How do you think DL will announce OOS guests can buy tickets/make park reservations?

EpcotNerd

Mouseketeer
I know no one knows the exact answer and all we can do is speculate... but once OOS visitors are allowed by CA/DL do you think you'll be able to buy tickets right away (as in the second it's announced)? Or will they announce a date that we're eligible to start buying tickets/making park reservations? It seems like a silly question because the Disney way is normally announcement with a future date but the system is in place, you'd think they could just press a button and let people start the process.

Also, can anyone suggest a Twitter account to follow that will Tweet the news that OOS guests are finally allowed to come? I feel like the official DL Twitter accounts are slower to break news than fan-based sites. I'd love to set up a push notification to find out when it happens.

Thanks for entertaining my optimistic questions that this could happen sooner rather than later :tongue:

As I understand it, anyone can buy tickets now. Its the reservations where they ask you to verify that you are a CA resident and supposedly they will be checking at the front gate for now. As to when they will open up to OOS visitors, your guess is as good as mine.

As I understand it, anyone can buy tickets now. Its the reservations where they ask you to verify that you are a CA resident and supposedly they will be checking at the front gate for now. As to when they will open up to OOS visitors, your guess is as good as mine.

They ask you to verify you're a resident when you purchase tickets too.

But there's been some conflicting information being given verbally that is in contrast to what the actual purchase process says.

They ask you to verify you're a resident when you purchase tickets too.

But there's been some conflicting information being given verbally that is in contrast to what the actual purchase process says.
Maybe I was in too much of a hurry to notice, but I do not remember having to verify I was a Ca resident when i bought tickets last week.

I know no one knows the exact answer and all we can do is speculate... but once OOS visitors are allowed by CA/DL do you think you'll be able to buy tickets right away (as in the second it's announced)? Or will they announce a date that we're eligible to start buying tickets/making park reservations? It seems like a silly question because the Disney way is normally announcement with a future date but the system is in place, you'd think they could just press a button and let people start the process.
Since Disney basically took control of the situation, I think they'll announce a specific day that they'll welcome out-of-state guests to purchase tickets / make park reservations, and I think they'll make a big deal about it. Like, I doubt you'd need to subscribe to a specific blog or anything - it'll be all over official Disneyland / Disney Parks social media as soon as it's official.

I say that because - they'll almost certainly have to do a queue for that moment. If word gets out at like 4pm and there's a rush, it could potentially crash the site if they're not prepared for it. (The queue system does not appear to be automatic based on heavy load - it acts like it's a manual setup.)

People asked similar questions about park reservations and hotel reservations (wondering if Disney might just open them at random), and those were done exactly like that - a (roughly) specific start time on a specific day. (By "roughly" - the announcements were "no earlier than 8am", and ended up being a few minutes after that.)

Maybe I was in too much of a hurry to notice, but I do not remember having to verify I was a Ca resident when i bought tickets last week.

Been there since 4/15. We discussed it at length in the 4/15 ticket thread when people got through. Here's a relatively recent screenshot. People were just agreeing to it without actually reading it.

Attachments

• proofofresidencyfull.png
    proofofresidencyfull.png
    203 KB · Views: 18

I know there is conflicting info as far as buying tickets is concerned. I was told by a cast member I could buy tickets but not make a reservation at this point. I reached out to a long time webmaster on this site to see if they could use their connections to get an answer. They confirmed that indeed a cast member told them they could buy tickets (only park hopper) but not make as reservation as an out of state visitor. They also told me that the recorded message on the Disney line said the same thing. Hope this helps, Disney has not done a good job on this one !

I know there is conflicting info as far as buying tickets is concerned. I was told by a cast member I could buy tickets but not make a reservation at this point. I reached out to a long time webmaster on this site to see if they could use their connections to get an answer. They confirmed that indeed a cast member told them they could buy tickets (only park hopper) but not make as reservation as an out of state visitor. They also told me that the recorded message on the Disney line said the same thing. Hope this helps, Disney has not done a good job on this one !

Yeah, sadly Disney does not have consistent information on this and are out right contradicting themselves with the official information provided depending where you look :(. The one in writing says one thing while the verbal says another :confused3

I'm hoping it's cleared up soon on Disney's side of things 🤞😬. They really need to update the purchase page if the verbal is what was intended.

Also hoping they give some warning when OOS can book reservations so they can be prepared to jump in as soon as it's available for them.

Oh god not another discussion about the "check here" box on the reservation system. Please no! :rotfl2: Let's just drop that argument before it shuts down OP's thread, shall we?

Also, can anyone suggest a Twitter account to follow that will Tweet the news that OOS guests are finally allowed to come? I feel like the official DL Twitter accounts are slower to break news than fan-based sites. I'd love to set up a push notification to find out when it happens.

I follow Scott Gustin on Twitter- he's pretty fast with news.

I think we'll hear it from the state first and I don't think it'll be long until Disneyland makes an announcement following that. ✌ I'm hoping we find out before that June 15th that it's a go and our speculation is right... not until the day of which would be maddening. But we'll see..

I think we'll hear it from the state first and I don't think it'll be long until Disneyland makes an announcement following that. ✌ I'm hoping we find out before that June 15th that it's a go and our speculation is right... not until the day of which would be maddening. But we'll see..
Didn't the state say that out of state visitors could visit theme parks now? I thought that it was just DL making the decision to keep it to in state for opening.

Didn't the state say that out of state visitors could visit theme parks now? I thought that it was just DL making the decision to keep it to in state for opening.

Only with proof of vaccination. So Disneyland is likely waiting for it to be gone.... but I do think it's a positive step regardless.. any loosening is helpful.

lol, no argument. I just didnt remember having to check that box is all.

Hahaha I was just joking. 😉 Every time it gets brought up a fight seems to follow..

DL will announce it through regular media channels and social media. I’m sure that once they give it the green light for out of state visitors, it will be all over the news so much that you won’t be able to miss it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter