How do you organize your plans?

I have a spreadsheet that I use. It started as a pretty simple dining plan tracker to keep park days and ADRs organized. It now has fast passes, general plans, flight info, etc on it.

Spreadsheets, a couple of pages in my Bullet Journal, a bajillion texts with my husband, Touring Plans and MDE :)

I plan things in Excel. After ADRs, FPs, and other plans are made, just MDE.

I use Google Docs and set up a chart with my itinerary w/ADRs, FPs, confirmation #s, etc. I also use the space below the chart to keep any particular notes or reminders I have for myself (i.e. particular things I want to try at festival booths, where the various in-park games start, best seating on Soarin, etc). This way I can pull up the whole document on my phone and see everything in one convenient place. I also screenshot all of my pre-booked FPs.

wdw plan.JPG

Thanks for all the responses!

I would love see some spreadsheets, but I would need something simple. I just type things out by the day and of course color code them...lol. But I think a spreadsheet would be more organized and easier. I googled some samples but I was overwhelmed.

I create color coded calendar invites for Flights, (Flight CheckIns) the Hotel Reservation, Dining, FPs and Shows/Parades that we plan to on catching. I send the invites to all in our traveling group; so everyone has a copy of the plan on their phone. I also create a Group Text Chat so that we can plan together in advance and communicate while on property if we are separated for any reason. I used to do the Excel Spread Sheet thing....but some of the kids and older members of the party had trouble using the spreadsheets.

This is a really rough plan for my March trip. I haven't finished plugging in plans, but just so you get an idea. It's really nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 80
I create color coded calendar invites for Flights, (Flight CheckIns) the Hotel Reservation, Dining, FPs and Shows/Parades that we plan to on catching. I send the invites to all in our traveling group; so everyone has a copy of the plan on their phone. I also create a Group Text Chat so that we can plan together in advance and communicate while on property if we are separated for any reason. I used to do the Excel Spread Sheet thing....but some of the kids and older members of the party had trouble using the spreadsheets.

WOW!! Thats impressive!!!

This is a really rough plan for my March trip. I haven't finished plugging in plans, but just so you get an idea. It's really nothing fancy, but it works for me.

This is great! Have a great time planning, its half the fun!!

MDE. I have no idea what folks are doing besides making extra work with the spreadsheets etc., when you can input it all into 1 cloud based source. Even if you lose your phone - run to the apple store and BAM all your plans are back. But, I try to be as minimalist as possible.

MDE. I have no idea what folks are doing besides making extra work with the spreadsheets etc., when you can input it all into 1 cloud based source. Even if you lose your phone - run to the apple store and BAM all your plans are back. But, I try to be as minimalist as possible.

For me it's as much a labor of love as a necessity. I love making lists, writing out my brainstorming and then watching the plan come to fruition :) But I get the minimal/digital mindset. I'm also someone who HAS to have a paper planner that I write out by hand, digital just doesn't work for me. My 12yo manages everything for school digitally far better than he did with paper. It's all in how your brain works, and figuring out what works best for you!

You sound like my kids..lol. I need a place where I can add extra notes and plans that MDE doesn't allow me to do.

I use a spreadsheet. This is the one from our October 2018 trip. View attachment 374310

This is great! I might have to try something like this.

For me it's as much a labor of love as a necessity. I love making lists, writing out my brainstorming and then watching the plan come to fruition :) But I get the minimal/digital mindset. I'm also someone who HAS to have a paper planner that I write out by hand, digital just doesn't work for me. My 12yo manages everything for school digitally far better than he did with paper. It's all in how your brain works, and figuring out what works best for you!

You sound just like me. I have a daily planner, pen to paper....thats how I roll!!:rotfl2:

I’m an ear maker so disneybounding is an absolute must.

My DD buys those from Etsy, their beautiful!! You should let me know if you sell them and where, I am sure she'll want more for our next trip.

You sound like my kids..lol. I need a place where I can add extra notes and plans that MDE doesn't allow me to do.

This is great! I might have to try something like this.

You sound just like me. I have a daily planner, pen to paper....thats how I roll!!:rotfl2:

My DD buys those from Etsy, their beautiful!! You should let me know if you sell them and where, I am sure she'll want more for our next trip.

You can find me on Instagram @enchantedcharactears

Last edited:

I’m almost the same way. I love the planning aspect. I’m 21 days away from our next trip and I’ve done all the planning I can, so I’m literally inventing things to do so I can continue “planning.” I feel lost otherwise. But I am all about the digital aspect. I write down everything in the initial stages and then transfer that all to a Excel file in a shared cloud-based drive that I can access anywhere. I also have all our info in a shared calendar. I share everything with my husband (not that he’s interested in the slightest, he thinks I’m nuts) just in case I can’t access anything. That way I’ll always have access to anything. I also use MDE and Touring Plans to keep track of our schedule online. But some things don’t work with those sites (plane res, car rental) so that’s where the spreadsheet comes in.

I’m currently on my phone otherwise I’d share a screenshot of my color-coded hourly itinerary. That started when I ran out of other things to add to my already crowded spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I’m almost the same way. I love the planning aspect. I’m 21 days away from our next trip and I’ve done all the planning I can, so I’m literally inventing things to do so I can continue “planning.” I feel lost otherwise. But I am all about the digital aspect. I write down everything in the initial stages and then transfer that all to a Excel file in a shared cloud-based drive that I can access anywhere. I also have all our info in a shared calendar. I share everything with my husband (not that he’s interested in the slightest, he thinks I’m nuts) just in case I can’t access anything. That way I’ll always have access to anything. I also use MDE and Touring Plans to keep track of our schedule online. But some things don’t work with those sites (plane res, car rental) so that’s where the spreadsheet comes in.

I’m currently on my phone otherwise I’d share a screenshot of my color-coded hourly itinerary. That started when I ran out of other things to add to my already crowded spreadsheet.

I feel the same way and so does my husband (until we get there that is):rotfl:
I would love to see your itinerary it sounds awesome.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!