How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

Sorry for the late introduction everyone! But this was a busy weekend around my house! Because…

DS8 made first communion on Saturday! There was a lot of preparation for the event and a nice party after! To make it a little more complicated DS3 decided that getting sick the day of the communion was a good idea!

But, now things have wound down a bit and I’m here!

So, I am Melissa! Known around here as mickeysmyboy! I am a 35 year old stay at home mom/wife to 3 fabulous kiddos, a DH who works from home and a silly puppy named Pluto!

My sis and I in Feb

Me getting pixie dusted in December

ME and my fabulous family with Santa in December!

I’ve been to WDW a total of 12 time now! 4 of those trips have occurred within the past 7 months! DH and I drank the same kool-aid as Tracy back on a trip for our 10th Anniversary in 2009 and have since added on twice! Of course, there is a nice little contract on timeshare store that I’m eyeing!

My favorite time of year to visit WDW, much like many of my friends, is October. In fact, I am very much looking forward to a trip October 14th – 23rd! I’m hoping that this trip will be a perfect mix of family and friends ;) I LOVE Halloween at WDW!! LOVE it! It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

My favorite thing at WDW is hard to say at this point! My favorite ride varies, so does my favorite park! Right now my favorite park is probably Epcot, I wish I could live in WS, and I really don’t have a favorite ride right now! Sorcerer Mickey is my far my favorite character! I’ve loved Mickey for as long as I can remember!

At this point, like Christine, my favorite “thing” about WDW is the escape, the relaxation, the magic of it all! I don’t feel the need to do commando park touring, in fact quite the opposite! With a bunch of trips under our Disney belt we kind of take it as it comes and go with the kids flow!

I was the first to arrive on this fabulous girls trip! I arrived April 28th and spent almost 2 days alone before meeting MaryEllen! Being in WDW alone for the first time was a fabulous experience but, by the time I met up with MaryEllen I was quite lonely!

This trip was all that I thought it would be and so much more! We had such an amazing time together! We joked and laughed and drank (a lot) and ate (a lot)! It was a trip I’ll never, ever forget! It was a trip not without a little drama for me! But, I can’t wait to do it again!!!!!

So, on with the show!!

Yes, I am a self professed dork.

Sometimes it's as simple as playing around with your alignment and the line breaks till it flows. If you don't force the line breaks it can get wonky.

I also find that using the rotating tickers help free up space instead of the single ones.

I guess I will have to keep playing with it. I originally made a rotating banner, but didn't save it and then I couldn't make it work. Back to the drawing board.

Originally I had everything in one line and then it just changed. I don't understand why, :confused3

:rotfl:

you had too many. I did tell you guys what it was called (and no, that's not it, that's just the description of how to make it) but then Melissa renamed our modified mango rum version "Beach Club Lemonade"

Beach club lemonade. That's what I remember - not the whole can in a can in a can thing. I loved it with the mango rum. So yummy!

Actually we got a lot of comments, people wanting one, wanting to know what it was and one comment that coming down with a full blender was applause worthy. At least 2 folks asked to know how to make it.

The stares were in the lobby. Pool people seemed to think it was cool.

I know people where offering to buy the whole blender. :rotfl: We could have really made a lot of friends that afternoon.

Pool people. :lmao:

Beach Club Lemonade was definitely a hit. I'll be making it again in October, I'm sure!

I fully expect that you will be putting that blender to good use during your next visit!

And thanks, MEK, for pointing out that the blender (& glasses too) were plastic. We were drinking responsibly poolside. :rotfl:

Safety first! :thumbsup2

LOL you guys are too funny!!!!! I'm sad to say I think Cynthia still has my cup from the night at Raglan Road booooo....I'll have to get with her and have her ship it to me LOL!!!!!

We did find an extra when we were packing up and figured it was yours. Mine is sitting in my kitchen waiting for its next use.

YAY for your arrival!! What great pics of POR!! I so love that resort!!!

I do too. I think Disney really put a little extra into POR. The theming really screams detail. Its so beautiful and relaxing. I am glad you like the pix.

LOL glad the cone of silence worked for your trip that's always a good thing!!

It worked really well. I kept it up until the night before I left. Then I called to say what time my flight was since Denny can take up to 24 hours to find a text message. Sheesh!

YAY for making it to EPCOT!! Can't wait to hear about your first meet up with Melissa

I was soooooooo excited to get to Epcot! It was a perfect evening weatherwise. So refreshing.

Some of us were. I seem to recall "ahem" someones drink perhaps spilling into the pool. It was mostly gone though. The dangers of noodling.

If I had tried to noodle and drink the whole beverage would have been in the pool. Clearly I have not mastered the art of............!

I ended up with 2, as did Mary Ellen, one was yours but not sure about the other one. Sadly, due to a VERY overpacked Tink on the way home, one of them cracked. Hopefully Mary Ellen had better luck!

Funny - I'm not sure where the second one is. I will look in my collapsible cooler and make sure I didn't leave it in there.

I was impressed with Denny's resolution in that area, glad to hear they survived

They did. they made out quite well in fact!

that photo ed is funny!

Artsy was what I was originally going for, but I'll accept funny as an alternative!

:rotfl: I would fall into the fountain or run over a small child, no doubt.

Let's just say I had a couple of close calls. :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: so happy that you got Melissa's coordinates!!!

I knew exactly where she was and dodged multiple men, women, children, and strollers to get there ASAP!

Beautiful resort and pictures! I can see why it is a favorite of so many. ::yes::

It really is. It was my first resort so I will be forever fond of it.

Such a pretty dress on Brian's date...my how the times have changed :rotfl:

Isn't it! And, YES, the times have changed. When I was that age I was wearing a peasant dress to my prom. E gads!!!!! :scared1:

:
Too funny about Denny not wanting to talk to you and then Oy!! poor, poor Melissa! :rolleyes:

Tracy

Oh yeah - He really DID refuse to talk to me.

And Melissa - what a trooper!

I love the prom pictures. Brian and his date both looked great! :)

Thanks!

Your POR pics are lovely. I love how serene the atmosphere is there.

Looking forward to more :)

Thank you! I love that resort. I didn't take nearly as many pix as I wanted to, but still managed quite a few (shocker - I know).

More on the way!

Finally an update! :rotfl:

Love the prom pics, the dress Brian's date is wearing is SO beautiful! :)

I love your POR pics, especially the one of the horse and carriage. I mean, it might be my favorite picture of yours yet. :worship:

I hope you got to have a margarita! Is the "Ditch" La Cava?

If you guys ever take another girls trip, I'm crashing! You guys seem like such a fun group! :banana:

Sorry for the late introduction everyone! But this was a busy weekend around my house! Because…

DS8 made first communion on Saturday! There was a lot of preparation for the event and a nice party after! To make it a little more complicated DS3 decided that getting sick the day of the communion was a good idea!

Loved the FB photos, it looked like a beautiful day!

I was the first to arrive on this fabulous girls trip! I arrived April 28th and spent almost 2 days alone before meeting MaryEllen! Being in WDW alone for the first time was a fabulous experience but, by the time I met up with MaryEllen I was quite lonely!

This trip was all that I thought it would be and so much more! We had such an amazing time together! We joked and laughed and drank (a lot) and ate (a lot)! It was a trip I’ll never, ever forget! It was a trip not without a little drama for me! But, I can’t wait to do it again!!!!!

Being alone was just fascinating to me. I'm not really sure what I thought it would be like but it was so neat to have alone and group time, such a different (and restorative!) kind of trip! I can't wait to do it again too. Just have to figure out how to fit it in. :rotfl:

I guess I will have to keep playing with it. I originally made a rotating banner, but didn't save it and then I couldn't make it work. Back to the drawing board.

Originally I had everything in one line and then it just changed. I don't understand why, :confused3

You probably accidentally added a line break, or removed one and it's impossible to tell. I tend to copy my code over into a word doc while I'm working, that way if I muck it up, I can just paste the old stuff back in.

Beach club lemonade. That's what I remember - not the whole can in a can in a can thing. I loved it with the mango rum. So yummy!

I know people where offering to buy the whole blender. :rotfl: We could have really made a lot of friends that afternoon.

Now that's what I call a lemonade stand! :rotfl: The mango rum was a great idea!

Great update, Mary Ellen! I am still :rotfl: about Denny and the silent treatment. The rest of the gang may try the same tactic next time. ;)

Oh, yeah, he sure did. It threw me for a bit, but then I adjusted and my home life faded into the background.

The only time Brian texted me all week was to tell me Osama Bin Laden was killed.

Very pretty resort pictures. I think that would probably be my pick of the moderates.

I love that place, but it IS BIG! I forgot how big until the bus was making the drop off at night and it kept driving and driving and driving between stops.

G
That bus stop does look pretty desolate. Were you wondering if they closed WDW and no one told you? :) It is a pretty rare thing to be all alone in "the world," especially at a bus stop.
That is EXACTLY how I felt! :rotfl2: I felt like I stepped into a time warp. It was weird.

Anxiously awaiting word of what happened when you finally got to Mexico!

Coming up!

Very nice prom pictures!!

Thanks!

Nice pictures of prom. Your son's date's dress was beautiful!

It really was a stunning dress. My son said it was "plain". Go figure! :rotfl2:

POR looks so nice. I will definitely have to stay there some day.

Can't wait to read more.

It really is a gorgeous resort. Like I said - so many details. Even the quiet pools are done so nicely. Lot of extra touches.

An update with beautiful prom pictures and beautiful POR pictures? Wow! It's a two-fer! Loved the pics of both.

Melissa gave me her coordinates and I was on the run to Mexico.

This sounds like it could be turning into a James Bond movie (with margaritas)!

DH and I drank the same kool-aid as Tracy back on a trip for our 10th Anniversary in 2009 and have since added on twice! Of course, there is a nice little contract on timeshare store that I’m eyeing!

I really, really, REALLY need to start shopping for said Kool-Aid. While I've been "sold" since the ripe old age of 7, BF...not so much.

We joked and laughed and drank (a lot) and ate (a lot)!

Sounds like the recipe for a perfect trip!

Can't wait to read more!

I absolutely love this shot! It is PERFECT! Really a keeper!

I’ve been to WDW a total of 12 time now! 4 of those trips have occurred within the past 7 months! DH and I drank the same kool-aid as Tracy back on a trip for our 10th Anniversary in 2009 and have since added on twice! Of course, there is a nice little contract on timeshare store that I’m eyeing!

I knew you had visited a lot lately, but I didn't know it was 4 trips in 7 months. Your AP is getting lots of use. You go girl!

OOOOOHHHHHH - another contract! YIPEE!

Wonderful introduction Melissa.

I am so happy the gang is now officially all here. I will have to update the links!

Please share your wonderful, gorgeous pictures that you took during your solo time and then we can pick up at our reunion.

Loved your intro, Melissa. I didn't realize it was 4 trips in 7 months... pretty darn cool!! I'm really looking forward to October too!!!

Fingers crossed for you on that interesting contract... I think I hear it calling your name! :laughing:

The Communion photos are so sweet. Sorry your youngest was sick. That's no fun.

A few things...Cynthia...you IRONED on the trip??? Wow. That's dedication.

Lovely prom pictures.

I'm so enjoying reading this...if this is an indication, you must have had a blast.

Oh, yes, and POR looks so pretty.

Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! :worship: Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!

Jackie, take note.. sounds like a good one for your beach summer vacation trip!

Well, all this fall trip talk, sheesh. Getting very exciting I have to say!! :)

I love what I have read so far with all your posts and quips! MK, love those photos of Port Orleans!!! :lovestruc So pretty!!!

And your son looks so handsome!!! They all clean up so nicely for prom!!!

Finally an update! :rotfl:

Love the prom pics, the dress Brian's date is wearing is SO beautiful! :)

Isn't it? It really was so pretty in person and on such a cute girl. Plus very sweet, too!

I love your POR pics, especially the one of the horse and carriage. I mean, it might be my favorite picture of yours yet. :worship:

Awww - thanks! I really do love POR. It almost makes me sad that all my future stays should be all DVC.

I hope you got to have a margarita! Is the "Ditch" La Cava?

You got it! I don't know how I got the name the "Ditch". Did I get that from Podsnel (Ellen)? I have no idea.

If you guys ever take another girls trip, I'm crashing! You guys seem like such a fun group! :banana:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I think you and Christine are both from Connecticut. Well, I know she is. You live there too, right? Or am I making that up.

I seriously want a F&W 2012 Reunion!

An update with beautiful prom pictures and beautiful POR pictures? Wow! It's a two-fer! Loved the pics of both.

Thank you! I had to put the prom pictures in there. How could I not? :rotfl:

:rotfl: (I have the James Bond theme stuck in my head right now - thanks for that!)

I really, really, REALLY need to start shopping for said Kool-Aid. While I've been "sold" since the ripe old age of 7, BF...not so much.

If you stick with this TR you will most certainly be purchasing said Kool-aid. 4 out of 6 of us own right now and the other two are not far behind. We all own all over the place, too, which makes DVC so cool. Love it!

Being alone was just fascinating to me. I'm not really sure what I thought it would be like but it was so neat to have alone and group time, such a different (and restorative!) kind of trip! I can't wait to do it again too. Just have to figure out how to fit it in. :rotfl:
FOOD & WINE 2012!!!!!!!! Is that enough of a hint for you!

That is dedication. Conversely, I'm not sure if Tracy or I could tell you where the ironing board was located in our room. :rotfl:

Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! :worship: Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!!!

Yup, I did. Packed it right in my suitcase. In fact I think it was the first thing that went in there... priorities and all.

The drink really is yummy!! Very refreshing on a hot day! And a recipe even I can remember.

FOOD & WINE 2012!!!!!!!! Is that enough of a hint for you!

Subtle. :)

Oh no!! I was going to start my TR tonight, but with you getting 8 pages of comments in just 3 days, maybe I should wait until this one is done :eek:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I think you and Christine are both from Connecticut. Well, I know she is. You live there too, right? Or am I making that up.

I seriously want a F&W 2012 Reunion!

Yep I'm from CT too, small world, there's lots of CT DIS'ers, I've noticed! :banana:

I would totally do a F&W trip next year! I want to do a girl's Disney trip soooo bad, but none of my friends really care about Disney all that much! :confused3 :eek:

Yes, I am a self professed dork.

Sometimes it's as simple as playing around with your alignment and the line breaks till it flows. If you don't force the line breaks it can get wonky.

I also find that using the rotating tickers help free up space instead of the single ones.

I said it before and I'll say it again!!! You are sooooo not a dork!!!

you had too many. I did tell you guys what it was called (and no, that's not it, that's just the description of how to make it) but then Melissa renamed our modified mango rum version "Beach Club Lemonade"

Actually we got a lot of comments, people wanting one, wanting to know what it was and one comment that coming down with a full blender was applause worthy. At least 2 folks asked to know how to make it.

The stares were in the lobby. Pool people seemed to think it was cool.

LOVE the Beach Club Lemonade!!! It was fabulous! In fact, Target has a plastic blender on sale this week! If I make it to target this week it will be coming home with me and it will end up in my locker!

Everyone at the pool seemed it was fabulous that we had blender drinks! Woo hoo for us!!!

Pool people. :lmao:

Beach Club Lemonade was definitely a hit. I'll be making it again in October, I'm sure!

And thanks, MEK, for pointing out that the blender (& glasses too) were plastic. We were drinking responsibly poolside. :rotfl:

:lmao::rotfl2: I really hope my waitlist comes through so we can have a few Beach Club Lemonades!!!

I was speed walking and texting Melissa at the same time. I had visions of the lady who fell into the fountain at the mall. But I remained undaunted. Melissa gave me her coordinates and I was on the run to Mexico.

Would I finally have my first margarita at the Ditch or would something foil my plans????????

And just how many times did Melissa's family call her during dinner??????

Fabulous start MaryEllen!!! I loved the communications ban!!! I really wish I could have instituted one for myself!!!

How many times did my family call during dinner?! TOO MANY! I can tell you that for darn sure! ;)

I will be back tomorrow with an update on my time alone!

The rest of the gang may try the same tactic next time. ;)

Whoever could you be speaking of?! ;)

Loved the FB photos, it looked like a beautiful day!

Thanks! It was a lovely day!

it was so restorative and so relaxing!!!!!

LOL!!!

I never thought DH would drink it! But he did! I'm still surprised!

Sounds like the recipe for a perfect trip!

It really was!

Can't wait to read more!

I absolutely love this shot! It is PERFECT! Really a keeper!

Aww, thanks! My sweet, handsome little boy!!!

I knew you had visited a lot lately, but I didn't know it was 4 trips in 7 months. Your AP is getting lots of use. You go girl!

Yup! Oct, Dec, Feb and May!!!

OOOOOHHHHHH - another contract! YIPEE!

We shall see!

Wonderful introduction Melissa.

I am so happy the gang is now officially all here. I will have to update the links!

Please share your wonderful, gorgeous pictures that you took during your solo time and then we can pick up at our reunion.

Thanks! I'll be back tomorrow with an update on my alone time!!

Loved your intro, Melissa. I didn't realize it was 4 trips in 7 months... pretty darn cool!! I'm really looking forward to October too!!!

Fingers crossed for you on that interesting contract... I think I hear it calling your name! :laughing:

The Communion photos are so sweet. Sorry your youngest was sick. That's no fun.

Yup! I've been a busy diser! Oct, Dec, Feb and May!!!

:lmao: I'm working on convincing John that it's calling our name too!! We shall see!

We had a lovely day on Saturday! My boy looks so grown up! My kids always pick bad times to get sick! But, he's better now!

Oh I love that quote. That's a riot!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

probably more like Bridget Jones than Bond...but I'm speaking for myself there, not a reflection of anyone else.

I'm so enjoying reading this...if this is an indication, you must have had a blast.
:lmao:

Desperation is more like it. I had squished/squashed a LOT into my magical bag and some of the cotton tops and sundresses were rather unforgiving. It's just funny as I never iron ANYTHING at home but then again, it's all hanging up, all the time so there is no need.

Okay, am I reading this right?! Did you seriously bring a BLENDER in your suitcase, Cynthia??!! :worship: Holy moly. I am impressed!!! So the lemon fizz meets mango rum?! INTERESTING combo. Sounds very tropical and beachy... hence the beach club lemonade!!!

:laughing: no, Christine packed the blender (and left it in her owners lockers). I just packed festive glassware and straws. Yep, we used the regular lemonade but for round 2 swapped out the vodka for mango rum. It was delish and I think the consensus was we all liked the mango rum one better...it was VERY tropical and beachy! Suited where we were for sure!

I am kind of curious what she means by an "interesting" contract. :rotfl:

It's true - she ironed. I am a witness!

Lovely prom pictures.

Thank you!

Oh, yes, and POR looks so pretty.

We did have a blast. We each a lot of together time and a good amount of alone time where we each went a separate ways. That gave it the perfect balance.

POR is so pretty. Love that place!

Jackie, take note.. sounds like a good one for your beach summer vacation trip!

It was actually Christine who brought it because she put it in her owner's locker for future trips. Smart girl. But it was after I called member services and asked for a blender for the studio and they said, "uhm...we don't do that".

Well, all this fall trip talk, sheesh. Getting very exciting I have to say!! :)

I so wish I was going this fall! But I'm excited for everyone who is going.

I love what I have read so far with all your posts and quips! MK, love those photos of Port Orleans!!! :lovestruc So pretty!!!

And your son looks so handsome!!! They all clean up so nicely for prom!!!

I'm so glad you are enjoying the TR and the pictures so far. And thanks for the compliment on my son's prom pictures. They do clean up nicely, don't they. I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl:

Oh no!! I was going to start my TR tonight, but with you getting 8 pages of comments in just 3 days, maybe I should wait until this one is done :eek:
:rotfl2:

:welcome: Nilla! And Welcome Back!!!!! I hope you and the family had a fantastic trip. And you darn well better start that TR ASAP. I can't wait to see pictures of your adorable kids. Plus I want to see what cute dresses Kristen made this year. So get going on that first update!!!!!!

Yep I'm from CT too, small world, there's lots of CT DIS'ers, I've noticed! :banana:

So many DISers from the NE and midatlantic. Probably because our weather S$$CKS. We crave the warmth!! and more importantly, THE SUNLIGHT!

I would totally do a F&W trip next year! I want to do a girl's Disney trip soooo bad, but none of my friends really care about Disney all that much! :confused3 :eek:
FOOD AND WINE 2012!!!!!! Like Melissa said - WOOT!!!!!!! :woohoo:

The wheels are turning. Let the enabling begin! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter