

As with most of my trips I’m actually going to start off the night before! DH and I have been to WDW without the kids twice over the past few years. Once in March of 2009 and again October of 2010! But this was the first time that I’ve been alone and only the second time in my 12 years of marriage and 10 years of motherhood that I’ve been away without any members of my family! The first time was only for 1 night!!!

I was worried how my kids were going to react! They knew where I was going and what I was doing! There were tears! Quite a few, in fact! But, in the end it wasn’t as bad as I thought and I was actually able to get some sleep and get to bed at a decent time!

Good thing! My alarm clock went off way to early at 2:45 am! UGH! But, with a car service picking me up at 4 am it was necessary!

My worst fear was that the kids would wake up and I’d never be able to get out the door! Luckily, that didn’t happen! Even with my puppy Pluto freaking out when the driver knocked on my door at 4 am!

So, I was off to the airport at 4 am, for my 6:15 am flight, on a cold, drizzly morning!

Upon arriving at the airport a little past 4:30, I found our small, local airport nearly dead! Other then a family in front of me that seemed to include at least 10 people, 3 strollers and 45 pieces of luggage and an older couple behind me with 2 giant boxes full of Entenmanns baked goods they only other people were airport employees!

With my bags checked and everything in place I was off to security! I put my things in the bins and took my shoes off and I headed through the metal detector!

One problem! I set the stupid thing off!!! I went back, made sure I had nothing in my one pocket, took off all my jewelry and went back through!

I set the darn thing off again!!! REALLY?!

So, at 4:30 am I was in the airport getting patted up and down! Great way to start the day!!! I passed the pat down and the TSA lady who did it said it was probably the metal in my bra!!!

Really?! I'm not the first women to wear an underwire bra to the airport and I'm not going to be the last! Why did I set the stupid thing off? I've worn an underwire to the airport before! I've never set the stupid thing off before!! UGH!

Once cleared I was off to the gate!

The wait and the flight were uneventful! I slept for most of the flight and woke up around the time we started our decent!

With that my flight landed slightly ahead of schedule at 8:45 am and I was off to get my luggage and locate my Happy Limo driver!

Soon enough I found myself arriving at Boardwalk and checking in!!!

By some stroke of Disney Magic and luck my room was ready at 9:30 am!!! Woo hoo!!!

So, I had bell services take my luggage to my room and got settled for my one night stay in a fabulous room!

I loved this room! Loved, loved, LOVED it! I also loved this balcony!!!! It was HUGE!! I could have had a party out there!

The view was to die for!

I contemplated taking a nap! But I was afraid that I would sleep away the day and not be able to sleep that night! So I set off!

The lights near my room

First to the lobby for some pictures...

Next to the Boardwalk Bakery for a muffin and a soda! It was hot that day! Too hot for hot coffee!

Then I was off to Epcot via the fabulous back entrance! I must say, I’ve heard tales of this back entrance! I’ve heard of it’s fabulousness! I had certain expectations of it!

It lived up to everything and MORE! It loved it!! How fabulous is it to have Epcot right at your doorstep!? WOW!

I entered Epcot shortly after 10 am. Of course, WS wasn’t open yet. So I headed toward the front of the park!

Some beautiful topiaries along the way,

First sighting on SSE

Lightening McQueen Topiary,

Pooh and Friends!

My favorite fountain while I was played with shutter speed on my camera...

There seemed a lot of people in Future World! I believe it was morning EMH!

So I kind of wondered Future World a bit! I tried SSE but the wait was something like a 30 or 35 minute wait!

So admired the beauty of Epcot and when it was nearing 11 I headed into WS via Mexico!

I took a break from the ever increasing heat inside the pavilion! I looked around and window shopped a bit and then took my first ride! LOL!!

Interesting choice as a first ride, I know!

After my ride I had hoped that the Ditch would be open! Alas, it wasn’t meant to be! So I headed out

and decided to get a frozen margarita at the stand!

While it was yummy, it made the already hot day that much hotter to me!

I made it to the Outpost and found a nice shady table to sit at for a bit! I sent my fabulous dis friends a drink picture!

After drinking a good amount of the strawberry rita I moved on! But it was so hot I had a hard time enjoying it! I kind of went from shade to shade! I’ve always said I’m not a hot weather person, this trip proved it! This day in particular!

Somehow I made it back to the International Gateway and took a nice little rest on a shady bench with a nice breezy! No longer feeling like I was melting I headed toward BWV!

I'm going to break now and go watch my Samantha Brown DVC webcast thing!! I'll be back soon with more!

Don't you just love the Epcot resorts? We get so spoiled with that private entry!!!

I think your balcony was superb! Did you have a boardwalk view?

So excited for October!!!

Hi Mek! So glad I found your report! We were at the Poly from May 1-5. Still thinking about perhaps doing a quick TR for that one.

We too have pictures of those awful love bugs. We were absoutely horified by the mess of the front end of the car. It sounded like it was raining on the drive from Naples to WDW....but it was bugs....thousands of them hitting the windshield. Blech! :scared1:

Looking forward to reading your report!

Carol

Before going into this trip I would have said that MK was my favorite park or even DHS, but after this trip I think EPCOT has found itself on the top....for now ;)

I loved the relaxed atmosphere of this trip and I loved that I had the chance to try new restaurants!! I stayed at POR for the trip and my love for that resort was solidified. I did get a mansion room but I think the CM realized that at midnight there was going to be a scene if she didn't give me one and appeased me LOL

I do believe that your love affair with WS will continue as we will have such nice access on our next trip...
I only wish you were going to be with us for more of our Beach Club nights, I really think I would have a new favorite for you...

Excellent pictures! We're staying at the BC this summer and I'm so excited. I cannot believe we're going to be THAT close to EPCOT.

Great updates everyone! POR is soooo pretty :love: I live about 30 minutes away from where that girl fell in the fountain while texting! :lmao: Someone posted a picture of the sign outside the mall that said "Lifeguards Wanted" shortly after it happened :rotfl: It was most likely a photoshopped picture, but still funny :)

:rotfl2: I know that lady was quite upset that her security video went viral, but what the heck did she think would happen? All in all a good sport and a lesson to all of us who walk and text! :laughing:

Food and Wine 2012 would be SO amazing, no enabling required for me, it's not hard to get me to agree to a Disney trip! Especially since I'm HOPEFULLY going in May next year with DH, he won't want to go twice in one year!:rolleyes1
That's how Denny is. He can't go more than once a year.

F&W and May 2012 - sounds like an AP is in order!

Beautiful pictures! That prom dress is so elegant, boy those have come a LONG way since I graduated! I haven't gotten to read all the comments but I can't wait to hear how many times Melissa's family called while you two were at dinner. And wow Melissa how did you leave them home!! Good for you girl! I always say (hope my precious dd isn't reading this) I hope to one day go to WDW without kids, just to see what it is like and mine are much older than yours. I bet you had the most relaxing 'different' kind of time! Can't wait to read more!! And MEK love the pictures!! Keep them coming :)

Isn't is lovely? and YES, prom dresses have come a real long way. Imagine my son calling that dress "plain". WHAT?

Melissa's family called a lot. :laughing: The age of technology is great, but I think it can make mom a little too accessible!

Yay you're at the resort!!! Ooh sorry to hear you had an apprehensive moment at the bus stop. I definitely would have been feeling the same way too! But I'm glad your bus arrived, and you didn't have to take any more creepy-edited pics! :laughing:

Great pics of POR! I'm very intrigued to stay there!

:rotfl2: Good thing, huh? If I had sat there any longer I would have been taking pictures of spider webs and bugs and other creepy stuff. :rotfl: It was just strange to go that long with no one around. Weird.

POR is very, very pretty. It's definitely a good choice if you are going to stay mod.

Hurray,. you started!! Love me some MEK pics and girl's trips!!! Hmm F&W 2012....

:welcome: Mary! And thanks for the compliment on the pictures.

So are YOU thinking F&W 2012? I think it could turn into a major DIS event!!!!!

How are those adorable girls of yours?

Great start Mary Ellen. I love POR, it's so picturesque.
Thanks Glenn!

Isn't POR great? I love it. Its definitely one of my favorite resorts.

And nice prom pictures too. Is Brian sad that she's moving to AZ? He should be, 'cause you're right, she's stunning.

You know - Brian had known her for so long that I don't think he sees how gorgeous she really is. I guess they have more of a brother/sister relationship. I'm sure she must be breaking someone's heart by leaving.

I'm late to the party but I am here! :goodvibes I have loved every single page of this TR so far!!! I can only imagine how much fun you guys must have had! I can't wait to hear more!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Sunny stace! Thanks for joining in the fun. So glad you are enjoying the TR so far. Plenty more coming!

Gorgeous prom pics....

Thanks! I absolutely love that dress. I could totally see something that gorgeous on Jasmine.

Love your pictures of the resort...it's absolutely beautiful there! I really must try and stay there one of these trips! I love any resort that I can get to DTD by boat!

I think its the perfect resort - its pretty, its well landscaped, the buildings have ton of variety, there is great Saturday night entertainment -yeehaw Bob, and there is a boat that goes to DTD. What could be better?

Wow, Mary Ellen, beautiful prom pictures and pictures of the resort! So peaceful looking but I can imagine it being a little strange and unsettling to be alone at the bus stop for so long! I hope you were able to get your margarita at the cave...one of my new found favorite WDW places!

Thanks and thanks! Being at the bus stop alone was totally weird. I mean, how often are you alone, even for a few seconds, at Disneyworld? Almost never.

Isn't the cave great? Yum!!!!!!

Melissa, your son looked so precious for his communion! The daughter of a woman I work with also made her communion that day and the weather held out for you guys, it was nice out! I'm really excited to hear about this trip! :thumbsup2

I agree. He is adorable. Its the perfect communion picture. I always enjoy seeing the boys since the girls tend to get all the attention with their frilling, pretty dresses.

I'm loving this so far, sounds like a trip that I would love to be on. I'm getting excited about my Sept trip, hope to meet your Jen & Karin as they will be there the same time as I.

September is such and awesome time to go! Are you going them same time as Jen (Duck4Disney)? Who will enjoy her is you get to meet. She is super personable.

Today I learned how to post photos to the list, but now need to resize as the one I posted was way too large! :scared1:
:woohoo: I know its hard to get that right picture size. Its trial and error. Good luck!

Maybe I can finagle a 2012 F&W trip also. It would be great. On our 2009 trip we met a woman at Teppan Edo that was there solo. I could so do that!

More Interest for F&W 2012! WOOT! It would be so fun to get a whole gang of people there and do a few BIG dis meets. I have always wanted to do a big DIS meet on ToT where DISers fill up the whole car.

To show you what I now can do with help from Jenseib I will post a picture from 2006 at the Cay at CBR.
FairatNewBoston06WDW06029-1.jpg

Love it!!!!!! :woohoo:

Ok, it's started. The link is in my signature. This is a new experience, though - writing a TR while reading another one...we'll see if I'm up to the challenge!

:lmao: Well just take it easy and don't tax yourself too much! :lmao: We don't want to be responsible for any adverse outcomes!

Don't you just love the Epcot resorts? We get so spoiled with that private entry!!!

Oh, I really do love the Epcot resorts! Really, really, LOVE! I did have Boardwalk view and it was fabulous! I almost didn't want to move to BCV!

Hi Mek! So glad I found your report! We were at the Poly from May 1-5. Still thinking about perhaps doing a quick TR for that one.

We too have pictures of those awful love bugs. We were absoutely horified by the mess of the front end of the car. It sounded like it was raining on the drive from Naples to WDW....but it was bugs....thousands of them hitting the windshield. Blech! :scared1:

Carol

Ack! Those love bugs are gross!!! Soo gross!!! Ick!

I do believe that your love affair with WS will continue as we will have such nice access on our next trip...
I only wish you were going to be with us for more of our Beach Club nights, I really think I would have a new favorite for you...

I have to agree with you that a few days at BC might render Jen a new fav! 5 nights might ;) have had that affect on me ;)

Excellent pictures! We're staying at the BC this summer and I'm so excited. I cannot believe we're going to be THAT close to EPCOT.

Ahh, I so wish I was at BC right now instead of rainy NY!!! Being that close to Epcot is amazing!!!!!

Me too. It will just come down to vacation days and what I really have to work with.

Pesky vacation days. There are NEVER enough! :rotfl:

so much to comment on....
MEK -great prom pictures
Mickeysmyboy- congrats to your ds on first communion, loved your intro

thank you!

And for the TR: Love the POR pictures, I know the anticipation of texting and everyone slowly coming together, so exciting, looking forward to reading about the first meet up

So glad you like the pictures. The anticipation is half the fun. I bet you remember that well. I bet staying in a big 2BR must have been a lot of fun!

I'm here - I'm subbed - and I'm 10 pages behind!

D4D

:welcome: Jen! So glad you made it over! Don't forget to check out Nilla's TR, too. He is a hoot. You will love him!

Hi everyone! I followed the link over from mickeysmyboy's TR! She wasn't kidding when she said this TR was worth following!

Love all the intros, prom and communion pics! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to reading more! popcorn::

:welcome: Tanzunited! I see Melissa already welcomed you, so consider yourself double welcomed! Glad you like all the intros and the prom pics and Melissa's son is a doll baby.

Christine, there was an iron in our room? :confused3:rotfl2:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: the only way I ever knew there were irons is because Denny irons everything. He packs in the last hour and just squishes everything in his bag. So annoying.

Is there an actual recipe for the beach club lemonade? I'm getting thirsty...too bad I'm at work! :laughing:

There IS now! We invented it during vacation. We just subbed mango flavored rum for the vodka and a new drink was born! :thumbsup2

Oh you ladies sound like a blast!! Can wait to read more!

:welcome: Amyrella! Thanks for joining us. Yes - we are a bit of a crazy bunch. It was a very fun trip!

I guess I better keep this baby moving, seeing how I was the first to arrive!

Awesome update Melissa! 2:45am alarm. Ouch!

I still can't believe your bra set off the metal detector. That is crazy!

Your BWV view is really amazing and the balcony is so much bigger than the BCV studio balcony. I also like the tiling in the kitchenette.

Lovely pictures!!!!!

:welcome: Wigd! Almost time for you to leave again for the world on your mega trip!

I personally loved staying in the Epcot area. It was great!

I got a card to do an online survey for BCV. I thought the customer service was superb!
l

:welcome: Carol! You should definitely do a TR. I love the Poly! I hope you had a fantastic stay.

Carol

Ewwwwhhhhh! That is gross. I can't imagine a lovebug shower. Those bugs were seriously nasty!

You are going to :love: LOVE :love: the BC. Excellent location. Pretty resort and fabulous customer service. I hope you love it!

And - Yes - you will be that close to Epcot! It will make you giddy!

Please let me know if I miss any replies! With this TR moving along faster that what I'm used to (and you know I'm not complaining about that - its great!) I just don't want to miss any posts. So let me know if I accidently overlook a post!!!!!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter